New Max Goo records

111 replies [Last post]

**These records were done using a bug that turned out to be illegal, so ignore them.**

I just thought I'd inform you all that I’ve set 6 new max goo records. They are:

Flying Machine (7), Fisty’s Bog (17), Blustery Day (33), Beauty And The Electric Tentacle (42), Burning Man (39) and Weather Vane (93).

I’ve also built a taller tower (55.09)

can you post a video?

Or a screenshot? I'm one of the top record holders so I'm very curious at your new scores Smile especially at Burning Man, Blustery Day

Can you post at 2dboy.com/forum at Max Goo Chart? Just so we can keep track of all records, thanks

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I don’t have any videos or screenshots. Even if I did, I wouldn’t want to give away how I did them.

On another note, it’s strange that after all this time the game has been out that no one has been able to make a quicksave/load feature so you can save mid-level. It would make trying for max goo a lot less frustrating.

Ur tower is cheat...And how can u get it so damn straight...cheater...

His tower is not cheat: it was built the same way Kamal's tower was, and he used a very good construction plan. See the leader board. Wink

Peter B wrote:
I don’t have any videos or screenshots. Even if I did, I wouldn’t want to give away how I did them.

True that, but you must have some proof of your new records. We here at World of Goo community share our scores so that everyone can know how to get them.
Look at Max Goo/Least Moves/Least Time/ Charts at 2dboy forum, there you can find all top scores.

If you did it once it should be a problem to do it again and take a screenshot.
Or at least try to explain how you did it.

The profile should be proof enough. Same goes for the tower.

I'd rather not say how I did them so I keep the records.

Also, I've now got the maximum possible for Blustery Day, 36.

Peter B wrote:
The profile should be proof enough. Same goes for the tower.

I'd rather not say how I did them so I keep the records.

Also, I've now got the maximum possible for Blustery Day, 36.

But the profiles can be easily edited, same goes for tower(it can be built it 0 gravity)

p.s. I just got 130 goos in Going Up!! Smile What, you don't believe me?

I woundnt know how to edit the profile.

p.s. there aren't 130 goos in Going Up.

It was a joke. Wink p.s. If people can't find out how others did it, then how would we know the others didn't edit their profile? I don't see how you could get an extra goo on "Flying Machine" without Bug #2 or a detaching wall.

I knew he was joking.

As for Flying Machine, obviously I got it trapped in the floor area and it snapped, releasing the extra ball.

That sounds hard... and very much non-doable, but I believe you. After all, that's one of the way's to complete "Tumbler" with a total of 36 balls.

James wrote:
It was a joke. Wink p.s. If people can't find out how others did it, then how would we know the others didn't edit their profile? I don't see how you could get an extra goo on "Flying Machine" without Bug #2 or a detaching wall.

OK, maybe he somehow stretched the structure with two levers and balloons and that's how he got that one goo, Beauty And The Electric Tentacle 42 is ok, I know how you did it,
but
Blustery Day 36?
Burning Man 39? how is that possible?
Fisty’s Bog, Weather Vane??

I use the same kind of trick for all of them. Which is why i probably wont get any more records.

Blustery Day, i broke off the feet of the triangle plus the goo ball.

Burning Man, i pushed the structure through the hole.

Fisty's Bog, same as normal but broke off another piece from fistys mouth

Weather Vane, broke off the part you build

Simple.

Thanks of the tips, I'll try it out Smile

Any more hints on Blustery Day?
You say..."broke off the feet of the triangle"... any tips as to how? Puzzled

With a great deal of force. Big smile

So, why did you mark him as Cheater? :S

Dont know why my towers been taken off. My tower and the towers before it were fully legit. What proof do you need?
If you can’t tell if someone’s a cheater or not then you may as well scrap the leaderboards altogether.

Peter B wrote:
If you can’t tell if someone’s a cheater or not then you may as well scrap the leaderboards altogether.

Which is EXACTLY why the 2DBoy "Official" leaderboards were taken down over a year ago, and haven't come back.

The problem is (was)... as soon as the profile and level data formats were cracked, loads of people started cheating... which really annoyed the "legit" players.

Since then, if a new player arrives on the scene and claims more than a couple of new records without providing any "proof"... the assumption is they are cheating.
Profiles are not proof.. they can be editted.
Even Screenshots of the End screen are not proof, because you could have edited the level to make it easier or to make the "impossible" possible.

But all is not lost...
1) Your Tower
I have a way to prove whether you are cheating (or not).. if you send your pers2.dat file to {email address removed} I'll take a look.

2) Your Level records
The only way you're going to convince people now is with a video.... get FRAPS or something similar (ZD recorder works well for me)...
Take a good quality video (with sound) of you playing Blustery Day from start to finish (and getting 33 Goos or more), upload to youtube and post a link here. That'll go a LONG way to convincing people you're "on the level".

But until you do that... I'm afraid you're probably going to remain "a cheater"

@Peter B
We can always unmark you as a cheater if you provide a legit proof.

And if you cheated in levels scores then your whole profile is marked as a cheater, regardless if your tower is legit or not

James wrote:
So, why did you mark him as Cheater? :S

So try tu put all the balloons on the triangle, is that "a great deal of force"? Can you pull out the triangle of the 'sticky' suffice? Can you get all suckable goos (all except the balloons and an anchor?)

Well, I DID manage to make the goo-square look weird, but not de-tached.

I also learned that if you throw a balloon as hard as you can at the bottom right hand corner, it bounces around the screen really fast and may go off-screen. It was fun to watch! Tongue

Daft as Brush, I've sent you my pers2.dat file. I forgot to put a subject on.

Pavke, The triangle isn't stuck to the floor, its just held down by the anchor. The anchor doesn't move. And yes, all suckable goos are gettable.

For Blustery Day, how about I send you a video of the triangle in it's dismantled state, would that prove to you I did it.

Also, if its so easy to cheat then how come there aren't people on the leaderboard who have the maximum goo collectable as 1486.

Received the file... will let you know what my analysis shows...

Re: The video...
Again I'm afraid you'll need to do more than your suggesting.

You say "That would prove to you I did it"...
Actually all the would prove is you know how to edit a level.
If your video only shows the triangle "dsimantled"... we don't see that it was "built" in the first place.

I stand by what I said before... you need to show us everything from start to finish, and getting 33 Goos (or more)... should be easy if you've got 36 before!

If you HAVE done it without cheating... then you'll get more "props" for being the FIRST to do it... and showing everyone how clever / skillful you are, than you will from being the ONLY one who's done it... so every one thinks you're a cheat.

@Peter B
Did you do something like this?
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2434/sstart.jpg

There aren't any people on the leaderboards with 1486 because of us moderators. We keep the leaderboards clean

Brush, well, I haven't edited the level or downloaded WooGLE. I guess you'll just have to think I’m a cheat then. I presume you wouldn't want screenshots anymore.

Pavke, yes, like that, then break it up on the left wall.

So if someone got 1486 then you would want video proof for every level?

I did it in editor in 35sec with 6 mouse clicks.

I've just provided a false screenshot so it's not really a good method of proof.
If you can provide just a crucial 30sec video showing how it's done (any of your new scores will do) then for me you are really a master of WoG

Well, getting whole 1486 is impossible, no one has ever done it. And to think someone will just pop up with max score is just....
If someone got 1486 they will have to provide some proof IF their profile is suspicious, like 1486 goos can be get in 3 days of game play

EDIT: And one more thing. In 2 years since the World of Goo was released you are the first person that wont provide any proof(screenshot or video), doesn't that tell us something

Just in case your wondering, my profile says only 3 days because when i fail a level I bring up Task Manager and end the process, then re-launch the game.
This can be useful when building the last part of a tower, so if you fail there's no need to copy and paste the pers2 file all the time coz ending the process doesn't save the game.

EDIT: I thought you didn't want screenshots.

Really? Well, for me it does save, isn't that strange? (I've just ruined my tower foundation testing your method)

And you did it on every level score attempt just to save play time?

Did you end the process while looking at your tower in WOGC. Without pressing Exit. You dont have to actually look at the tower, the main thing is dont Exit.

It depends how long the level takes to complete. On a short level i'd have 3 or 4 goes.