New Max Goo records

111 replies [Last post]

Yes, i was in World of Goo Corporation, i detached one goo, tower started to fall, i hit alt+tab and change to task manager that was already running, hit the end process button. When I started WoG again, tower continued to fall...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Maybe the problem is the computer you have. I'm on Windows 7 so I press Ctrl + Shift + Esc

I'm using Windows 7, and it does not change a thing. Try another reason. Wink

Remember, its the Processes, not the Aplications.
I cant think why its not working for you, maybe it depends on the version of WoG you have.

Try it out on another program like Paint, it should never save when ending it.

Sorry, you are right, it was end task, not end process. end process seams to work

I not understand all what you are saying becouse im bad in English, you say that when i hit Ctr+Shift+Esc i have the same effect that when i hit Exit in WoG?

Im Goo!

No, clicking Exit saves the game. Ctr+Shift+Esc method is used when you dont want to save.
Bring up Task Manager (Ctr+Alt+Del or Ctr+Shift+Esc), click Processes, then end/delete WorldOfGoo.exe

Ok i understand now, thanks.
Now i dont have to restore the profile all the times Smile

Im Goo!

Well the results of my tests are in...

!!! Peter B you are a CHEATER !!!

Peter B wrote:
I haven't edited the level or downloaded WooGLE.

Really!...
So how did you add those support blocks to your WoG Corp level then?

To ALL

Will present my methods and evidence soon, but until then...

He has added several (5 or 6) blocks / platforms high up in the level so the Goos can sit on them. It also looks like these blocks might be sticky, so they also hold the tower straight and stop it falling over.

See this image.... http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2231/peterbcheat.png

Goos with a red circle are supported from below...
We expect to see this for Goos which are touching the floor... look at the bottom of the tower.
Now look from about halfway up towards the top.. we see 7 other Goos which are sitting on something solid.

Peter B... you, sir, are definitely a cheat. Angry ... Goodbye!

LIAR LIAR PLANTS FOR HIRE! er.. pants on fire!! You lied to the guiness world book of records! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS! Sad Somebody put up the *un-official* goofans SHUN! Tongue

Calm down James, the first two towers i beat Kamal with were legit, i'd send them to Brush if he wanted them.

Daft as Brush, i stand by everything i have said on this forum. Calling me a cheater is wrong. All i've done is take advantage of a small glitch in the game. Its not my fault no one else has found it.

If you are willing to not shun me, then i'll tell you how its done. Same goes for the goo records.
This glitch will change the face of the tower leaderboard when everyone knows about it, all towers will be 100+ metres high.

So do you want to know it?

I am willing not to shun you, but still, you should be fair when using the leader board system. At least the towers were legit for the guiness world book of records. Smile

OK, I hope my records will be official after this.

I'll tell you the glitch, but i'm leaving it up to you to work out how to use it properly for goo records.

If you click on a tower ball or balloon (when there attached to something) at around 15-20 times a second it causes it to float in the position it was. You can pull the floating ball around a bit but when you let go it flings back to where it was. Thats where the force comes from.

To click that fast you will need an automatic mouse clicker.

That's neat but using anything except a mouse, a monitor and WorldofGoo.exe/.app is also considered cheating.
If that wasn't so, I could use scripts, programs(I could right in in any language), robots.... and manipulate World of Goo in God know what ways...

But... nice bug you have there Smile

So what about my legit tower records? I've sent them to Daft as Brush for him to analyse.

A lot of people could start using that bug on their own towers. So you'd better set up an easy way of telling if the've used it.

I don't think the mods could delete uploaded profiles. If anyone still remember Enchanter's cheating, you'll know what I mean.

(Oh yeah, if anyone uses the bug with an automatic clicker, that would be considered cheating.)

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

This topic isn't over just yet, i need to know where i stand.
You havn't given me a cheaters badge, so i presume you've let me off this one time.

Can davidc delete the last 3 profiles i uploaded. That would allow you to unblock my towers from the leaderboard.

So, all we need now is Daft as Brush to confirm my first 2 towers were ligit.

I provide general info...
I don't think davidc would let you off easily on this one. AFAIK he has never deleted anyone's towers. Once you cheat, you cheat, and there's no way to go back.

The bug is new, no one had known about it before. I didnt consider it cheating when i used it. Its not like i'll use it again.

I'm sure he's deleted profiles before, hasn't he?

Well, I'm for letting you go on this one.

First, I must apologize for being so rude to you, you were cheating but not deliberately like I first thought(you weren't editing level and Corp.).

Exploiting bug in the game is allowed but only if you do it yourself, without the help of programs and other stuff, (witch you probably didn't know)

Yeah, Daft as Brush has confirmed that you previous towers are ok.

There is an option to "hide" your last two profiles, not to delete them, but since you broke your personal and world records your profile will always show a 55m record.

And there is another solution, but I'll rather wait for davidc and Daft as Brush to hear what do they have to say about this...

It would be best if they were deleted, then it wouldnt show up on this leaderboard:

http://goofans.com/leaderboard/player/all?sort=desc&order=Highest+Tower

It also affects the Balls Collected leaderboard.

http://goofans.com/leaderboard/player/all?sort=desc&order=Balls+Collected

Peter B wrote:
It would be best if they were deleted

Yes, it would be best, but there is no delete button, either cheater badge and all scores are automatically deleted or "hide" latest upload profile,(latest upload profile is invisible but records scores still stay visible)

Pavke wrote:

And there is another solution, but I'll rather wait for davidc and Daft as Brush to hear what do they have to say about this...

Hmm.... tough call....

I think my main problem is the "attitude"...
If you'd started out by saying "Hey guys... I think I've found a new bug!".... this would all have gone very differently.

But the fact you even thought try an automatic mouse-clicker, and found ways to break records and then tried to claim them, I think says a lot.

And even once we started to query the level records, you stuck to your guns saying that everything was "legit" but not wanting to say / show how you did it.

And only when we'd "proved" you were cheating.. did you come out and say "Hey guys... I've found a new bug!"....

I really believe you sent me your "cheat" tower because you thought I wouldn't be able find any problems and would say it was OK...
That was silly... eh? Wink

As Pavke mentioned, your first (other) 2 towers do seem to be "on the level"... but now we know what the bug is, and how you've been "cheating"... how can we trust that ANY of the level scores you've got are "legit"?

I shall ponder.

You make a lot of good points. But like I've said, I thought I wasn't cheating, thats why I had the "attitude" and didnt want to say how I'd done them.

The levels I "cheated" on are the only ones where the bug is useable. If i knew how to cheat properly i wouldnt have claimed any records. Especially not for ones like Flying Machine, Blustery Day & Burning Man.

I suppose you'll just have to be a bit optimistic and not think the worst of me.

EDIT: That middle bit might not of made sence. I wrote it late at night. Tired
What i meant was a cheat wouldnt want to attract attention to himself. Also i'd have more goo balls if i was a cheater. I put a lot of effort in to get my scores.

Pavke, what was the other solution?

Brush, has your pondering reached a conclusion?

Also, who was it who actually blocked my towers. If it was davidc, then he obviously knows about this topic, so why isn't he saying anything.

Because maybe it wasn't him.

I posted twice. Tongue Sorry!

I see your back now davidc. Before your decision, take into consideration that when i used the glitch I never thought of it as cheating. I just thought i'd found a new way of setting records.

This is starting to become a one-sided conversation of pleading...