New Max Goo records

111 replies [Last post]

Does anyone have anything left to say on this topic? Yes or no!!! (not you GMMan)

Other than don't cheat again, I think you should just wait for a mod like Davidc or DaB to respond. YOU GOTTA BE PATIANT! Tongue

THAT'S NOT PATIANT! Tongue (and that post may or may not be deleted)

Oh, I see...

Second option is that you create a new goofans account("Peter C") and upload only you legit towers. Peter B account must remained marked as a cheater so that his scores remain invisible from public leaderboards.

After discussing this with Daft as Brush we agreed to let you do this.
You didn't actually cheated,(edited levels and data files) but you exploited bug in a wrong way so that it's not so bad.

So, go ahead and create a new goofasn acc. upload only your bugfree towers, and remember - bugs are ok only when you use them without any help from other programs - World of Goo.exe only!! Wink

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Thats great.

I doubt anyone is fast enough to use the bug.

Hey Brush/Pavke, when i try to Publish my first few profiles using Goo Tool, it brings up the message:

Unable to publish your profile: Sorry, this profile is claimed by another GooFans user

This http://goofans.com/leaderboard/upload doesnt work either

You might need a new profile ID. You can either manually edit it (decrypt then change) or create a new WoG profile. Though if you do manually edit, we may think that you are cheating again Wink

(And bumping posts when it's usually at the top of the list isn't being patient. As ranking on the importance scale, it's "average importance.")

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Can i send a few profiles to anyone so they can do it, so i'm not cheating.

I wouldnt want to create another profile and lose all my scores

It might be easier if davidc just deleted the old account. How hard can it be.

@Peter B.
wow, this is unexpected. I have to consult with DaB and davidc.
And like GMMAn said, bumping posts isn't being patient. I'll get back to you. Wink

Daft as Brush wrote:
Well the results of my tests are in...

!!! Peter B you are a CHEATER !!!

Peter B wrote:
I haven't edited the level or downloaded WooGLE.

Really!...
So how did you add those support blocks to your WoG Corp level then?

To ALL

Will present my methods and evidence soon, but until then...

He has added several (5 or 6) blocks / platforms high up in the level so the Goos can sit on them. It also looks like these blocks might be sticky, so they also hold the tower straight and stop it falling over.

See this image.... http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2231/peterbcheat.png

Goos with a red circle are supported from below...
We expect to see this for Goos which are touching the floor... look at the bottom of the tower.
Now look from about halfway up towards the top.. we see 7 other Goos which are sitting on something solid.

Peter B... you, sir, are definitely a cheat. Angry ... Goodbye!

so that is why I never managed to remove some of the Goo balls from the middle-bottom of my .kamal tower like peter did in his ~52m tower. it always collapses immediately even when I tried it on my stable 40m version!

Peter, you must have a very stable 40m tower before you sprint up to 50+ like this one
http://goofans.com/leaderboard/profile/79a32ab84afd3bd95c0357c6f2474f84

I wonder how stable your tower is at 40m without exploiting the bug Wink
specially with the holes you made at the middle-bottom of your tower.

Goo Towers Architect.
Beat me if you can!

I was wondering when you'd show up. As you know, my first two towers are legit.
When i remove goo balls mine doesn't collapse. My 40m tower is stable enough, even with the holes in it. I only discovered the bug after i'd already beaten yours twice. I hope you dont start using it.

Have you not been able to get any higher than 50.8 yet? I suppose i'm just a better architect than you. I dont mean to boast, but, I reach 47,8&9s quite easily. I'd say i've beaten your tower at least 10 times already. (without the bug)

Peter B. wrote:
I suppose i'm just a better architect than you

LOL
really!, by replicating my original tower design!
anyway, .kamal is more symetrical than your 52m tower and yet it was not possible to detach a single goo ball from the middle of the tower as u did, even at lower hights.
so your 52m tower is FISHY at best.

if it is not for the bug, then there must be something else that we do not know about, just like when we did not know about the bug.

Goo Towers Architect.
Beat me if you can!

OK then, your the better architect. But i still beat you. If by 52 you mean my third tower (51.9), i used the bug on that.

There is nothing else you dont know about.

I bet if i had your tower i could remove goo and keep it stable.

Hey, any mod then, how do you put pics on a post like you did on that 1000,000 topic? Also, any idea how long it'll take to sort out the problem.

no, I meant your first two towers.
Daft as Brush, I suggest you have a look at one of his first two towers when they were at ~40m. can they hold up still with those holes in the middle?
run the profile in game and check it out.

and Peter, be my guest (and the admins) to remove a single goo ball from my .kamal tower at 40m that Davidc sent me earlier from here. it did not work even when I lowered it to ~35m
http://goofans.com/forum/world-of-goo/general-discussion/1346

it is my design and I know the limitations. it is just not possible.

Goo Towers Architect.
Beat me if you can!

Kamal, you say it like DaB has all my profiles. I would have to send him it. If he wants it he can ask for it.
I dont have any of your profiles so i cant do anything. You would have to email it to me.
When you say it collapses, do you mean it just falls over sideways, that just means your not good at balancing it. Anyway, the blocks that run up the middle are done differently on mine, there not as wide.

Where to begin....
@Kamal
Hi! I'd really like to get hold of the data from your tower...so I can compare directly with Peter's (and others)...
If you're willing please send the pers2.dat to wogfan@hotmail.co.uk

@Peter
Not sure how long it will take. I don't seem to have the access required to actually do anything about your profile... and I don't know enough about how the system works to advise you if there's a way "around" the problem.
davidc's "the man".... we'll have to wait for him to re-appear.

About the tower and the holes.
Have run the slightly shorter towers in the game, and the collapse does look "good". I'm actually quite impressed with how well that bottom half stands up during the collapse.
I've got a video of it... I'll edit it and post it soon...

In theory though... I do have an explaination why Peter's holds up, but Kamal's collapses when the balls are removed.
I think it's about WHEN they are removed.
If they're removed right at the end just to get a few more balls for "the rush"... then I can see that the "shock" on the tower when you detach them could make it fall.
However, if they were removed much earlier in the process, like when the tower was only 20m or something, then I can see that the strands around the holes could slowly adjust to the extra forces as you build... then there's no sudden change at the end when the tower is really tall and unstable.
That's just a guess though...
but you'll see from the vid, that bottom section really gets a good "pounding" as the tower is coming down, but it holds up like a trooper... even with the holes.

Vid #1
As much of the tower as I can show, as it collapses

Vid #2
Just watching the bottom.. and the holes.. as the rest of the tower comes down.

I've just removed 6 balls from the bottom when the tower was at 37, and it didn't affect it much. It must be the way he's built it.

@DaB, with Kamal's permission, maybe you could pass a copy of his profile on to me, to see what i can do with it.

oh!, was not expecting that at all. very intresting!!!

DaB, how did u get a "view/zoom out" of the tower in game?

Goo Towers Architect.
Beat me if you can!

@kamal
@ Daft as Brush
You CHEATER!!! You have edited WoG Corporation in Woogle! Tongue Smile

And I agree with your assumption, yeah, WHEN they are removed is key factor.
I can confirm it, when I was building something "similar" I noticed the same.

If the balls are removed at the end, support towers just cant handle extra weight at once and they collapse, but if the balls are removed gradually somehow is hold up.
And you'll be surprised how much it can hold, much more the Peter Bs tower Wink

Well Kamal, have you managed to remove any goo without it collapsing?

Also, yesterday i set a new record. So your target to beat now is 52.00

no
I should be trying to break 52 with a new design.
I just need to get back into the mood with some free time!
enjoy being #1 for now Tongue hehe

Goo Towers Architect.
Beat me if you can!

I hope your new design works and you do beat me. Then i can copy it and go even higher. Laughing out loud

It's been a while since I've seen towers competitions. Now if I could get back to playing WoG I might try something. The pyramid works until you start getting lazy, and it only managed to reach 30m for me.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

at last, I managed to make holes in my .kamal tower
here is how it looks like now
http://goofans.com/sites/default/files/gooprofile/0/0/0065b9c2fc11eff621...

I should be able to free 18 balls for the final sprint up Wink
that would give me 52+

Goo Towers Architect.
Beat me if you can!

Hey Peter, where is your new tower.
I want to see your 52m in the leaderboard!!!

Goo Towers Architect.
Beat me if you can!

I cant upload any yet until davidc sorts out the problem. (read above, 9th post down)

Update: I've just done a 52.972

Its ok now, i figured out how to change the ID. I changed one of the numbers at the end. I'll do the same on all the profiles i upload.

I hope you'll allow me to do this without labelling me a cheater. It seemed like no one else was going to do anything.

Don't change your ID, davidc just got back, he is willing to delete your unwanted scores. He just need a little time to fix this upload problem.