Its been a while

22 replies [Last post]

Hey guys, Almost 2 years im not play wog or check this site is this site still active and where are you people ?

Hey there!

In case you're wondering, the site's fading away slowly. New addins and new fourm topics are somewhat rare, and spam's pretty much gone.

As for the users, more seem to leave then join. That is, the actual people. Some users do nothing.

I made goomods.

Dying forms are sad Sad

sucksatgames wrote:
Dying forms are sad Sad

True...

Also, you're not spam, right? If not, welcome to goofans!

I made goomods.

I'm not spam. I just thought of world of goo that I used to play on the Wii a long time ago. I looked it up to see what it cost to get it on PC and ended up here. I have a morbid fascination with old forms and saw your post. I decided I had to reply so I made an account. Who owns this website? Someone somewhere is still paying for serverspace or stil running an old server in their basement somewhere.

Thank you for welcoming me. It's a shame you seem to be the last one here. Since 2011, that's a long time ago.

It makes me sad to think the places I post now might be like this six years from now.

I'm going to see if I can find out who runs this place.

What I find to be one of the saddest things is that it's not even properly possible to submit new records to leaderboards since they're defunct, and it's not possible to register GooTool on the site for the purpose of uploading profiles anymore...

The way that the community around this game developed somewhat doomed this game on the records front as well - level time improvements are only measured down to a second, gooballs and moves are both discrete and finite, and nobody does, say, speedruns of the whole game, which is something I might do if anybody else had interest.

It's been almost a decade now since the game came out though, and not every indie game gets the chance to have had a community around it active for so long, so in someways it's fortunate things lasted as long as they did. But I would certainly be very happy to see some new life breathed into this old community.

Speaking of which, I found a trick a while back (no idea how long ago) and I was going to make a level requiring it (but not obviously so); however I don't think that I'm going to have time to finish such a project in the near future (and I've held on to the trick long enough already), so I'll try and post a video and explanation tonight when I have access to my desktop computer.

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

There are still active Goofans here, and I am one of the only active moderators here, still keeping this site alive by publishing levels that Goofans submit. Me and a few other Goofans are currently working on a WOG Fan Expansion project, in hopes of somewhat bringing the community back to life

In case you were wondering as to why I'm here since 2011, I joined young, so as of now, I'm not caught up in college/university/jobs. It's a nice freedom.

Anyway, It's nice seeing new users. It's what really keeps the site alive, because if there weren't any new users, the pre-existing ones would just die off. Fresh levels are also awesome. The recent levels section is a little empty nowadays.

If you're wondering who made this site, take a look at this: http://goofans.com/user/davidc

I made goomods.

um are were going to make world of goo 2 or what http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/public-discussion/21864

i just found out this DONT LEAVE

Deku wrote:
nobody does, say, speedruns of the whole game, which is something I might do if anybody else had interest.

I might start playing WoG again and would at least like to beat ridd3r's run before I completely quit. I would also like WoG to have it's own page on speedrun.com with different categories (such as Any% or OCD% etc). I've been watching speedruns of different games and it saddens me that there is no page for WoG on speedrun.com as it may possibly gain interest of speedrunners of other games.

My Profile

just remembered of this site right now, its been 6 years since i last logged in

_Gooball_Collector_

naveed_rizvi wrote:
I would also like WoG to have it's own page on speedrun.com with different categories (such as Any% or OCD% etc).

Certainly. I'd expect to see Any% and OCD categories, as well as maybe "no physics abuse" versions of those (ie. no kicking a line to the pipe [except for maybe HTIC] or sending goos through walls). When I've got the time, I plan to get back into speedrunning the two other games I've been involved with, and think I'll be adding WoG to that list now too Laughing out loud

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

GooWhua wrote:
Here we see, the hypocrite

I now go by StrixToxis.

Toxic Goo wrote:
GooWhua wrote:

so code red is code ded? I hope not, it looked cool.

I made goomods.

Well, he hasn't been working on it lately, or at all. Whenever I am at school I always tell him to continue working on it but he refuses, and when I say that he left code red he says he didn't. So I am really confused

I now go by StrixToxis.

Toxic Goo wrote:
GooWhua wrote:

Here we see the false being, spreading fake news

GooWhua wrote:
Toxic Goo wrote:
GooWhua wrote:

Here, we see the average commenter, necroposting a topic

I made goomods.

say toxic goo can you make a wix website called world of goo Lost In Paradise plz

gooey goo wrote:
GooWhua wrote:
Toxic Goo wrote:
GooWhua wrote:

Here we see, inception

I now go by StrixToxis.

daxperrin wrote:
say toxic goo can you make a wix website called world of goo Lost In Paradise plz

Maybe

I now go by StrixToxis.

Toxic Goo wrote:
gooey goo wrote:
GooWhua wrote:
Toxic Goo wrote:
GooWhua wrote:

Here we see, inception