Different versions of WOG

5 replies [Last post]

I'm confused about the different versions of WOG. The one on Amazon is released in 2008 and the one on Xbox.com is released on Dec 2009
http://www.amazon.com/World-Goo-Pc/dp/B001ENOVP2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/World-of-Goo/66acd000-77fe-100...

Please make it clear for me which one is newer? As i can see on Wikipedia the latest version for Windows is 1.3

The only reason that they have different release dates is that they are on different consoles, and so were developed and released at different times. The one on Amazon is for PC, while the other is for XBox.
Other than that, they should me more or less identical (apart from a few console-specific differences). That is, the newer XBox version isn't necessarily better than the PC version.

The 1.3 version is actually a patch that (as far as I know) doesn't come with the original game, and you will have to download here. It's necessary if you want to use WooGLE, and just better to have overall.

EDIT: Albino Pokey already answered it much better here. In the future please don't post two of the same thread, it's annoying.

No No No the one on Xbox.com is for PC. be careful. and when i click on the link you gave me it gives this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@worldofgoo.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.worldofgoo.com Port 80

Yeah, that's what I got, so I assumed it was for XBox.

Anyway, this thread is pointless due to the other one with Albino Pokey's answer. MOM4Evr, can you close this?

yeah but before i close it, do you get the same error?

No I do not. And topic closed. You can continue posting on the other one if you have more questions. Smile