Solution for dealing with problems members make

4 replies [Last post]

I've seen people (Including me - in both - doing annoying things and get annoyed about them) making troubles like posting bad words, not following rules and so on. There is a way of dealing with it: Banning - people should be banned from posting in forums and comments on the addin pages (Not the Web chat) for not following the rules. Banning could be only made by mods but people could report people to them if they break the rules. Here is some example of banning:

Member Wikigoo-4evr has been banned for a day: Reason - flood

So what do you think?

By the way I think there should be these things listed in the goofans:

*Competitions
*Polls in forums
*Banning

I had some ideas of why people could be banned:

*Flood
*Posting only one or two unnecessary words (In forums)
*Being off topic
*Using inappropriate language (Swearing, name calling...)
*Complaining about mods' job
*Making spams (In addins and making spam topics in forum)
*Uploading the same addin/s or the same looking addin/s several times on purpose (Even knowing that it's not going to be published)
*Making copyrights in made addin/s

Not really that much of an issue -- we also can only megaban, not ban someone from posting one day or anything of the sort.

Just follow the rules puggsoy already posted and you should be fine. No need to add to the list unless something really important isn't on there.

Well, if DavidC ever wants to allow us to, we might consider temp banning certain members if things get out of hand. But that would be in rare cases and only temporary (unless they persist).

In any case just follow the rules as MOM said. We can delete any posts that need to be deleted but for now banning members isn't necessary.

Well there are over thousand people here and about 100 including us are going and posting in forums and in addin pages. Some people like newbies are really annoying and doesn't know the rules and have a despicable behavior. Even tho there wouldn't be many times to bann this could be in an emergency situations. But what about polls? Don't you want to vote for some other peoples' ideas? And what about competitions we discussed before? goofans would be more interesting with them - Tanki online has loads of competitions and loads of new stuff which makes people join - there are now over 10 million players in the game so if you want to have these millions of users in goofans then make more advertisements, competitions, polls and make the rules more strict - as far as I know davidc doesn't really care about this web site anymore so you mods should take the care of it as you can and as far as your moderation allows you.

Nah, not needed. We have rules already, and banning people who disobey them would just be rude and uncalled for. That'd be a great way to drive people off- act like jerks. As it is, people are free to do mostly everything they want, and if they disobey a rule, we politely ask them like adults to not do so, rather than spanking them like little kids. And the only annoying people we've had on here are just annoying personalities, rather than people who don't listen.

As for polls and such, what would you poll about? There isn't enough demand for that sort of thing for it to be worth davidc's time to implement. He has enough stuff on his plate as it is.

The difference between World of Goo and Tanki Online is that Tanki is an online game, which means you pretty much have to join a forum in order to play the game in the first place, hence the millions of forum members. I personally wouldn't like a forum with so many people in it, since you don't really get to know people personally.