Wogfan - Channel Discussion

45 replies [Last post]

Hi,

This topic is for the discussion of the wogfan channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wogfan

Channel Description
1. To make OCD videos of all fan made levels.
2. To complete OCD videos
3. To get/make all new starts that wogfan didn't record.

Content Providers
Pavke (Owner)
LTumbleweed

I'm asking everyone with WoG videos to come and join wogfans channel's makeover. Post your ideas of what we should do here.

I was thinking:
1. to make OCD videos of all fan made levels.
2. to complete OCD videos
3. to get/make all new starts that wogfan didn't record.

The reason that I plan to use the wogfans account is that it already has much popularity on youtube.

Anyone who wants to help is more than welcome! Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

i fixed a couple of spelling mistakes, pavke. Wink

but i don't know what you mean by "3. to get/make all new starts that wogfan didn't record."

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Well, if you already fixed some...

Anyone who wants to help is more then welcome!

Hint: "than" Tongue

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Well, ok, i habe an excuse: i'm German. Laughing out loud

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

I'm so ashamed. Sad I'm tipping in a hurry

@XDboy

by "3. to get/make all new starts that wogfan didn't record." I'm talking about, Tower of Goo 100, OtBB 58, new bugs... all crazy staff that has been "invented" after wogfan stopped recording videos.

i see. you're talking about new levels.
and wogfan was another user, and now you've taken his channel?

thB
thB's picture

Nothing to be ashamed of, Pavke. My English is far from being perfect, too. Smile
About the topic: Sounds like some good ideas. I'm thinking about contributing, but I'll decide later.

Edit: Yes, XDboy. wogfan was one of the first YouTube users to build a bigger user base among WoG fans.

It would also be cool if we could get the least moves and least time for each level. Also if there are going to be multiple uploaders maybe we should devise a standard for video title and description.

For example the video name,

World Of Goo: Going Up OCD (11)
World Of Goo - Going Up - 11 - OCD

Also what about video quality. HQ or HD etc.

thB
thB's picture

What about distinction between OCD/maxed?

maybe like this:

World of Goo: Alice and Bob and the Third Party MAXED OCD (X Balls/Moves/Seconds) [HD]

longcat gets competition: looooongtitle

oh wait, what about custom levels?

World of Goo (fan level) Fly Her to the Moon MAXED OCD (0 Moves) [HD]
or (mod)

I don't really see the point in using this channel. Upload old videos on this channel will only decrease our own Youtube channel.

Maybe we can link the channel(s ) of where the video is from in description but I still don't think it's a good idea.

But upload video of all customs levels in the same channel seems to be cool. How do you think the video will be uploaded ? Shall we send our videos to someone with a good bandwidth so he'll upload quickly (Pavke?) or will we all (only the ones we trust...) get the password to upload ourself (not very safe but...) ?

thB
thB's picture

Good point, Kopa. Pavke already stated once that he doesn't have that much bandwidth (iirc)...

Rather than uploading our old videos onto the channel we could create a playlist on wogfans for max goos, least moves etc... And then upload the custom levels to the wogfans channel. Personally I dont mind either way.

Yeah, we could link our channels and make playlists. Any idea is good, just want to refresh wogfan channel.

@Kopa

Yes, it will decrease our video views but, wogfans channel get an average 1200 viwes a day, some days 2000 views, even 8 months after his last videos, mine get less the 40(I assume yours, LTumbleweed, and thb don't get more then a 100 ). So even if we upload all new videos and stuff it wouldn't get much exposure.

Don't worry the bandwidth thb... I can download/upload a 100MB file in 10 sec at my faculty.

hmm,maybe in the video description there schould be written who made this video?

Crazeh man!

Speak for yourself Pavke, according to insight my channel gets around 500-800 views a day lol But truthfully its not really for WOG.

I've been thinking about this and I would rather put my wog videos on the wogfan channel from now on. It makes sense if wogfan gets more views.

I have a Genetic Sorting Machine 1 Move vid I would like to put on wogfan as a tester. How do you want to handle it.

can I have your email?

I just added Genetic Sorting Machine 1 Move OCD. I kept the video description and title the same as wogfan did.

Do you guys think we should do a video to announce the change on wogfan? Also I've just uploaded impale sticky 50, 7 move ocd.

LTumbleweed wrote:
Do you guys think we should do a video to announce the change on wogfan?

yes Cool

Smile85000 on new wogfan video wrote:
Lol good work i had forgotten all about this game.

That's what I'm talking about!!! Laughing out loud Bringing players back to WoG!!!

Hell yeah, I think it's gone good. 100 views in under 24 hours and lots of positive comments and ratings. I've just uploaded a possible introduction video to wogfan, tell me what you guys think or even if you had something else it mind it doesnt matter. Its on my channel at the moment, i also make any changes you guys would like.

I'd like to do something like Kopa does in his throws compilations video, thats so cool Smile

Cool! Like it very much! 9/10 it would be little better if you could animate either letters or background. If you don't know how to do it, don't bother. Smile

Kopas help would be appreciated. Smile

I'm now using my old desktop computer witch can record sound and can do better quality videos. You can expect my (fan made level) videos in a week of two.

Its on wogfan but as a private video, much better.

How it's just too cool!! Smile Awesome work!

So, what do you do with the channel ? I saw you (Pavke & LTumbleweed I guess) started to upload videos. Do you plan to continue to upload this way for all the levels ?

And do you need some of my videos that you don't have yourself ?

EDIT : I like the introduction video!

Kopa, check you email.

Hi Goo fans !
I've a video for 3-08 You Have To Explode The Head, OCD with 70 balls (I'm quite proud of it !).
How can I contribute to the YouTube Channel and add my video ?

Oh thanks Serge for the effort but 87 balls is common score to get it that level. See

. And a video of 95 goo balls will be made. Keep trying tho. See http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1281.0.html for max goo records.