Chapter Addins

46 replies [Last post]

In res/islands are island1.xml through island5.xml. These, I think, are what actually launch the levels and create level dependencies (have to defeat Hang Low before Impale Sticky). I think that because of the way it's set up, you can't add any more island(n).xml to this folder and have them appear correctly in the game. I think.
Anyhow, for the WOG 2 project, you maybe could override everything (every island.xml) to add all your levels in correctly, and make sure all the levels are named properly to prevent anyone's pers2.dat from getting corrupted (and thus getting the cheater badge without deserving it).
Make any sense? Smile

yes, i knew that earlier - i was trying to make my own island, so i analysed every decrypted .bin file in WoG subfolders. Tongue
in islands bin files there are, as mom4ever said, level dependencies and is written where is every movie in the game.

Before coming to any conclusions, please allow me to experiment with this a little. As I said before, it SHOULD be possible to add a new chapter to the game. If anything happens, I'll let you know.

Okay, good luck! Smile

good luck, anyway, i don't believe that you will do this, i tried, some people tried too and failed

I BELIEVE!!! (kinda, but best of hopes Smile )

I didn't created a chapter addin yet, but thanks for helping me how to create one. Anyway, I decrypted the 5 island.xml at the islands folder to see how the chapter is made.

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015

Hmm... I used Chapter 1 for sampling from...

WHATEVER! Wink

hmm i think its possible to add a level button to chapter 1 and that level is wog2 and you can add chapters (1-5)to that wog2

panhaloom: Yep, that's the idea. We'll have to let Enchanter49 do it and see what he can come up with. Wink

sorry for bring old post but,,,

Enchanter49 wrote:
The only way you can get a cheater badge is...

)if you are logged into goofans through gootool + if you have edited wogc

in game or wogcorp?

Spongebob rulez too Crown Crown Crown Crown

Back

Both. So don't be a cheater! Tongue

oops Tongue i arleady cheater with beauty & ugly ball to dragable Tongue

Spongebob rulez too Crown Crown Crown Crown

Back

I might try this out. For making a chapter may seem impossible at the moment, we still can do it (maybe). When you make the chapter "level", just set the completion to the one where you have to get rid of all dynamic geometry (just make sure to have one dynamic geometry like a spinning gear or block) and the game probably wont crash and you can enter your levels by clicking the level buttons. And it is probably a lot easier to make an image of another small planet with your chapter on it so that you dont have to go through the tedious task of shrinking the images. And I said IMAGE of a small planet so you dont have to make it gravity. Try this out for yourself it just might work. GOOd luck with that!!!

I'm playing Minecraft. My username is theMineMaster2. If you want to see my Cartoony mods updated, then be a Mac user and find a image editing program that isn't confusing for me Smile

Oh yes and no cheater talk one topic got locked because of that

I'm playing Minecraft. My username is theMineMaster2. If you want to see my Cartoony mods updated, then be a Mac user and find a image editing program that isn't confusing for me Smile

I think I found a way to make it work as a goomod--ie not causing problems with the other LEVEL addins. Here's what you have to do:

-Create your own map level, and name it something like "island1a"
-edit res/images/levelimages/islandicon1, res/levels/MapWorldView/ii_c1_up (and ii_c1_over)
-put your levels in res/islands/island1.xml.bin
AND NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT PART:
In the island1.xml.bin, change the MAP property of the root to "island1a"
When you disable the addin it just changes that property back to "island1", and when one overrides another it also changes that property. That way there aren't merge problems with the island1 level.

I'm using this technique with World of Goo: Another Planet. I'll probably make an example chapter addin with Far Lands or Time for Real to see if it works right.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.