Help options?

4 replies [Last post]

To edit wog levels ,I use wog editor I made a backup wog so I can work on it but when I try to save over my selected level it says I can't save over it.So how can I directly save my levels? Also I always have to open/save levels in the wog directory.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Ok, it says that you can't save over the level because you're editing an existing WOG level. To save your level, you first need to clone an existing level (Using the button in the toolbar) and then give it a new name. WOG Editor makes you unable to change old levels just so you can't cheat. Wink (not that you would want to anyway, it would just give you a cheater badge in the forum)

"You have to open/save levels in the WOG directory": Uh, you mean that you have to open/save levels in your original WOG installation, not your backup? Or do you just mean that you have to open/save levels as they are named in the WOG folders? This second scenario is normal.

Firstly I'm not that stupid and I meant when I create a level and save it, I can't save it a second time. so I have to make 4 or 5 just for one level. And this is exactly what I mean:

Or do you just mean that you have to open/save levels as they are named in the WOG folders

You say "I can't save it a second time"...
Does it give you an error or a message saying why?

There is an annoying bug which I'm trying to track down where it incorrectly shows you the "can't save this level because it's an original WoG level" message.

This happens if you open an original level, and your level, then try to save your level.
However if you just OK the message, and then hit save again... it should save OK!

I've analysed the problem and it seems that every time I use resources from other levels WoG editor thinks its an original level.Can someone try to fix this?