Portal level.

10 replies [Last post]

Hey! Its Gooflamer here, and i have an idea for a goomod level! Well, I'm thinking of making it into a series of levels, in a new chapter(over writeing chapter 2)That looks like apature science's testing ficility. The only problem is... that I SUCK at making goomods. So mabey someone can teach me how to over write chapters like the person who made the World of goo 2 demo. So... fingers crosed that Someone will teach me how to do that so that I can set my plan into action! I could seperate it into 21 levels(Becuase some test chambers may take more than one level to explain). This is Gooflamer, signing out.

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

You too? *Sigh*...
davidc and DaB: We REALLY need some kind of guidelines for chapter addins!
Gooflamer: Yep, new chapters are really cool, but a bit hard to make. I'd recommend starting out by making a few levels first, since that requires little or no xml tweaking/changing. Making a new chapter requires a bunch of file arranging, xml and xsl "programming", and you really need to know what you're doing.

Not to shoot anything down, but if you want to make a new chapter addin, take a look at what Albino Pokey did for his mod, and do your best to figure out what he did and why, and know how to change it. We'll be glad to answer any questions you have in the process.

@MOM4Evr
When you say "guidelines".. are you thinking ... instructions, or some more along the lines of "Just because you can..."

I only ask 'cos...
http://goofans.com/developers/world-of-goo-level-editor/reference-guide/...

Wow. I really do need to think through what I'm trying to say before I start typing...

What I meant was:
1. Maybe some kind of special "chapter addin" specification for GooTool, and GooTool could stick all levels in Chapter 1 and you could be free to overwrite any other chapters you wanted...or maybe some kind of smart capability in GooTool to determine "oh, there's already 2 chapter addins installed, let me stick this mod in chapter 4..." But that would be a bit tricky to implement, with the chapter buttons in MapWorldView and all.

2. Some kind of Example mod to show people how to make chapter addins, like we have for making goomods. I should actually just quit complaining and make one myself, but maybe this would enable people to create too many chapter mods, and we'd be flooded with mods that overwrite different chapters, and aren't compatible with each other?

In any case, if people are going to make a lot of chapter addins, we should have a "Chapter" addin category here on Goofans, or something of the sort.

I can help you with changing the AP xsl for your chapter, as well as making the goomod...you can also read a few of these comments. WoG:AP Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Well, like I said I SUCK at makeing goomods. So you may see my portal levels some time in 2011. Oh, and the new WoG beanies RULE!

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

Well, if you want any help...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I will tell you if I need help. becides, I Watch a TON of online videos. I am currently watching Yugioh the albridged series.

Profile pic from Ne

oh...kay...um... Puzzled

Sorry about saying that.

Profile pic from Ne

I lol'd. Wink