Msg to Tacomann13 and Albino Pokey re: "Wog2" phrasing...

5 replies [Last post]

Tacomann13 wrote:

Tacomann13 Says:
November 29th, 2010 at 12:29 am
I like the IDEA of WoG2
If 2DBoy mentioned this earlier than I wouldve changed the name of my mod, ‘TM13′s WoG2′

sorry Kyle and Ron

(on the 2DBoy site)
Um... as has been discussed before (here: http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/public-discussion/1787), Ron directly emailed Enchanter about this very topic.

It's never too late to change the name of your mod, as it is a mod. If you are contacted by 2DBoy and asked to change your name, you are legally obligated to change it.

I think what Ron told Enchanter applies here, as well.

Ron Carmel wrote:

we are very much in favor of fan created content, but we need you to follow some basic guidelines. first, PLEASE DO NOT call it world of goo 2, wog2, or anything that people can confuse with the game that we created. "world of goo fan mod" for example, would be fine.

So, my advice is follows:
"TM13's WOG 2" and "World of Goo: Another Planet" both fall under the category of "anything that people can confuse with the game that we created", in my opinion. I just would like to recommend both of you rename your projects so that we don't cause any confusion or cause Ron and Kyle any unneeded stress. A simple addition to name them "TM13's WOG 2 Mod" and "World of Goo: Another Planet Mod" would, I think, be fine.

It could be that I'm overreacting here, but I was just concerned about potential conflict. If 2DBoy does end up making a WOG2, renaming your guys' mods would be a must.

"Another Planet" is a special code:
Another Planet => AP => Albino Pokey

But TM's WOG2 should be named, for example:
"Taccomann13's version of Goo's World"

Yeah, I realize the AP connection. But simply calling it "Another Planet" could result in the kind of confusion that Ron wanted to avoid. It just sounds too much like the name of a real sequel.

EDIT: TM was contacted by Kyle, and renamed his. I think it would be a good idea if you made your mod page a little more explicit too, AP. Thanks!

Sure.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Ok, thanks! That makes me feel better. Smile

Done!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.