"Profile Changer" program?

28 replies [Last post]

Since there are getting to be more mods that are "total conversions" I was thinking it would be useful to have a program that switched between profiles for you. For example, when you played normal World of Goo, it used the normal pers2.dat. When you wanted to use Another Planet, it renames pers2.dat to pers2n.dat and a new file, pers2a.dat, to pers2.dat for the game to use, and the same for FL, TfR, HD, and TM. Do you think this is a good idea?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It's good idea. It will be good feature to Goo Tool (but possible probably in version 2.Innocent if davidc agree with it.

I could probably make it in Java or Bat, but it would be better as part of GooTool.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Indeed it would. Also, maybe there should be an extra type in Goomod 1.2, "world". So, when you compile a "total" conversion into a goomod, the "type" tag in addin.xml looks like this:

<type>world</type>

This way, GooTool will be able to 1) make a new profile for each WoG expansion and 2) make sure that no 2 Worlds are installed at the same time (which would cause problems).

What d'you guys think?

Yes. Good point. world addin can also use some special tags in manifest, that can help defining island-icons, level-names, island-names and...

I made one temporarily until someone puts it in goo tool, here it is! http://www.box.net/shared/g7dbiqhdfo

Uh....what do I put in here?...

Great! It looks good. Mind if I build off it?

Go ahead man. I love to see improvements to stuff I make!

That is so much better than my old piece of garbage. Good job!

Thanks. If you edit it or add more, could you post it back on this thread?

Sure. I see a few edits I could add. Maybe we should upload it as an addin?

DavidC would have to approve it, but sure! I'll create a page for it.

EDIT: Created.

Darn you! I wanted the addin author badge! Ah well. It was mostly your work anyway.

PS: I am not really mad Tongue

You should get it when it's published. I listed you as author.

Right now it's a basic goomod that sticks the batch in WorldOfGoo/firegoo/firegoo.bat.

Ah, thank you so much. Will people be able to find the bat if it's hidden like that?

Hopefully.

Hey guys, do you mind if i made a gui program for this?

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

That'd be cool, at least until davidc can implement it in GooTool.

Go ahead!

Pavke wrote:
Hey guys, do you mind if i made a gui program for this?

Blast! I was already making it! Tongue

Excellent, i've just updated firegoo! You can now see what profiles you have, what their names are, you only type your computer account name once, and you can now delete profiles! YAY Here's the download link. http://www.box.net/shared/jl4gopte05

Nick Faro wrote:
Excellent, i've just updated firegoo! You can now see what profiles you have, what their names are, you only type your computer account name once, and you can now delete profiles! YAY Here's the download link. http://www.box.net/shared/jl4gopte05

You know there's an easier way? Instead of "MYNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo" you can just use "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo". The batch file will find it without unnecessary strings. Tongue

I'll nearly finished, probably I'll upload it today...

EDIT: Finished! Waiting for davidc to approve it.

EDIT2: Its live

SO MANY EDITS!!! Laughing out loud
Ha I'll try it later, and nice fake list items. Wink

Fake list items? The profiles are acutally listed...?

Um no, I meant the "Fan Expansion" one. Tongue Oh wait now I realize that those are profile names. :Cool

Yeah, they are fake just to fill the empty space for the screenshot Smile

Ha I knew it. Tongue