I Can Help With Music For Mods!!

17 replies [Last post]

Hi everyone! Not sure if this belongs here but: I am a music composer and can help write new music for levels and total conversion mods. Just outline what your level description is before it is goomodded and e-mail me. (Please ask in forum for my e-mail) I will e-mail back to you what I come up with in an mp3 or wav format for you to listen to. You can let me know if you want changes or something different and I can probably fix it too. If you need me to, I can also convert the files to ogg format... (I think. If i can get my converter to work I haven't used it in a while)

Let me know if you'd like some new aproaches to game music!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Hm, I might have a request some time. Maybe not for a goomod, but my Flash game I'm making might need some music. Although it won't be WoG style.

Ok Red, I haven't ever checked out the goofans game forum section and there's way too many forums to read there so could you give me some ideas as to what to write the music to? Also for anyone else interested I compose my music with actual notes in Finale 2011 which plays back and can save MIDI playbacks of the notes I writeso if you want music without having to play it and have it sound as close to an orchestra as possible then I can do that! But I also need to know what style of music you'd like for the goofans game: I can do mixes of Techno (roughly) I'm very good at Rock, and I can compose movie score and classical like great! I have trouble writing waltzes so don't be surprised if that takes a while.

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Maybe you can give us a few samples? Then we can see exactly what kind of stuff you can make.

Most of our discussions are in the main "Discussion" topic, but if you don't want to read it all I understand.

If you're interested, you should start reading new posts in that section. It's really easy to just respond to everyone else's posts accordingly. (goofans.com/tracker, anyone?)

Ugh, I never use the tracker. I just go classic forum-style: look through updated topics, replying where appropriate.

Using the tracker is the reason me and AP find all the spam, but it's also quicker. At the top, it shows all the posts that have happened since my last check, so I can meet new goofans, see all the new addins, and answer users' questions all from one webpage.

I can post some samples, but where would I post them? As a mod under mods or embed them in my comments. Sorry I just don't know how.

Just upload them to Mediafire or some filehost and give us links for download.

But I don't want to have to sign up for any accounts and my parents probably won't let me do that... If you gave me your e-mail I can e-mail you some samples.

Accounts? Most of those things don't need accounts, but sure, send me tracks and I'll upload and link here.

nick at redthegreen.com

Doesn't Mediafire require an account? I just checked at it seems it does.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Using the tracker is the reason me and AP find all the spam, but it's also quicker. At the top, it shows all the posts that have happened since my last check, so I can meet new goofans, see all the new addins, and answer users' questions all from one webpage.

My method works just as well, only I don't go to the newest posts first. And I can see what threads I've already checked.

On the list, I go to the lower ones first, so it's chronological.

Same here. I would use Unread Posts, except for two things:
1) It's one more click, and
2) I always read it as "Undead Posts".

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

hendrik (dot) henderson (at) gmail (dot) com

-_-

Careful! Spambots can see that address!

AlbinoPokey at gmail dot com

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

edited. thanks AP. close call!

-_-