Thumbnail

5 replies [Last post]

What does thumbnail do? i mean it seems like it does nothing at all...at least in the mac version of gootool...

Because writing signatures is too mainstream

Copied from here:

Quote:

goomod 1.1+ only. An optional element specifying the screenshot displayed to the user in GooTool. The text content is the filename in the goomod file, and the element has the required attributes type, width and height giving the MIME-type, width and height of the thumbnail respectively. The only permitted MIME-types are image/jpeg and image/png. The recommended thumbnail size is 200x150 as larger images may be resized by GooTool giving poor quality results.

So as long as you follow these rules and your goomod is a 1.1 goomod, it should work. Note I haven't done it myself yet so I can't confirm but it should work.

What is a 1.1 goomod?

nothinggoo wrote:
What is a 1.1 goomod?

A goomod which has something like spec-version="1.1" in the addin.xml.

Quite a few of my addins have thumbnails set. The thing about a thumbnail is that GooTool only displays it when you click on the addin properties button, which not many people do, so not many people see the image.

By the way, addin spec 1.1 is also where the text.xml file was introduced, as well as dependencies and cutscenes (both of which are broken and don't work properly).

Oh i got it now. only when you clic the properties button you can see it...