Particles "enabled" attribute

5 replies [Last post]

Anybody know what the point of it is? I mean obviously setting it to true or false will make the particle show or not show respectively, but as far as I can see that's pretty useless, if you don't want a particle to show you wouldn't put it there in the first place.

So yeah, the only function I can see is if there is a way to dynamically enable/disable effects during a level. Anybody know how to do this? Or if it's used in any of the original levels, even if it is hard-coded? Or is there a whole different reason it's there?

Isn't it used in Deliverance? Or is that only the forcefield that gets enabled?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I guess it may be an unused feature.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Isn't it used in Deliverance? Or is that only the forcefield that gets enabled?

Only the forcefield gets enabled, unfortunately. At least, that's what it says here, maybe there's some undiscovered particle that gets enabled?

It's possible that it's just a feature that was left out. I will however have a go at searching through a few level XMLs to see if there are any disabled particles.

It's only used in a scene called EOL (display level stats after clicking continue button).
Here it is:

<particles id="gooGush" effect="gooTankStream" depth="-2" pos="-360,240" enabled="false"/>

P.S.:I tried to make a level based on it. But failed.

Ah, that makes sense, the stream of goo that goes in the tank takes a few seconds to appear. It must be disabled, then enabled, then disable again after. I suppose it's hardcoded though.