The Another Planet Showcase Thread

119 replies [Last post]

Crashed on Crushers.

Really? That one I actually just checked...

Yeah, WooGLE says it's fine. Could you open it in the editor and look if there are any missing dependencies?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It appears that WOG2_Tech is missing.
Also these files are missing:
res/levels/RotationsFaster/spikesShadow
res/music/loop_machinery2
res/levels/MagneticField/factory1
res/levels/TwistyPath/gray2
res/images/fx/ember
res/balls/WOG2_Tech/body
res/balls/WOG2_Tech/spring_goo
res/balls/WOG2_Tech/splat1
res/balls/WOG2_Tech/splat2

EDIT: Nothing happens after pulling the trigger in Lights Up. Sad

EDIT: Never mind. 61 balls collected. Tongue

EDIT: Complete all the levels except those glitchy ones. Nice levels. And I saw you used that dampening bug. And that was a nice one. Wink

This is the best error report I've seen in a long time. Laughing out loud

I'll fix those as soon as I'm back on my home computer. I'm glad you liked that level, I have plans for a few more with that concept. I just realized I forgot the no drag field on that one, but I doubt anyone will try to drag a ball into the field.

Which level required the WOG2_Tech? I thought I had replaced them all with WOG2_TechGlow balls (to prevent conflicts with other levels).

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

All fixed, plus the problem TheGooMasters had with Through the Mist.

Crushers: goo48 is WOG2_Tech.
Goo balls: SOUND_BALL_MAGNETGREEN_STRETCH, SOUND_BALL_MAGNETRED_STRETCH, SOUND_BALL_MAGNETBLUE_STRETCH, res/balls/Gold/GoldPick1, res/balls/Gold/GoldPick2, res/balls/Gold/GoldPick3, res/balls/Gold/GoldPick4, res/balls/Gold/GoldJoin1 missing.
And there are also some animations named image1, image2 missing. They are generated by old bugs in WooGLE that has been fixed in my versions. Wink

P.S. Why is there so many missing resources? Do you know you can make goomod for each level and combine all the goomods?

I could, but there are some other bugs in the new version of WooGLE that cause problems. All the loopsounds get moved to the Music folder, and duplicates get numbers appended (so if I used loop_machinery twice I'd have loop_machinery and loop_machinery2 in the addin), and all custom images are moved to the level's folder even if they're in res/images or another level.

Those missing animations just come from the id fields of SceneLayers, don't they?

Well, I don't think I added those features. Maybe DaB did? Or something I did has broke something? Puzzled
And yes, they do.

Everything should be fixed now. Try the same link again.

Still crashes on Crushers & CrushersHard. goo48 is still WOG2_Tech. Sad
Changed to WOG2_TechBomb and everything seems to work fine now. Smile

P.S. I like using bugs. (spoilers alert)
Faster Rotations 13 balls OCD. I should have collected 14 balls if I didn't accidentally killed the last one when I was moving it to the pipe. Sad
Finally finished all three chapters. YAY. Nice chapters. Smile

I thought I'd fixed that...it should be WOG2_TechGlow instead.

And I've been trying to find ways to prevent that glitch. How did you get the spawners past the nodrag-wall?

The nodrag-walls are still walls. I just dragged it really fast.

Ah, I see.

Any suggestions on how to fix that, then?

The nodrag walls are walls that only collides with dragging goo balls so making the nodrag wall thick might help.
P.S. I don't know why but decreasing the ball mass also seems to help. Maybe the goo balls get a constant force instead of a constant acceleration (like gravity) when colliding with walls?
Doing so can increase the difficulty to use the bug but won't prevent the bug since it is caused by the physics engine in the game.

Wait... Since it's nodrag wall, why can't I throw it and catch it on the other side before it collides with any ballbuster? To prevent this, set @draggable=false.

What about setting @invulnerable=false? Does it need to be true?

I used this ball in another level long ago that required it. I don't anymore. Fixing now.

I'm not able to access chapter 3 with all the levels comepleted in landng and the mountians. Is their something wrong?

I made goomods.

Do you mean the button to the island doesn't work, or the game crashes when you click it?

The button is disabled.

I made goomods.

Ah, found the bug. Try it now.

How did you make the song cemetery path? EDIT: I can click the button, but it crashes the game.

I made goomods.

He probably got that song from my chapter but he didn't tell me that so I'm not sure.
I download the song from Kyle Gabler's old site. It is replaced now but you can still find this song on YouTube, just search for Cemetery Road. Kyle wrote this song for his friend to make a video clip that I think I have seen somewhere on YouTube. I don't know why isn't this song included in Soundtrack but I think this track is awesome so I clipped a part of it to make it loop. The clipped part repeats the beginning so I think the looped song will be nice. Smile

Ok Tongue

I made goomods.

I think I ripped it from Mygod's chapter, but I'm not sure. I got the full thing from Kyle's site with the Wayback Machine, then looped it for the mod. When I hit Export it said there was alread a CemetaryRoad.ogg file, so I just used that one. Tongue

@AP

gooey goo wrote:
EDIT: I can click the button, but it crashes the game.

I made goomods.

Okay...hm. Did anyone else have this problem?

Why do you ask?

I made goomods.

Because I'm not sure if it's a problem with your computer or my mod. I can't replicate it.

Ok

I made goomods.

Mygod wrote:
Crashed on Crushers.

Yes. Me too. Since i create balls. The World of Goo crashed.
How do i fix it?

Check out my account!
http://goofans.com/user/13680

nvittoa03. I make levels.