The Another Planet Showcase Thread

119 replies [Last post]

New Goo Ball, the Generator. Uses "startdelay" on strands.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

This is totally what electricity is like.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Cool particles!

You also could copy goomatz's electric gooball and electricity which he used on keep on running. You have to ask his permission though. But I really like the looks of yours. Smile

My Profile

Thank you! Shy

I copied the particles to look at, then created the electricBallBurn using it as a template. I liked the lightning effect, but it didn't look quite right with lots of particles on the screen at once. So I generated some new ones in Photoshop.

It looks really cool in action, I'll see if I can make a video somehow. Otherwise...three more days!

Really cool. I can't wait to play your masterpiece. Laughing out loud

Thanks! I hope I get it done in time, I'm not sure. I may have to cut two of the challenge levels and the end movie, just ending it with a huge cliffhanger. Evil

The layout, as it is right now.

The (!) levels aren't built/playable yet. The rest are. The C's are challenge versions of the final levels in those branches.

Just a few more hours till its released! I'm so excited! This will be an interesting adventure. Smile

My Profile

Agh...need to finish just one more level to connect the branches together and get a playable (if unfinished) chapter...

Sorry, I'm not going to have it done in time. Last night there was a huge storm which killed the power, and I lost a few hours of work. I should be able to have it up by tomorrow or the next day.

Take your time, you don't have to rush for it as it will be more work for you and the level might be bad.

My Profile

Honestly, now they're saying the power will be up and down for the rest of the day. And the UPS's batteries are completely drained, so I might need to leave the computer completely shut down today.

Thanks, Naveed, I will try to get something out next week at least.

WHOOOOOOA DAT LOOK AMAZAAAAAAAAAH!

Sorry, haven't been on for a while. But those electricity thingies look FANTASTIC. And yes, you must construct additional inexplicable frogs.

Thanks! It looks even better in action.

Unfortunately, it will be delayed a little bit more. The power went out a second time yesterday, and after it came back up an AT&T tech came to fix our neighbor's phone service. After he left our landline and DSL died, and tech support was convinced that we just needed a new modem (somehow that would fix the phone line as well?). At last everything seems to be working...and then the uninterruptable power supply dies.

I'm amazed that all this could happen within two days of each other, and hopefully now everything is working fully. I should be able to get this out by the fourth of June. That will be my new deadline. Smile

"Lights Up" is going well, but the circuit breaker mechanism is taking forever to build! Should have it done by tomorrow.

Lights Up is finished, and one of the best levels I've built! It should be even better with multimouse/multitouch. Now for the real finale...

I see you're working really hard on this chapter. Can't wait it to be released. Keep on going Smile

Adding custom music and sounds to levels now. Musopen and Newgrounds are wonderful.

Finally, another level concept with the plain glow balls! This one might be a little easy, I'm calling it Rotations.

And a challenge level for it. Now I just need one challenge level, one magnetism level, and the finale.

Tonight I'm going to the premiere of one of my compositions, so I won't get much more modding done. I should have it done by next Tuesday.

Polished up and tested everything I have, almost ready for release with a big cliffhanger at the end.

Hope it gets released today. Smile

My Profile

Bad news--I fell ill yesterday and didn't get any goomodding done, so I don't think it'll be ready for release before I leave for Alaska. I will be sure to get it up as soon as I get back though.

Created two GooVIEs for the chapter, I'm always surprised how long they take to build.

Wow, I haven't updated this in a while.

While I wait for David to fix the uploading bug I'm rebuilding levels from APc2 that I'm not satisfied with: Eruption, Volcano Slide, Up the Tower, and Light the Fuse.

Now I'm no longer ashamed of any levels in Chapter 2; I rebuilt the worst ones. Back to work on Chapter 3 until the uploader is fixed.

So close to release! Just running the MapWorldView, island, and wogc files through the XML diff tool.

Cool. I hope it gets released soon! Laughing out loud

P.S.: All the time I was on this site, your signature was always the same. Maybe you could change it in something like "The Another Planet Trilogy" or something like that Wink

Actually, I don't think I've ever changed it. I only changed my profile picture once, for Little Inferno's release day. That would be a good idea.