The Another Planet Showcase Thread

119 replies [Last post]

NOOO!!! For some reason the goomod now installs just fine, but World of Goo always crashes just after loading!

Would someone who really understands XSL give me a hand with this? I think something went wrong with one of the merges.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Check the XSL modified files and see if they are in correct format.
If it doesn't work, you can send me your addin at mygodstudio at gmail dot com. Wink

By the way, I have an easier way to make XSL maybe you know what XPath is. I think I will post it later on this site.

I tried that, they seem fine. There was one issue in the resources.xml.xsl file, but I fixed that and nothing changes.

I've been using DavidC's "XML Diff" tool, which has worked fine until now. I'll send you the addin if I can find a hosting site that will accept enormous files. Tongue

And for now I'll just move all the MapWorldView files to Compile, it's not as nice but it will work if you don't use something like Towersome with it. I already had to do that with the wogc ones because GooTool choked on the wogc3d.resrc.xsl file (it was enormous).

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Have you fixed the problem now? You can try Dropbox and Copy to upload enormous files.

Here's a Dropbox link. I think the problem is in the /properties/ merges, but when I open the modified .xml.bin files they look fine and pass syntax highlighting.

Okay, I've found the location of the problem at least. It's not the /properties/ merges, it's the ones in MapWorldView and island1 that are causing the problem. I don't see how, though...

EDIT: Level appears fine, resrc appears fine, scene appears fine...what gives?
EDIT2: Aha, missing resource! Now for island1...
EDIT3: All fixed! Removed from Dropbox, uploading here.

Okay, apparently the old file uploader I found also has a size restriction on it. For now, I'll put the dropbox link on the download page. But the addin works!

I tried to install the addin from the link you posted, but I keep getting this error.
http://i.imgur.com/HHqjaEH.png

Any idea what I did?

That's the same error I used to get with the enormous wogc3d one. That's annoying.

Perhaps the program is running out of memory? Can anyone else help with this? I don't want to move the MapWorldView changes into a compile.

For now, try disabling any other mods that might change MapWorldView.

Oh congratulations. Smile
And the game crashed. Sad
I'll try to figure out what's the problem.

PROBLEM #1: res/music/cold_moonlight is missing. I assume you are going to use res/music/cold_moonlight2. (compile/res/levels/MapWorldView/MapWorldView.resrc.xml)

Seriously? I just had it working! Sad

What were you doing when it crashed?

After I changed the resource problem, the game seems to work fine now. Smile
And it seems you merged your addin with World Spin?

EDIT: Problem #2: http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/MygodStudio/2013-07-30_103314.png

EDIT: Problem #3: The game crashed again when trying to enter The Dark Maze.

EDIT: Problem #4: It seems something's missing: (these messages are from my Console Debugger)

[t=0.00] loading game...
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/fonts/TwCenMTCondensedExtraBold36G.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=1.08] could not load texture: res/fonts/TwCenMTCondensedExtraBold36G.png
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/images/fx/launch_0.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=1.08] could not load texture: res/images/fx/launch_0.png
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/images/fx/launch_1.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=1.08] could not load texture: res/images/fx/launch_1.png
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/images/fx/launch_2.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=1.08] could not load texture: res/images/fx/launch_2.png
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/images/fx/ember.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=1.08] could not load texture: res/images/fx/ember.png
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/images/levelimages/pipeCap_Glow.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=1.39] could not load texture: res/images/levelimages/pipeCap_Glow.png
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/images/levelimages/SignPost_dlg_sign2.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=2.34] could not load texture: res/images/levelimages/SignPost_dlg_sign2.png
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/images/levelimages/SignPost_dlg_pole2.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=2.34] could not load texture: res/images/levelimages/SignPost_dlg_pole2.png
[t=2.34] [WARNING: ResourceManager::getImage] image with id IMAGE_MOVIE_SIGNPOSTDLGISH_LOOP_SIGNPOSTISH not found
[t=2.34] [WARNING: ResourceManager::getImage] image with id IMAGE_MOVIE_SIGNPOSTDLGISH_LOOP_LF4 not found
[t=15.66] STATE TRANSITION: WORLD --> LOADING (after 10 sec)
WARNING: D3DXGetImageInfoFromFile failed for 'res/levels/island3x/levels.png'
D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
Invalid data
[t=15.66] could not load texture: res/levels/island3x/levels.png
[t=274.26] WARNING: trying to draw image with NULL texture (res/levels/Mining/orange1)

EDIT: Problem #5: The game crashed again when I'm trying to click the continue button in UpTheTower2. (and the problem disappeared when I tried again)

EDIT: Problem #6: The game crashed again when I'm trying to enter the level Light the Fuse.

I think I see what's wrong. This goomod contains an old version of the Override folder. Those are all problems I fixed in the past, the "cold moonlight" one is what caused the crash on the opening screen.

I'll repack it and stick the new version in Dropbox. I must just have moved the wrong file...

EDIT: There, try it now. I found another file with a similar name which is probably the right one.
EDIT2: Try the same link in about half an hour, my internet is being slow again. It should work this time.

I was wondering how a goomod that worked perfectly fine for me wasn't working for you. Apparently I had previously installed the version with the proper override, and GooTool didn't remove the files later. Tongue

The game still crashes when trying to enter Light the Fuse, Dark Maze and Generator. Sad

EDIT: The game crashes again when trying to move the mouse onto a secret button in Chapter 2.

EDIT: The game crashes again when clicking the signpost in Chapter 3.

I can't think what's special about those levels...does Rockslide work fine?

What secret button, [ROT13] gur lryybj bar haqre gur jngre?

EDIT: Found the problem, it was a conflict between the Tech ball in my levels and the one in MOM4Evr's island. Changed mine to WOG2_TechGlow. In Light the Fuse it was a missing sound file and in Dark Maze a missing particle effect. Try the same link again.

I'm sorry but I' get the same error message like Pieeddiepi.
You cold try to keep the xsl simple by first deleting everything within the level, then adding the new content.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xsl:template match="* | comment()">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="/level/"/>

<xsl:template match="/level">

<!-- COPY YOUR NEW LEVEL.XML HERE -->

That would probably be better. I'll try that. I really don't understand XSL so I'm just trying not to break anything. Tongue

EDIT: Updated, try the same link again.
EDIT2: Something just went wrong, try this instead.

If you do that, there is no difference between using compile and merge. It only makes the problem more complex. XSLs should be used to avoid conflicts between goomods. If it cannot, just simply use compile.

EDIT: I just re-downloaded your addin and GooTool said it is unable to compile merge/res/levels/MapWorldView/MapWorldView.level.xsl.

Mygod is right there would be no difference to using the compile directory.
You havent't changed much in your new level.xml. Let me sum it up.
- Changed music
- different position of ballinstance id="52"
- three added strands
It should not be too hard for you to create a xsl for that by using Mygods new instruction for writing xsl.

<xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*" />
      <xsl:apply-templates />

<xsl:template match="/level/music">
    <xsl:element name="{name()}">
      <xsl:for-each select="/level/music/@*">
        <xsl:attribute name="{name()}">
          <xsl:value-of select="." />
        </xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:for-each>
      <xsl:attribute name="id">SOUND_LEVEL_MAPWORLDVIEW_COLD_MOONLIGHT</xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:element>

<xsl:template match="/level/BallInstance">
      <xsl:for-each select="/level/BallInstance[@id='52']/@*">
      <xsl:attribute name="x">-44.2</xsl:attribute>

<xsl:template match="/level/BallInstance">
      <xsl:attribute name="y">313.86</xsl:attribute>

<Strand gb1="52" gb2="40" />
    <Strand gb1="40" gb2="41" />
    <Strand gb1="41" gb2="52" />

</xsl:transform>

@goomatz
The second one has some problem, and it can be simplified. Here's mine: (based on yours)

<xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*" />

<xsl:template match="/level/music">
      <xsl:for-each select="/level/music/@*">
      <xsl:attribute name="id">SOUND_LEVEL_MAPWORLDVIEW_COLD_MOONLIGHT</xsl:attribute>

<xsl:template match="/level/BallInstance[@id='52']">
      <xsl:attribute name="x">-44.2</xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:attribute name="y">313.86</xsl:attribute>

<Strand gb1="52" gb2="40" />
    <Strand gb1="40" gb2="41" />
    <Strand gb1="41" gb2="52" />

</xsl:transform>

It's awesome when other people find solutions to the bugs for me! Tongue

You're right, it's probably not a good idea to clear everything out like that. I'll use that for the level, merge in the resources, and try to write a better merge for the scene (that's the one that's really changed).

EDIT: Actually, for now I'll just compile the scene. Then you can play it while I try to write an actual merge. Right now I'm still vdiffing the two.

EDIT2: There, try it now. I just rewrote all the merges I'm using and moved MapWorldView's scene.xml to the compile folder.

It works fine after deleting merge/res/levels/MapWorldView/MapWorldView.scene.xsl in the goomod file. Wink

edit: leaving the level "Eruption" with less than 7 balls collected is giving me an fatal error:

Exception: Access Violation (code 0xc0000005) at address 70CA372D in thread EB8
Module: MSVCP80.dll
Logical Address: 0001:0000272D

0012F714 70CA372D class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > & std::basic_string,class std::allocator >::append(class std::basic_string,class std::allo+C
Params: 00000004 00000000 FFFFFFFF 0042C26F

StackWalk failed (error 299)

EAX:00000004 EBX:00000000 ECX:0012F734 EDX:00000003 ESI:00000000 EDI:00000004
EIP:70CA372D ESP:0012F708 EBP:0012F714
CS:001B SS:0023 DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000
Flags:00010202

Windows Ver: NT 6.0 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
DDraw Ver:
DSound Ver:

Product: Product
Version:
Time Loaded: 00:04:28
Fullscreen: No
Primary ThreadId: EB8

Oops, forgot to delete that. Fixed now.

Any other problems? I'm leaving for a week tomorrow so I want to get this working before I go.

That problem in Eruption is very odd. I just scanned it and found one problem (with the Helium ball), but it shouldn't happen when you exit the level, and should be in both Eruption and Lavafall.

When you exit it it calls a movie that doesn't exist, but that shouldn't be a problem either. The "x" in most cutscenes is just the name of a nonexistant file.

EDIT: Wait, 7 balls are required. How do you beat it with fewer?

reading the signposts in "Mining" gives another fatal error:

Exception: Access Violation (code 0xc0000005) at address 0047BC95 in thread 97C
Module: WorldOfGoo.exe
Logical Address: 0001:0007AC95

01D5F690 0047BC95 0001:0007AC95 WorldOfGoo.exe
Params: 00000001 3E99999A 01D461D0 01D553C0

StackWalk failed (error 299)

EAX:00000000 EBX:07F18AA8 ECX:01D5F690 EDX:005E3774 ESI:FFFFFFFF EDI:00FFFFFF
EIP:0047BC95 ESP:0012F860 EBP:01D5F690
CS:001B SS:0023 DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000
Flags:00010246

Windows Ver: NT 6.0 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
DDraw Ver:
DSound Ver:

Product: Product
Version:
Time Loaded: 00:00:38
Fullscreen: No
Primary ThreadId: 97C

Try the updated version in 26 minutes.

EDIT: Oh, I see the problem with the signposts. Working on it now.
EDIT2: There we go, problems fixed.

Nice, the game crashes fewer times now. Wink
But the game still crashes when I'm moving my mouse onto this button in Chapter 2.
And the game crashed again while entering Power Lines and Find Your Way.
And are you going to change The Tower of Goo into The Center of the Moon? The logo looks like that one.

EDIT: res/images/fx/ember.png appeared to be missing.

Wow, all three have the same source: missing text resources. Tongue

EDIT: Wait, the resources are missing from my GooTool copy but are in the addin...that's bizarre. I'll try reinstalling it.

EDIT2: Try it now.

Albino Pokey wrote:

EDIT: Wait, 7 balls are required. How do you beat it with fewer?

I did not beat it, thats why I left the level then it crashed. However leaving the level without collecting any goos works fine.

That's...odd. I can't think of any reason why that would happen.

Any other broken levels? I probably have time for one last upload in the morning before I go.