Strat Videos: WOGFAN youtube channel

25 replies [Last post]

Hi everyone,

Basically I'd like this thread to show the most up to date strats for each level on the wogfan channel.

www.youtube.com/user/wogfan

Misty's Long Bony Road OCD (60 collected)

If anyone else has videos showing different techniques please feel free to post them. I'll be updating this thread over the next couple of weeks.

Regards,

LTumbleweed

Tower Of Goo OCD (100 Collected)

Great thinking!! I try my best to upload at least a couple of videos soon.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Cool, could you upload your 0 move red carpet video. out of all of ours its the most controlled.

Oh that one is easy! Yes I could! Now that I'm playing on my old pc I have sound in my videos. Smile

i Have a youtube account i could upload some as well!

I am Awsome yes i am and if you have a problem Speak to my friends the Devil, Werewolf, Vampire and The Wizard!!!!!

You could, we would be happy to host your vids or even if you just want to post a link. We are only looking for unique strats though for exaple there are enough small divide 16 ocd videos.

Upper Shaft OCD 56

Deliverance OCD (2 Moves)

Tower Of Goo OCD (102 collected)

On your Tower of Goo 102 collected video, I do not quite understand how you managed to get the separated linked pair to begin with. Then I also do not understand how you are able to "kick" or "throw" the pair up to the top. In other words, how are you able to build so quickly to get that single pair? What and how are you exactly moving the pair up to the pipe? I cannot seem to move that quickly with my mouse!

Suggestions? Comments? Pats on the back to encourage me? Votes of confidence in me that I can do it if I stop going to work and devote all my time to Gooing? LOL!

Thanks

I'll try to answer you questions

Q: how you managed to get the separated linked pair
A: he used the screen edge that detaches goos. you probably saw in some levels that goos separate from each other when they touch that kind of surface. He build it that way so he will get a line when the holding goos separate.

Q: how you are able to "kick" or "throw" the pair up to the top
A: It is "feature", he is skilled at throwing goos that way. You must practice a lot to be able to do that. He basically takes one goo, throws it at the line, takes it again and throws it before the line starts to fall. It is much easier with Ivy goos.
Watch this video to learn more:

Q: Suggestions? Comments? Pats on the back to encourage me? Votes of confidence in me that I can do it if I stop going to work and devote all my time to Gooing?
A: Practice, practice, practice, retry, retry, retry... and again. I really don't mean to discourage you but getting 100+ in Tower of Goo is definitely the hardest thing you can do in WoG.

Best feature since Bug school #2 technique!

Well I have no idea about that pilot ball thing. I'm still trying to perfect Level 1... Haha!

So let me get this straight: I need to practice, retry, practice, retry again, practice some more... Haha!!! Well I figured as much. Actually after I posted I re-viewed the video and noticed that indeed it has to do with certain surfaces or "edges" of the screen and quickly attaching a ball so that when it detaches it does so in a way that it detaches a pair... Anyway, I see that now. "Kicking", Throwing", "Bouncing" (As I like to call it) seems to be my real hang up. I just cannot seem to get my dexterity and quickness with the mouse down. I wonder if speeding up the mouse response in Windows might help. Would that translate into Gooey mouse speed? Wink Ewe! Hmmm…. Maybe I should rephrase that… Wink

Thanks for the post with the Throws Compilations...

Wow. Impressive video. Definitely the best I've seen so far with goo-whacking (as I call it)!
Canyon: Yeah, this kicking business is really really hard. I've been playing WOG for a week solid and haven't perfected it yet...
Practice, practice, practice, practice....

Don't forget: MORE PRACTICE!!! It's all about the physics (goo-physics, if you know what I mean Wink ) and quick fingers.

James wrote:
Don't forget: MORE PRACTICE!!! It's all about the physics (goo-physics, if you know what I mean Wink ) and quick fingers.

Speaking of physics, how long do you think 2Dboy spent JUST on their amazing physics engine?

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

You mean implementing/testing it? They didn't write it themselves, they used ODE.
Probably quite a while until it was really that well-balanced, I guess.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

thB wrote:
You mean implementing/testing it? They didn't write it themselves, they used ODE.
Probably quite a while until it was really that well-balanced, I guess.

Oh, ODE, of course...

I spent a while trying to come up with my own physics engine like WoG's, but apparently it would take a while. Drunk

Allow me to try some interesting HTML code...

Editor's Note

HTML codes for these notes are long!

Hehe, note that the above is not an editor's note. Wink - thB
Hehe, note that the above is a moderator's note. Wink - Enchanter49

Yeah practice is where it's at, but physics doesn't really have much to do with it... I mean the physics are there, but if someone like myself seems to be having issues with gyrating his hand on mouse as quickly as he needs to "kick" the goo up the pipe, (Ok that was graphic Wink then that someone must find an alternative method of using the physics. Kind of like pushing a car... one person usually can't push a car on a flat surface but two people may be able to get it moving... (Depending on the mass of the car and smoothness of the wheel bearings). So you see, practice may make perfect gooey fingers, (sorry I couldn't resist) but using the physics in other ways may also get the job done without such gooey fingers...

You dig?

As Pavke said, it's all about practice. Smile

Tower Of Goo 104 ocd

Now that I think about it, Why don't you guys try out for mod-type levels as well?

P.s. Please read my sig. Smile

Not sure what you mean and Infesty 22 OCD

I mean Gootool-type levels i.e. Tower of goo 2.0