World of Goo Addins: Movies

4 replies [Last post]

We could add a Movie in the world of goo addin column.
The movies could be published by the moderators (or because they would have enough, I could be a movie publisher, not a moderator. special badge created) I could publish some of my first movies to start of. But these movies should be made with GOOVIE.
They can be funny
They can be useful for someone else
They cannot be racist
They cannot be non-understandable

What do you think?

Well, there's a few problems. WoG movies are un-watchable unless you put them in WoG yourself. And since GooTool doesn't install movies, people would either have to install them themselves, or the movie maker would have to make a .goomod that installs the movie itself.

Also, movies are only displayed either 1) after you've finished a level for the first time or 2) in certain places. This is really a really inconvenient way to watch movies.

I would suggest that anyone wanting to share movies made in GooVIE installs it in their WoG, records it and uploads it to YouTube. Maybe we could make a thread to submit them in, too.

Or just makes a Flash movie and YouTubes it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Or just replace 2DBOY intro movie file with your own.

or as goomatz said in the webchat.
you could make a level which isn't actually playable. but with animations and camera pois you can make a movie at the start of a level.

now let's wait for davidc to read this and make the "movie" addin.