A suggestion...

16 replies [Last post]

The chapter tutorial came out. So there may be a lot of chapters being created. Why not add a Chapter addin type? Tongue

Good idea! I personally think that that should be done pretty soon, as making a chapter is not that hard.

Because writing signatures is too mainstream

Why not, you ask? Because DavidC. He's the guy who makes GooTool, and thus he decides the addins types that would get added. However he hasn't done any work on GooTool in ages, and I haven't seen him visit here for a while either.

In addition, it would take quite a bit of work to make a chapter addin type. You'd have to think about the merging, text, stuff like that, and the organisation of it all.
It'd be best if someone made an island editor for this, so that all chapter addins would be as consistent as possible too. I'm thinking of making one, similar to WooGLE, although that's probably still a way off.

In any case, DavidC needs to feel like it first. Or at the very least, if somebody else wants to do it they need his permission to do so.

Well, it woldn't have to be too much work. I agree that it's unlikely to happen, but he could just add a new type to the Addin Type enum and make it identical to the Mod type.

Or maybe, with a bit more work, rename the file "island.xml.xsl" in the root of the goomod to a thus-far-unused one in the game to avoid conflicts.

If anyone knows Java (which I don't really), the source code is out there somewhere, and I expect David would allow this.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Island editor? There is an island browser in WoGModifier and it can edit islandx.xml.bin. Tongue

EDIT: Okay... I have some more suggestions. I found there are a number of missing book pages like button & buttongroup in Reference Guide. Why not write more? (I'll try my best to help)
EDIT again: I'm now confusing why down, downover, armed, downarmed doesn't work. I read the armed means ticked. Is it possible to make it work in a level?
EDIT once again: What's the difference among cursor1color, cursor2color, cursor3color & cursor4color?

No idea. I think only Daft ever understood buttons. Tongue

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Ha! It seems down attributes worked! Down attributes are like checkboxes! Laughing out loud (it didn't work just now because you can't drag at all after you click it)
EDIT: And armed attributes means down and drag out. Tongue

Daft as Brush wrote:
Armed looks to more like... "ticked".
The words confused me just now.

Mygod wrote:
Island editor? There is an island browser in WoGModifier and it can edit islandx.xml.bin. Tongue

Well maybe, but what I mean is something that people can use to easily make islands without having to understand how the xml works. It'd probably be something like WooGLE, but it'd do lots of button-related stuff automatically. It would also be editing both the island map and island.xml simultaneously.

You meant making island map automatically? I think goomodders prefer to make a island map by themselves. Making buttons isn't that hard I think.

EDIT: What's latch doing? I tried to set it true but it doesn't seem that it can disable the button.
By the way, I saw this:

Albino Pokey wrote:
And a new hinge property: "latch"
Are both of them useless?

EDIT again: Here's something I find about flower bug.
The more strands a ball have, the easier the flower bug appears. (everyone knows this, maybe that's why the game limited you to have only 4 strands)
The larger the values of springconstmin and springconstmax become, the easier the bug appears. (because the flower bug is caused by strand springing)
The smaller the value of mass of the goo ball becomes, the easier the bug appears. (the reason is same as above)

Probably. I could never figure out what it did.

I found the button could be used to create rotating labels by setting their anchors.
But what does context do in labels and buttons? (it seems I have asked a lot of questions, waiting for someone to answer them Tongue)

Context is apparently hardcoded. It changes when it appears in certain situations, like in the IslandUi level.

Mygod wrote:
You meant making island map automatically? I think goomodders prefer to make a island map by themselves. Making buttons isn't that hard I think.

People can design and put together island maps themselves, but it just makes it simpler. For example when making the map in WooGLE, it'll complain about the absence of a levelexit. The app wouldn't have anything to do with levelexits. Also, writing in the commands for buttons can get repetitive. The program would simply ask you to insert a level's directory and all the button commands would be written automatically. Making islands would be just as flexible, but it'd just be eliminating unnecessary difficulties.
Not to mention the fact that it can make goomods for you and, possibly, create consistent chapter addin type goomods.

@Albino Pokey
OK. I will take a look at that.

@puggsoy
That sounds good. Laughing out loud

P.S. This is the 40000th comment in this site. Laughing out loud (I guess)

In this forum, isn't it? IDK. Either way, that's awesome.

OK. Now I know the context is used to display labels or buttons above the letterbox. And I also finally found how to use those attributes!

When latch=false:
  Mouse not over: use up image;
  Mouse in ocx radius but not over: use up image and translucent over image;
  Mouse over: use over image;
  Mouse down: use translucent over image and armed image;
  Mouse down and drag out of the button: use up image;
  Disabled: use disabled image.
When latch=true:
 Haven't been clicked or have been clicked for even times:
  Same as above.
 Have been clicked for odd times:
  Also same as above, just replace up with down and add down at the beginning of
    other attributes.

In summary, latch means the button can be toggled or not. Toggled button use down images, not toggled buttons use common images.
Now I'm going to take a look at the latch of hinges... Wink

EDIT: I find alpha and colorize can't take any effect in buttons.

Mygod wrote:
What's the difference among cursor1color, cursor2color, cursor3color & cursor4color?

I think they work on multi-touch version.