Merging

20 replies [Last post]

... I don't know how to merge things in world of goo. I need someone to tell me so I can merge the island maps and Island 1 (ugh) But I need to be able to understand, I am a rookie, after all.

I now go by StrixToxis.

Sorry if I'm asking to many questions on this site...

I now go by StrixToxis.

well you should try to upload you level's to goofans

You are pissing me off. First of all, this is off topic. I was just asking for the people on this forum to help me merge files which you most likely can't do yourself. Second, I am working on lost in paradise, I is my biggest project ever and you are just impatient about it. Third and finally, I am not your slave. I make levels for fun and not because people like you are demanding for them, I take time into what I do . Do you want something I made in two minutes and spent no time on it or quality work that takes more than a week? I have spoken!

I now go by StrixToxis.

Nerdy Z is coming.

What are you trying to merge? You only need to merge particles

EDIT: Daxperrin is only around 7-9 years old from what it seems, so you may want to give him some slack. He seems to be incapable of figuring out that he's not helping anybody by requesting things.

I think he's just used to deviant art.

I made goomods.

Yeah.. Sorry I wasn't myself, I apologize to daxperrin. I hope everyone can forgive me for that, it was quite harsh.

Anyway, I'm trying to merge island 1 because I was told not to override it, and island 2 (because I need to merge the changes in order for it to work) And I searched it up but it doesn't seem to work.

I now go by StrixToxis.

Actually, don't merge chapter 1. Instead, use both compile (for xml's) and override (for images and sounds) for it.

I made goomods.

Ok, I will try this after school..

I now go by StrixToxis.

This may be of some interest. It's an old chapter tutorial on the site and I believe contains info on merging chapter 1.
I can't really do chapters but it'll probably help.

http://goofans.com/developers/resources/chapter-addin-development

StarCastler wrote:
This may be of some interest. It's an old chapter tutorial on the site and I believe contains info on merging chapter 1.
I can't really do chapters but it'll probably help.

http://goofans.com/developers/resources/chapter-addin-development

Another way to figure out how to make chapters is by looking at chapter addins. I'd suggest mine for self promotion, but to be honest, look at another planet by albino pokey. It's very helpful for figuring out how chapters work.

I made goomods.

Can u send me the link to another planet?

I now go by StrixToxis.

I'm sorry ok

I'm sorry too, but just be patient I am working on goomods, I just spent a lot of time on them to make them awesome

I now go by StrixToxis.

well can you try to make a level pack out of it plz

That is what I'm doing, it's WoG Lost in Paradise

I now go by StrixToxis.

wean are you going to make that goomod in

daxperrin wrote:
wean are you going to make that goomod in

Just wait until Christmas (or later...)

Keep in mind making levels isn't easy.

I made goomods.

I was just talking to toxic goos

I can't exactly estimate that, because I have never made chapters before, but during the summer I do lots of camping and that might slow progress

I now go by StrixToxis.

daxperrin wrote:
I was just talking to toxic goos

its the same answer both ways...