Lost all levels, any way to skip lvs by mod to file?

7 replies [Last post]

Howdy all,

For some unknown reason I lost all my leves on my andorid phone and now im facing having to re do them all again to get back to where i was. not sure why they all went awol, one day fine next day back at the start. I know where to locate the app data on the internal memory and the pers2.dat etc

Is there any way to mod the pers2 file or any other file to be able to put my self back to where i was chapter/level wise?

Many thanks for ya input!

There's probably some way to do it, but the Android version is relatively new and I don't think there's been a lot of research on how to decode and edit its pers2.dat file. It's possible that it's similar to the iPad, but either way you'd have to decode it into an editable file.

Even once that's done, you'd have to be able to edit the file properly to show that your levels have been completed. I'm very inexperienced with this, but there's information on the file's format and syntax here, if you're interested. However, unless you can remember, your best number of balls collected and moves taken wouldn't be the same as previously.

Well, iOS versions have a plist file meaning it's not encrypted. Considering android phones are also mobile device, my guess is the save file won't be encrypted, though it won't necessarily be called pers2. The folder organisation should be more or less the same as PC.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

If it is encrypted, I expect it uses the AES method.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Why would it ne encrypted if no one is supposed to access it in the first place!

I dunno, but the Windows/Mac/Linux ones are. But Soultaker cracked it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

So that nobody can access it. And maybe for the game to read/write it more easily.

Well, I inform you that iOS has no encryption.