no pers2 file

11 replies [Last post]

im having troubles with gootool, i cant seem to get my profile to publish im getting a msg unable to publish your profile unable to decode, iv looked for the pers2 file but its not where it should be, im completely stuck as the rest of gootool is working fine

Hey there!

Your profile and GooTool are fine; this site's just down and not accepting any new uploads for profiles. Davidc (The creator of this site and GooTool) started working on a fix a while ago, but he hasn't had time recently to keep working on it, hopefully he will soon.

ok pal thanks, just bit puzzled why my pers2 file has vanished

It vanished?

What operating system are you using? Windows or Mac?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

im on windows xp, i think i may havedeleted it when i basicly uninstalled world of goo and gootool then i deleted all files to do with world of goo, when iv reinstaled the game theres been no pers2

im rank 29 alltime on iphone and i realy want to b able to get my scores on the pc boards, at the moment i havent gone past the 1st world on pc as im waiting to get it all working, thanx

Okay, it might be in a strange place. Try this.

Turn on viewing of hidden folders in Windows Explorer, then go to your app data folder. Search for "pers2", and post the results here.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

IV LOOKED WHERE ITS SUPOSED TO B, AND IV ALREADY TRIED THE SEARCH BUT I SEARCHED THE FULL SYSTEM WITH HIDDEN FOLDERS ENABLED

No need to yell, we can hear you just fine. Wink

It should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo . Is World of Goo itself recognizing where you left off? Because if so, there's no need to panic. Your profile is there someplace.

If GooTool is giving you the profile decoding error, it should know where your profile is, so you can check the "Profile" field under the "Options" tab for your profile location. Or can GooTool not find it any more?

It would actually be in C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo

Just copy/paste that (changing your name) into Windows Explorer. Tongue

wog is saved n iv got the extra levels etc, i hav a working and saved gootool, iv looked in 2dboy|world of goo n its empty, iv just tried the profile option and the world of goo file has no pers2

iv tried that red the world of goo files empty