Gootool support for Android

16 replies [Last post]

@davidc

Hi davidc! So I know you don't have an android device, but I just beat WoG on my nexus 7 with all OCD levels and now I'm bored. So I was wondering if you could write an apk for Gootool and I can test it, make sure its working correctly. And android basically is Java so we don't have to worry bout that.

Here's a tutorial I found for writing apks: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=203424&b=46

Oh and I can give you the WoG game paths for installing levels Wink

And if anyone wants to help you are welcome Smile

I'll look some more and see if I can find a tutorial for porting programs such as Gootool Wink

EDIT: sorry I forgot to say that if you don't want to make an apk then add a new option to Gootool for Android. I can give you the correct game paths and stuff. So it would basically work like iOS

GooTool doesn't work for iOS either. Tongue

That being said, GooTool IS open source, so feel free to make the necessary changes yourself.

No IT does work on iOS. You have to be jail broken and have the OpenSHH app. Then I guess it extracts the .ipa then you would build your world of goo, then gootool packs it back to .ipa with the custom level. Read the gootool FAQ

I might try and add android support but I would have to learn coding and that's the hard part. That's why I asked davidc to do it and I would give him some tips and stuff

I don't need to read the FAQ. It doesn't work on iOS; I've tried with my jailbroken iPod. Gootool has the iOS menu options greyed out for a reason: cause they were never fully implemented. Tongue

I don't think davidc wants to code much more on GooTool at this point in time. But it IS open-source, so there's nothing aside from learning to code keeping you from doing it yourself.

Oh. Hmm...

MOM4Evr is it possible to find the game levels directory and put the level in there? So I need the level, a modified island1, anything else? My dad has an iPad so I can try it on that

Yep! As far as I know, you can stick xml files in the proper folder, and just edit island1 to add a new button. I haven't tried it myself, though.

Ok so is this everything i need?:

Modified island 1

island1.xml (from the gootool folder)

Examp level: Little path

Oh and would it just be easier to get the island 1 folder from the gootool levels folder?

Oh is it possible to do it on android? I just got 2 apk editors and all the files in the WoG folder were useless like: color, raw, layout, values etc.

So like how can I edit the apk with like the levels folder n stuff?

please don't multi post...
there is an edit button Smile

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

@wogfan seems to be successful.He gave @Rayleed a WoG.ipa which includes new levels Wink .And it seems that WoG works well.

Random user of goofans site & WoG gamer.

Maniac of osu!game now. Go MU as you want and just PM me.

MaybeSuper wrote:
@wogfan seems to be successful.He gave @Rayleed a WoG.ipa which includes new levels Wink .And it seems that WoG works well.

It's on iOS but not Android.

I am replying to MOM...

Random user of goofans site & WoG gamer.

Maniac of osu!game now. Go MU as you want and just PM me.

Yeah, adding new levels to iOS manually shouldn't be hard at all (I haven't personally tried yet), just not with GooTool.

K thx u guys. Ill try it out later Wink

Hmm... Do you guys know why the apk isn't showing all files. When I try to edit it in WinRar, it has a bunch a files like: value, etc. And in them are xml files. No level folder

wogfan wrote:
the levels are not compiled so they're XMLs, you can edit them with notepad.

Oh OK. I'll edit them

@wogfan. Do you know where the levels XML is?