Infernofans.com problem (Solved)

20 replies [Last post]

I don't have little inferno so it's kinda useless to make this topic but when I try to open infernofans.com, my computer just freezes and I have to restart it. Same thing happens again and again. Do you know what causes this?

Edit: I found out that if I wait a few minutes my computer goes back to normal and I can surf through infernofans! Big smile Don't know what to do there though as I don't have the game. Tongue

Same thing happens with other sites also. Smile

My Profile

Oh wow that's pretty serious. I have no idea what could be wrong but which browser are you using?

Aurora. I think that might be causing the problem.

Edit: No Firefox didn't work either.

My Profile

Huh, Firefox works for me so it's not the browser. Which OS? (Just asking for anyone who might be able to identify the problem.)

Windows 7 Ultimate.

It used to work when the site started but now it doesn't.

My Profile

Only thing I can think of that's changed is the JavaScript. Maybe try disabling JavaScript in your browser? In any case, a website should never lock up your entire computer, since a system-wide freeze is a kernel problem, and browsers run in user space.

Turning off JavaScript on my browser didn't work either. Do you think its related to Adobe FlashPlayer?

My Profile

As far as I know there isn't any Flash on the site, with the possible exception of some ads. You could give disabling it a shot, though.

Ok, I thought it was done in JavaScript, but davidc says the stars on the site are animated using CSS transform. What versions of the browsers have you tried? I think it's some new HTML 2.0 thing, and an older browser may not be able to handle the newer CSS spec. I'm not sure if you can disable CSS transforms in your browser...

Even Flash ads can crash some versions of Firefox at the moment, but I've never heard of Firefox then crashing the computer. Does the border of the window seem to flash between two different colors for a moment before it dies, as if you're rapidly selecting and deselecting the window?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

@Puggsoy, Didn't work.

@MOM, I use Firefox 19.0 and Aurora 20.0a2

@AP, Nothing happened. It just crashes after staying in the site for 3-5 seconds.

I noticed that I can't open anything related to little inferno except tomorrow corporation. I found that out after I was looking for combos. (I torrent downloaded the game Tongue)

My Profile

Well, that's obviously the problem. Buy it legally. Tongue

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It started happening before I downloaded the game. My guess WoG doesn't like little inferno. Tongue I was just playing it so I can see the gameplay.

My Profile

You could've watched MOM's "Let's Play", or any others. There's even an official gameplay trailer.

In any case see if it works after uninstalling the game.

Wow it worked after deleting it! Smile

I still don't understand why it didn't work before I downloaded it though.

My Profile

Maybe because infernofans doesn't like the torrent downloaded games! Tongue

Actually to be precise, torrents themselves are fine, the Humble Store even has a torrent download. It's just that most of the time torrents are associated with pirated/illegal downloads.

I don't see how it would crash your entire PC when trying to view a website though, it's really weird.

I think something's wrong with my computer. There are a few sites I go in and crashes it. Might be because my computer is old. (Alas infernofans.com crashes my PC again. Tongue)

My Profile

Maybe a virus? Dunno. But if it's a really old computer, it may just be that newer browsers and hardware acceleration and stuff aren't working out with your graphics drivers.

There are lots of games I try to play but doesn't work because of my graphics card. I knew I had to buy a new one for games but didn't knew it was for sites also.

My Profile

Hmm, the new CSS transforms probably use hardware acceleration, or some facet of hardware acceleration like some games do, that your current graphics card doesn't support. That'd explain it. Anyways, sorry the site doesn't work for you. :/