Back to work! Goofans revolution!

118 replies [Last post]

RedTheGreen wrote:
I don't think it's creativity, but yes WoGle needs to be updated. I wish I had the source...

What are the new features that have been discovered in WoG that need implementing in WooGLE?

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Did Daft never respond to the email you sent him? Hmm.

I, too, wish that the latest version of the source was released, for all three editors, so I could have the latest versions to run on Linux here. (And any version at all of GooVIE would be cool!)

What happened to the fullscreen?

I dunno.

What fullscreen?

The Game was fullscreen now it's not.

I dunno.

You're talking about World of Goo? Just press [alt+enter] (if you're on Windows) in-game.

Oh Thanks!

I dunno.

Works on Linux, too. By the way, this forum topic is the completely wrong place to ask such a question, fyi. Wink

Hey! You missed me???
Now...For the first time ever here is....The super computer!!! that g0o-gle made a paradise. so now here in the most fancy presentation:

Windows 7!!!
With a upcoming adobe master collection and the maximum flexibilty to execute programs!

Linux!!
The well look form to boot of this penguin and the freedom of codes make you a progressive user!!!

Hackintosh!!!
the friend for your home edition, your speed and the best looking of all!!

And...Windows vista.

Now ...Back to work!!! Again!

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Wait... so you're quad-booting a computer? I hope you have a big hard drive... But other than that, cool. So what does this have to do with anything? Ehh, who cares at this point anymore. Have fun! Smile

Arghhh...Still trying to control linux...Is quite new to me!
Some Recommendations?
Also What is ".deb" file ?

Hey You!

Wait, Vista AND 7? Why? 7 is pretty much already XP that looks like Visa. Save some space and don't use Vista.

Recently i had vista only as my pc configuration.
I am saving vista for now if something goes wrong with OS.
But soon it will say bye!
By the way 443 GB is very big !

Hey You!

A .deb file is a debian package that you can install on your system if you have a Debian distribution of Linux. Basically, it's the equivalent of an .exe installer file. But if you're using Red Hat or Gentoo or some non-Debian-based distro of Linux, you can't really use the file easily (I think you ought to be able to manually install it, but I'm not sure exactly the details). What distribution of Linux do you have?

Ubuntu
Also other question...How i introduce commands in the console that contain"/"?
Example "cat/etc/issue"just give me nothing all the time.

Hey You!

Ah.

Yeah, you ought to be able to double-click the .deb file from within Nautilus (the file manager) to open it and install the file.

As for "/", that's just the folder separator for UNIX-like OS's. (Windows generally uses "\" instead). What your problem there is that you're supposed to type "cat /etc/issue" with a space. "cat" is a program that you're using to do stuff, while "/etc/issue" is a file path that you're using it on. A windows equivalent would be something like "C:\Users\Public\Documents" or something like that. UNIX doesn't use drive letters.

Thanks for the aclarations, still having problems with the adobe plug-ins

now i know how it feel to be at goofans and don´t do goomods, sincerely is very comfortable.And the same time you feel lazy.

Hey You!

G0o-gle wrote:
now i know how it feel to be at goofans and don´t do goomods, sincerely is very comfortable.And the same time you feel lazy.

Tongue You'll get used to it. I come for the awesome community.

Although I don't make mods, I'm pretty experienced in terms of actual hacking: the goomod filesystem as well, of course.

At many points I attempted to create a program for easy-goomodding, mainly for myself, but I always published it to the community. Unfortunately, only two of the four I made even got as far as the addin.xml. I fear I'm too lazy to finish anything...

...speaking of which, has anyone heard of a good zip file manager that runs through command-line arguments? This has NOTHING to do with a functional version, I swear! Innocent

EDIT: I'm trying to use 7za.exe, but I'm having trouble implementing the quotes in the path argument. That's code-speak for "I'm a cactus"

@G0o-gle: What does "aclaration" mean? It's not in my dictionary.

@RedTheGreen: 7-zip is a good choice afaik, but what exactly is the problem? does
7za.exe "path\to\goomod\.goomod"
not work? Or what exactly is the problem and what is it you're trying to do?

MOM4Evr wrote:
7-zip is a good choice afaik, but what exactly is the problem? does
7za.exe "path\to\goomod\.goomod"
not work? Or what exactly is the problem and what is it you're trying to do?

I got it to work after a few hours of not being able to. I eventually just created an external batch file, and ran that instead. I think it works out nicely. Big smile

The batch file's code eventually got to:

cd temp
7za.exe a -mx9 temp.zip "override\"
7za.exe a -mx9 temp.zip "compile\"
7za.exe a -mx9 temp.zip "merge\"
7za.exe a -mx9 temp.zip "addin.xml"
7za.exe a -mx9 temp.zip "text.xml"

EDIT: It still comes out as .goomod though, don't worry. Wink

Cool. Now all you need is a bash shell script for Linux and Mac that does the same thing, and you're set. Wink

Wouldn't it be nearly the same, with the same 7-zip command parameters? I thought it was system-independent.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Batch files aren't really system-independent. For example, there wouldn't be the .exe extension on the Linux and Mac versions. For the most part, it's similar, as MS-DOS is fairly similar to UNIX, but there would be some noticable differences.

Actually, if batch files are allowed by Wine, the application is already good for cross-platforming. I've included nothing with drive letters, it runs on .NET 2.0, and it's pretty friendly to other platforms as far as I'm concerned.

(Oh, and now I just need a moderator to publish it.)

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3754
YAY
Thanks, man. I'll try it out sometime soon and get back to you. Yeah, I would imagine batch files are allowed by Wine, since a lot of programs use them. I'll mess with it.

Yesterday i felt ill... ughhh...
anyway i have bad news...tan tan!!... I couldn´t install in the ipod a goomod
Maybe i missed something...hmmm
hey...mAYBE if i try it more and do it well i could...Make a illegal chapter 6 aplication!

Hey You!

Start to work in a new innovating level (As always Smile )That will keep fun to the maximum height.,

Hey You!

I found a new forum where i can ask about my stuff!
SEE YA!

Hey You!