Mom4Ever's Music!

17 replies [Last post]

Hey I just downloaded all the cool things from what used to be world of goo 2 and found Mom4Ever's awesome techno music! 2 things I wanna know about it:

1. What program did you use to make those? THEY ARE SO COOL!

2. Can I make remixes and add things to them?

The very curious Gooballs Of Fire. Wink

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Hi there!

Since I never officially documented it anyplace, I suppose I'd better describe each song in detail. Good call. Smile

Let me know if I'm missing any songs here, I think all the songs are in MOM_Songs-MOM_Songs3.zip. Though there may be some elsewhere because of my lack of organization. Tongue

MOM_Songs.zip:

MOM_Acknex.ogg - This is actually from a really old game demo, created 1995(ish?) called ACKNEX- meaning "ACK-3D Next Generation" by the "Jc/oP group of Germany". I got this on an old 3D game programming book's CD and ripped the song off it because it was catchy. AFAIK, the game was freeware, so this is legal. The company's been bought out, too, afaik, and nobody cares anymore. I recorded this with a mic against the speaker, which in retrospect loses quality.

MOM_All_The_Keen's_Men.ogg - Created by yours truly in this program called Psycle. It's actually a remix of a song from the game "Commander Keen Episode 6: Aliens Ate My Baby Sitter".

MOM_Doodling_The_Fence.ogg - Also created by me with Psycle.

MOM_Songs2.zip:

MOM_FD_BurnCircle.ogg - a MIDI from another demo program that someone made and got put on the ACK-3D CD. I think this project was pretty well abandoned soon after.

MOM_FD_Noname.ogg - Another song from the same demo as above.

MOM_Freakysong1.ogg - A (slightly obnoxious imo) song that I created in Psycle.

MOM_keenmusic2.ogg - Recorded while I was playing Commander Keen Episode 4 (an old freeware game made by id that id cares nothing about anymore). Lost some quality because I recorded with a mic, so meh.

MOM_keenmusic3.ogg - Another song from Keen4.

MOM_Psycle_CSD.ogg - A demo song that came with the Psycle program. I liked it, and since Psycle is freeware, I supposed it was too. Full name of the song is "Classic Sounds Demo", iirc.

MOM_Songs3.zip:

MOM_Psycle_MD.ogg - Another Psycle demo song: "Mixer Demo".

MOM_Psycle_TTSM.ogg - Another demo song: "Tweaking The Sound Mixer".

MOM_RandomSong.ogg - Another song I created in Psycle.

MOM_SuperFreaky.ogg - A terribly creepy song I made with Psycle. It still makes my neck hurt and my skin crawl.

MOM_The_Great_White_Bark.ogg - Probably one of my better songs. I created this one in Psycle, as well.

And the other two songs not in zipfiles:

MOM_BlueWolf-DreamTravel.ogg - The demo song "Dream Travel" by Blue Wolf from the freeware program LMMS (Linux Multimedia Studio). Repetitive, but I quite like it.

MOM_Chris-HorizonRemix.ogg - The demo song "Horizon Remix" created by Chris Bulman from LMMS. This is actually a remix of the song "Horizon4" created by Malex from the same program, and both of these are really cool songs that I like a lot. Interesting side note: I've contacted both Chris and Malex, and have become close friends with Malex over IRC and Skype, so if you want to contact either of them, I know how. Wink

-----

As far as I know, that's all the songs. Let me know if I missed any. As far as remixes and such, go for it! I don't mind if you make remixes, or do stuff with, any of the songs I made. In fact, that'd be kinda cool if you liked any of them that much. Smile As far as licensing, I'll say all of my songs are public domain, so do whatever you want with them. All the other songs, afaik, are freeware and such, so I'd say do what you like with them as well.

Cool! Thanks! I've been wanting to create some techno-ish songs but with my actual note program Finale 2011 it's doesn't have many synth fx. So I will download Psycle and use it to create more of my synth songs, but I will still use Finale for my actual playable songs.

Smile

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

I'll look through them sometime. I've been looking for some music for an app I'm making, and I haven't been able to find anything that fits yet.

I will say this, though: Psycle is pretty complex. Not the easiest piece of software to pick up, but you can do cool stuff with it.

Psycle complex? I just used the turorial last night and got so excited I stayed up till 12:05 am working on a basic song! It's simple enough for me and fun! Smile Laughing out loud

How can I get more instrument generators for Psycle? I want to find mroe drum sounds! Puzzled

Yeah, the drums are kinda limited at this point. Your best bet is to probably get some drum samples from freesound.org or something, and use those. That's the only thing I really disliked about Psycle; the default drums aren't too great. Ah, well. Good luck with the program! Smile

Can I download samples

I made goomods.

MOM4Evr wrote:
MOM_BlueWolf-DreamTravel.ogg - The demo song "Dream Travel" by Blue Wolf from the freeware program LMMS (Linux Multimedia Studio). Repetitive, but I quite like it.

So on this site, we can use freeware songs without copyright concerns? I doubt if this example would be a problem either way, but I want to clarify.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Creative Commons, like on wikipedia?

-_-

I mean that, say, I took a song from Cave Story (which is free) and put it in a mod. Would that be acceptable? I mean, Pixel still holds the copyright, even if he released it for free. Like what Kyle said on his soundtrack page.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

just have a sign post somewhere or a image saying that pixel wrote the song.

-_-

I'm not certain what license that Cave Story was released in, so I'd have to check. LMMS (And hence songs that come along with it unless specified otherwise, afaik) is released under the GNU GPL, which is goomod-compatible (also afaik), as GooTool WooGLE, etc, are released under the GPL also. And as goomods are .zip files anyway, all the XML "code" is released along with the package, which fits GPL from my understanding of it. Creative Commons is a different matter; I haven't looked into it, so I dunno. But if copyright isn't specified, it's safe to assume that you can't use it; like using another goomod's music without asking permission from the author first, for example.

I'm really bad with knowing if something is allowed to be used for a certain thing or not. But I've been wondering if something with this licence may be used for goomods, or any game/app I happen to make. That is, I wouldn't transform/edit it, but it would be heard alongside a visual product made by me.

Only problem with that license is that you couldn't make a goomod based off another goomod, since that would violate term 3 of the license. Basically, cloning any level but an original level would violate it. Puzzled

Sorry, what I was specifically talking about was music with that license. Would I be allowed to use music with that license in my goomod, and furthermore, in an app/game.

Yes, I assume so, since the goomod isn't really a derivative per se but a usage and distribution. And since listening to it and sharing it are fine, GooMods should be fine.

*armpump*

Now I know where to get my goomod music. Still wondering about using it in my own programs, but I got a guy whose music I can use anyway if I can't use this sort of CC licensed stuff.