Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative!!

89 replies [Last post]

He's saying that the validating tool didn't find those files. Tongue

I'm currently working on adding new test elements. Are there any that you wouldn't mind removed? I don't have much space on the item selection palette.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

What do you mean adding new test elements? As in new ideas for test chambers? If so, have I got ideas for you!... Wink

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

New test elements like cubes, panels, gels, turrets...

Well, laser field is included with fizzler in the context menu. The same goes for all the balls & gels, so they wouldn't be missed very much.

I also don't use piston/track platforms very often, but that might just be me.

What about actually making the King Turret a test element? That would be epic! You could make him as tall as an entire building, have flamethrowers, machine guns, bazookas/bomb throwers and shields, and all sorts of stuff! Laughing out loud

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

That would either never happen or would take several months to complete. Smile

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=73101168

Created a new map.

I can make him shoot Wheatley's angrybombs and Thermal Discouragement Beams, though. Let me start working on that.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Here's what I have so far...

Activate him, and he opens up and starts firing bombs that [if I get them working] can break glass and launch turrets. Deactivate, and he closes up.

THAT IS AWESOME!! Please send me the files for him once your done so I can use it in my tests!! Smile Shock

Almost done. Right now he has a tendency to fire into the ceiling. Puzzled

Albino, just a question . How you made it?

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

I found a giant turret model in the Other Downloads section of ThinkingWithPortals, and fixed it up a bit. Then I made it a prop_dynamic. When it gets an ACTIVATE signal, it uses the Deploy animation, then the Auto_Rotate one (which normal turrets lack). There's a big trigger_multiple in front, which fires a relay to pause the animation (by setting the Speed value to 0.0 ), wait 1 second, fire a bomb, wait one second, then set the speed back to 1. A DEACTIVATE signal shuts it down again.

If you want to download it (even though the trajectory isn't working yet), and see how it works, I have an instance here.

What if you researched how they made wheatley's bombs fire into the player? Then you could apply the same technique to the king turret for everything he shoots. Smile

I've been working on it, but it seems that the player would need to be level with the gun turret for that.

What I'm doing now is putting an invisible Faith Plate right under an invisible Box Spawner spawning the bombs. Or, more technically, a point_template and env_entity_maker making bombs, and a trigger_catapult flinging them.

send it to me!
you know my email.

-_-

Almost ready, just writing up the editor rules. You know, whether it takes up the whole square, whether it needs a wall behind it, et cetera.

If any of you would like to voice-act for it, just say a few turrety lines ("I see you", "Are you still there", "I'm on fire!", "No hard feelings") and email them to me, that would be great. The normal turret voice just doesn't quite fit.

Special bonus I'm adding in: the companion cube didn't sing before! Now it does. Smile

I also implemented a breakable glass panel. The original glass segments are hard coded, use this one instead. It breaks when hit, or when it receives an input. When broken, it fires an input, so it works as an OR gate.

Just deepen the original lines a bit. Tongue

I tried, but it just sounds...off. Inhuman, sort of. That's how they did GLaDOS's voice in the original Portal to make it sound so artificial, they bumped the pitch up and down a lot. That effect slowly disappears when you destroy the cores, and is mostly gone in Portal 2.

Oh, I never noticed.

That's pretty neat.

I might do some later for you then.

Thank you! I'll be sure to put your name in.

Please, please, please, please e-mail it to me when your done! This will make my test making complete!! MWHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! Ohhh that's tiring... Tongue

Gooballs, he linked the download page earlier. Just use that same link once he says he's done (ITT).

OH, ok. Unless he posts a new link when he says he's done. Tongue

FINISHED! Download from the old link and follow the instructions in the readme!

This includes an Animal King, plus breakable glass panels. My demo map (search FelixGriffin on the workshop, or just search Animal King) uses both, plus it shown how the excursion funnels work.

The breakable panels fire when broken, and also break on any input. This means that they work as logical OR gates.

Laughing out loud

I saw the demo map. That is quite amazing. Laughing out loud

I'll record some sounds later today.

EDIT: Here (raw voice files, edit as much as you'd like, and tell me if you need any more)

Thanks, Red! I'll add those in and upload a new version tomorrow!

It is tomorrow right? Tongue So did you add the sounds in yet? I wanna download it when it is absolutely finished. Smile

me, too. i think it is going to be awesome.

-_-