Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative!!

89 replies [Last post]

HEY EVERYONE!! The new simplified Portal 2 DLC/Level Editor is now out!! YAAAAY!!! Laughing out loud All you have to do is download the update to both portal 2 and the SDK kit for portal 2 off steam and your good to download as many new levels/create as many new levels as you want with ease!!

Not to mention, the editor makes levels that are compatible with Hammer, thus allowing you to still edit them in Hammer and make adjustments that wouldn't be possible in the simplified editor and merge it all into one massive Portal 2 mod!!

What do you all think?!? The overexcited Gooballs Of Fire! Smile Laughing out loud Tongue

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

i know, sin't it awesome!
too bad my Portal doesn't work.Tired
well, when life gives you lemons, make lemonaide.
LATER:
Alright, i've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your darn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Hendrik Henderson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

-_-

It's pretty cool. I'll be uploading a couple of levels later today.

I'll link em' here.

Also for all you others who don't have it, Steam is having all sorts of discounts going on for Portal stuff. Check the steam store page for all your Portal and Portal-related accesories.

(Good time for me to think about it too, I don't have Portal 2 for PC yet. Tongue)

It is teh best thing EVAR!!1!!!1!!!!11!!! I hope somebody here makes a Goofans themed level. Wink

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

hey gooballs of fire, what's your steam account? i made some levels, and we can share levels and everything!

James wrote:

(Good time for me to think about it too, I don't have Portal 2 for PC yet. Tongue)

yeah, i saw that it was on your wish list.

-_-

Done. Smile

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68524732

I tried to incorporate as many elements as possible. It's not too hard, but it might take a little bit of time.

i am trying to test i.
technical difficulties Tired

-_-

Kirdneh, I actually don't have a personal steam account. I'm borrowing my friend's (pyrodroid) search his name and you can friend him/me. Tongue So I'm doing all this without him knowing, but technically he would be fine with it. AND find out later this week. Smile

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

kirdneh wrote:
i am trying to test i.
technical difficulties Tired

I found out minutes ago that it's unfinishable. I re-uploaded it. If it's in your queue, you can play it from the menu. It should update automatically.

ok. trying it sometime today.

-_-

Okay, Red, I tried it now. Very nice test chamber, (a) I'd change having to redirect the laser over the portal surface in the last room, and (b) I'd add some indication of where to go in there--I kept infinite-looping and throwing the ball until I looked at the workshop image and saw the faithplate.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Alright, thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to change that later today.

I had to put this somewhere
Zeusking19] http://i.imgur.com/ile5I.gif

I made goomods.

Uh... gooey goo that link isn't working... Tongue

But it's not
Maybe this will work

Zeusking19 wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/ile5I.gif

I made goomods.

Nope... still not... Puzzled

. .
o-

I made goomods.

I fixed your links. BBCode doesn't work here. For future reference, just post the link by itself, the website will make it clickable automatically.

But anyway, that's unrelated to the thread. Don't post stuff in random threads just for the sake of it. If you do so again I'll delete it without warning, I let it go this time so that I could explain to you.

ugh, i hate Bronies. I have nothing wrong with my little ponies, but bronies are really starting to get on my nerves. some of them are adults, and if you say something like this they post something like, "Look, a pony/now your day is ruined!". it has NOTHING to do with Portal.
Nothing at all.

-_-

inb4 it's a reaction image
inb4 he probably isn't even a brony

Sorry.
I don't mind deleting it, but it's funny

Is this ok? http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6091/picture13kl.jpg

I made goomods.

Argh, now my copy is broken. It can't compile, because it's missing a file needed by the visibility checker.

Could someone post their copy of C:\Program Files (x86?)\Steam\steamapps\common\portal2\bin\vvis_dll.dll here? Steam refuses to redownload it. Puzzled

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

gooey goo wrote:
Sorry.
I don't mind deleting it, but it's funny

Is this ok? http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6091/picture13kl.jpg

Look, as long is it's related to the discussion it's OK. It's not related to the discussion, so it's not OK. Only in this case am I leaving it so that I can explain this to you.

Just posting something for the sake of posting it:

gooey goo wrote:
I had to put this somewhere

is annoying. Don't post something if it isn't clearly related to the discussion.

Ok then, You should ban me, go ahead Angry

I made goomods.

I can't. I'm just saying what you should and shouldn't do, since you don't seem to know it yet. It's fine, don't get angry, just try and remember these things next time.

@AP: http://files.redthegreen.com/vvis_dll.rar

I hope you can open up RAR files.

Thanks! Hopefully my lighting will work now.

You could've also just validated the engine cache files in steam.... but ok.

Somehow it didn't find the vvis and vrad dlls.

Yeah I had the same problem... But validating the game cache fixed the problem, it then downloaded those missing files. Wink