World of Goo Fan Sequel

193 replies [Last post]
Joined: 09/27/2011

On another post I was discussing about the idea about making another project similar to the NotWOG2 project in 2010. If anyone is interested just post here. If we get enough people we could create something pretty awesome.

EDIT:
Here is the list of members and how they are contributing to the project as of 25 December 2016:

-billy2000 (no longer part of the project): levels, graphics?, ideas
-gooey goo: graphics, gooballs,
-Jim2102: levels,
-Atomicbinary: gooballs,
-StarCastler: ?
-.SlipKnoT._2_2: music

Anyone is welcome to join the project, we need as many members as possible!

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 05/11/2011

I'd like to join in (I might give up, but it'd give me something World of Goo related to work on).

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 10/09/2012

This would be awesome! As we all know, WoG is dying more and more sadly Sad

So if we were to make a fan expansion, maybe we could get 2dboy to publish it as a full game, like the original NotWoG2 project was intended to do. If they release it as a full game, it could bring many people back to World Of Goo, as well as many new people. I like the idea very much Wink

My Goofans Profile: http://goofans.com/user/12662 | My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRS0EN7pT03qg99FxUnmVIg | World Of Goo rocks! Laughing out loud

Joined: 05/11/2011

As of now, I'm creating a level to upload to the website, to give it some life.
EDIT: I might try making some custom World of Goo art.
DOUBLE EDIT: The level is finished. Also, http://i.imgur.com/zv82kPW.png .

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 12/10/2016

I'm on board! I already came up with another species of goo!

http://imgur.com/MIgaPu4

GAMACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined: 09/27/2011

Jim2102 wrote:
This would be awesome! As we all know, WoG is dying more and more sadly Sad

So if we were to make a fan expansion, maybe we could get 2dboy to publish it as a full game, like the original NotWoG2 project was intended to do. If they release it as a full game, it could bring many people back to World Of Goo, as well as many new people. I like the idea very much Wink

Would 2D Boy really publish it? That would be so cool!

gooey goo wrote:
As of now, I'm creating a level to upload to the website, to give it some life.
EDIT: I might try making some custom World of Goo art.
DOUBLE EDIT: The level is finished. Also, http://i.imgur.com/zv82kPW.png .

Wow! That graphic looks amazing! Smile

Atomicbinary wrote:
I'm on board! I already came up with another species of goo!

http://imgur.com/MIgaPu4

That's actually a really cool idea!

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 12/10/2016

Hoo boy. This one took a while, but I love how it turned out.
http://m.imgur.com/jAnZVdy

GAMACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined: 09/27/2011

Atomicbinary wrote:
Hoo boy. This one took a while, but I love how it turned out.
http://m.imgur.com/jAnZVdy

Looks good! Smile

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 09/27/2011

We need to figure out who is going to do what; for example one member may do graphics and levels, another member does music and graphics etc.

I can do some levels and some basic graphics, and maybe some gooballs.

EDIT: We also need to come up with some ideas for the theme of the chapters and the plot and stuff like that

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 05/11/2011

Atomicbinary wrote:
I'm on board! I already came up with another species of goo!

http://imgur.com/MIgaPu4


From what I know, you can't make a goo ball be static when attached. It's either static or nonstatic. However, it's definitely possible to make a goo ball rust.
EDIT: While they won't be static, I have an idea to suspended them in the air.
billy2000 wrote:
We need to figure out who is going to do what; for example one member may do graphics and levels, another member does music and graphics etc.
I can do some levels and some basic graphics, and maybe some gooballs.
EDIT: We also need to come up with some ideas for the theme of the chapters and the plot and stuff like that

I think I can be in charge of creating goo balls (to be as accurate as possible) and turning level sketches into the art style of World of Goo.

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 09/27/2011

gooey goo wrote:

I think I can be in charge of creating goo balls (to be as accurate as possible) and turning level sketches into the art style of World of Goo.

Sounds good. I might add a list to the top of the topic of all the members of this project and how they are contributing.

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 09/27/2011

Does anyone have any ideas for the first chapter? I haven't thought of any yet. If we come up with a good idea, we can start making levels.

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 05/11/2011

Here's my attempt at making a screw ball

billy2000 wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas for the first chapter? I haven't thought of any yet. If we come up with a good idea, we can start making levels.

All I can really think of is a story where goo balls crash land on a planet, and have to explore it to repair a rocket. Meanwhile, the goo discover new species and dark secrets or whatnot.

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 10/09/2012

Well guys, looks like we have started a project! XD

Should we go to the GooFans IRC to discuss it? http://goofans.com/blog/201008/irc-chat

EDIT: If we could get 2DBoy to publish this, then World Of Goo would most likely live again. I may look into it

My Goofans Profile: http://goofans.com/user/12662 | My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRS0EN7pT03qg99FxUnmVIg | World Of Goo rocks! Laughing out loud

Joined: 05/11/2011

Jim2102 wrote:
Well guys, looks like we have started a project! XD

Should we go to the GooFans IRC to discuss it? http://goofans.com/blog/201008/irc-chat


We could, except I doubt we all live in the same area (Although I do believe it shouldn't be too hard to communicate with Billy2000 and AtomicBinary (At least I think that's their name).
To answer your edit (I have to admit I answered this surprisingly fast), I doubt we could get 2D boy to publish our goomod, let alone get ahold of them (but it might be still possible.
EDIT: Just asking, do we have an official story yet?
DOUBLE EDIT: So here's my idea for a story as of now:

It is ten years after the events of "World of Goo". The World of Goo corporation has disappeared after a while. Some say the corporation has been hunting new business opportunities, but nobody is sure. At the World of Goo corporation's old campus, disposed and failed goo balls start waking up, and explore the facility, hoping to find a way out...

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 09/27/2011

gooey goo wrote:

EDIT: Just asking, do we have an official story yet?
DOUBLE EDIT: So here's my idea for a story as of now:

It is ten years after the events of "World of Goo". The World of Goo corporation has disappeared after a while. Some say the corporation has been hunting new business opportunities, but nobody is sure. At the World of Goo corporation's old campus, disposed and failed goo balls start waking up, and explore the facility, hoping to find a way out...

That sounds like a good idea! Should this be for the first chapter?

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 05/11/2011

billy2000 wrote:
gooey goo wrote:

EDIT: Just asking, do we have an official story yet?
DOUBLE EDIT: So here's my idea for a story as of now:

It is ten years after the events of "World of Goo". The World of Goo corporation has disappeared after a while. Some say the corporation has been hunting new business opportunities, but nobody is sure. At the World of Goo corporation's old campus, disposed and failed goo balls start waking up, and explore the facility, hoping to find a way out...

That sounds like a good idea! Should this be for the first chapter?


It is for the first chapter. I also recommend making gooballs look like iterations of common goo, or some sort of messed up goo. All the goo balls have been sucked up and turned into drained goo, so I think it'd make sense if all goo balls in the first chapter resembled it.

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 08/15/2016

This looks like a cool idea! How can I help with it?

Joined: 05/11/2011

StarCastler wrote:
This looks like a cool idea! How can I help with it?

Well, maybe you can make goo ball concepts and level designs? I'm not too sure. Just look at what other people have decided to do, and do something similar. By the way, you could help with the story.

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 09/27/2011

gooey goo wrote:

It is for the first chapter. I also recommend making gooballs look like iterations of common goo, or some sort of messed up goo. All the goo balls have been sucked up and turned into drained goo, so I think it'd make sense if all goo balls in the first chapter resembled it.

Okay, I'm not really good at making gooballs, but I can start thinking of some ideas for levels.

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 09/27/2011

StarCastler wrote:
This looks like a cool idea! How can I help with it?

Yeah, I'll add you to the members list. You can help in any way you like.

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 12/10/2016

I almost interjected until i read your earlier comment. So iin essence they're now yellow goos that become regular black goos when they come into contact with water. Once again, excellent job man! You are fantastic!

GAMACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined: 10/09/2012

Idea for the story in chapter 1. The goo's from regurgitation pumping station were floating in space (WOG Ending Cutscene) when they land on the new planet. Then the main story starts

My Goofans Profile: http://goofans.com/user/12662 | My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRS0EN7pT03qg99FxUnmVIg | World Of Goo rocks! Laughing out loud

Joined: 09/27/2011

gooey goo wrote:

EDIT: Just asking, do we have an official story yet?
DOUBLE EDIT: So here's my idea for a story as of now:

It is ten years after the events of "World of Goo". The World of Goo corporation has disappeared after a while. Some say the corporation has been hunting new business opportunities, but nobody is sure. At the World of Goo corporation's old campus, disposed and failed goo balls start waking up, and explore the facility, hoping to find a way out...

Jim2102 wrote:
Idea for the story in chapter 1. The goo's from regurgitation pumping station were floating in space (WOG Ending Cutscene) when they land on the new planet. Then the main story starts

Both of these ideas sound good, it's gonna be hard to choose which one we're gonna use.

EDIT: It would probably make more sense to use Jim2102's idea because in the final cutscene of the original game it shows the gooballs from Regurgitation Pumping Station flying into space, which makes it feel like the story of the original game isn't complete, so it would make more sense to reveal where they went.
DOUBLE EDIT: We could still probably use both if we had two parts to it, like if Chapter 1 and 2 were the first part (Jim2102's idea) and Chapter 3 and 4 being the second part (gooey goo's idea)

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 10/09/2012

We could use mine for chapter 2 then, which will be where the "other"gooballs landed

My Goofans Profile: http://goofans.com/user/12662 | My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRS0EN7pT03qg99FxUnmVIg | World Of Goo rocks! Laughing out loud

Joined: 05/11/2011

Jim2102 wrote:
We could use mine for chapter 2 then, which will be where the "other"gooballs landed

So, my story is the first chapter, and you story is the second chapter? Seems like a good compromise.

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 09/27/2011

I might start making a few levels for both chapters. I'll send some screenshots when I'm done or post them on GooFans.

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 05/11/2011

I think .SlipKnot._2_2 might do some music. I don't guarantee this, but they might.

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 09/27/2011

gooey goo wrote:
I think .SlipKnot._2_2 might do some music. I don't guarantee this, but they might.

That would be good, it would be nice to have fan music too.

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Joined: 05/11/2011

I just realized, there are five people, and five chapters. If we finish the story, we could have one member make one chapter.
EDIT: I think the person who's making the first chapter finish that first, then the person doing the second chapter does that, and so on. Mainly so there's a goo ball consistency.

I give critique to recent levels.

World of Goo 1/2 Chapter 2 is finally here!

Joined: 12/10/2016

billy2000 wrote:
gooey goo wrote:

EDIT: Just asking, do we have an official story yet?
DOUBLE EDIT: So here's my idea for a story as of now:

It is ten years after the events of "World of Goo". The World of Goo corporation has disappeared after a while. Some say the corporation has been hunting new business opportunities, but nobody is sure. At the World of Goo corporation's old campus, disposed and failed goo balls start waking up, and explore the facility, hoping to find a way out...

Jim2102 wrote:
Idea for the story in chapter 1. The goo's from regurgitation pumping station were floating in space (WOG Ending Cutscene) when they land on the new planet. Then the main story starts

Both of these ideas sound good, it's gonna be hard to choose which one we're gonna use.

EDIT: It would probably make more sense to use Jim2102's idea because in the final cutscene of the original game it shows the gooballs from Regurgitation Pumping Station flying into space, which makes it feel like the story of the original game isn't complete, so it would make more sense to reveal where they went.
DOUBLE EDIT: We could still probably use both if we had two parts to it, like if Chapter 1 and 2 were the first part (Jim2102's idea) and Chapter 3 and 4 being the second part (gooey goo's idea)

Ok ok ok, going off of gooey goo's idea, the goo balls from rps end up on the goo planet. Now the gooballs are trying to all band together to build a giant tower. Why? So they can build all the way to the world of goo so they can take the goos still there with them. Obviously one planet of goos isn't enough to make it back home, so they build up to new planets along the way to pickup new goos to keep on going.

GAMACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!