World of Goo Fan Sequel

193 replies [Last post]

gooey goo wrote:
I just realized, there are five people, and five chapters. If we finish the story, we could have one member make one chapter.
EDIT: I think the person who's making the first chapter finish that first, then the person doing the second chapter does that, and so on. Mainly so there's a goo ball consistency.

That's a great idea! We just need to work out who is doing each chapter.

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

I don't know. I'm still stuck on the story XD.

I guess to keep things organized, I'll make a google docs folder, so people can put in resources necessary.
EDIT: Don't think this link was needed yet.

I made goomods.

I can make a few levels for the chapters. Btw do any of us have Skype? If so, then we could make a group chat, and it would be way more efficient to communicate and share files and such

Yes, I have Skype.

I do not have skype, but I do have a discord account, which has both voice chat and text chat.

GAMACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim2102 wrote:
I can make a few levels for the chapters. Btw do any of us have Skype? If so, then we could make a group chat, and it would be way more efficient to communicate and share files and such

I don't have Skype unfortunately. What are some of your level ideas so far?

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

I have skype, but I hardly use it. On the other hand, I also have facebook, which I do use.

I made goomods.

I could make the music Smile

Nerdy Z is coming.

I'm still not sure what the story is XD

I made goomods.

.SlipKnoT._2_2 wrote:
I could make the music Smile

Awesome! That would be excellent Smile

Merry Christmas everyone! Also, for the chapters, should we do the seasons (like Summer, Fall/Autuum, Winter, and Spring)? Or should we do something different?

Jim2102 wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone! Also, for the chapters, should we do the seasons (like Summer, Fall/Autuum, Winter, and Spring)? Or should we do something different?

While it would be nice, I have the feeling that this project will most likely take place on different planets, and because these planets most likely have different seasons at different times, keeping track of the seasons may not be easy.

I made goomods.

I'm probably not going to be on GooFans for quite a while because I am taking a break from it, I don't know how long I will be gone. You guys are welcome to continue this project if you want to.

I have a level concept! Not sure where this could go but it uses some custom Goo.

I can't demonstrate this now, but when I can, I can create levels that are unlocked by getting OCD.

EDIT: Nice video, StarCastler! The new goo seems nice (the colour looks nice, but you might want to finish the rest of the textures), but I really like the idea of night levels.

I made goomods.

@gooey goo. I'm assuming your making most of the graphics? If so, if you send me some images I can make the levels. And about the planets thing, we could have different goo planets, like maybe a Mars type goo planet with alien goo? Or something like that?

Jim2102 wrote:
@gooey goo. I'm assuming your making most of the graphics? If so, if you send me some images I can make the levels.

You could send me a rough sketch of a level (labels would be nice to figure out what's what).
Jim2102 wrote:
And about the planets thing, we could have different goo planets, like maybe a Mars type goo planet with alien goo? Or something like that?

Personally, I think it should just be one planet, like the original NotWOG2 project. But having multiple planets would be cool. However, if we did planets, there would probably be a lot of levels for one planet (because one planet would have more than just 12 levels).

I made goomods.

Ok sweet

Does anybody know where we'll put our sources?

This includes levels, art, Goo, storylines.

I made goomods.

I'm not sure if Google Drive would work well or not, but we could try that?

Well, I tried making a chapter, but it didn't seem to work. I'll just explain what I mean.
Incompletable Unlocked Levels:
What it does: Let's say there's two levels. You go to one level, but there's not enough goo to finish it. You go play the other level, and complete. Then, you go to the first level again, and surprisingly enough, you have enough goo to finish it!
How it's done: Because goo balls have id's, you can assign them pipecon id's. This means that they don't appear until a level is unlocked. In the example I gave, the gooballs in the first level would have pipecon id's, so that you'd have to unlock the level after the second level to complete the first one.
EDIT: Welp. I tried to do this, but goo will appear regardless. Oh well.
OCD Unlocked Levels:
What it does: Let's say you just complete a level, and another level is unlocked. However, a box is in front of the level, preventing you from completing it. Curious, you go back to the original level and get OCD. When you get back to the island screen, the box is gone, and the level is playable.
How it's done: A button is put ontop of the OCD unlocked level, so when you try to click the level button, you click the one ontop instead. This button is also attached to geometry. Like the previous example, this takes advantage of goo ball id. This time, it's the ocd id. An explosive goo is attached to the button ontop of the OCD level,and sits in fire. When ocd is unlocked on the original level, the explosive goo explodes, and the OCD level is playable.

Sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing. I tried.

I made goomods.

Hmm, I like the OCD unlocked level idea the most. Maybe we could dive deeper into the subject and maybe figure out how to do it...

Sorry for being pesky about this, but what's the story? There's a couple different alterations of it, so I'm wondering which one we're using.

Also, where do we put our resources for the project?

I made goomods.

I guess we could use Google Drive...

Another level concept, this one I think can go further. For now I'm going with the new planet storyline for my levels, even if that's not the whole story.

Only problem is everything gets unstable at the end... Tongue

Also, I need some tips for the custom art, I've been having a little trouble with that part.

To answer your question about art...
https://

It's difficult for me to actually record my steps, so I'll explain what I did I the video.
Step 1: Make a sketch of what the level will look like.
Step 2: Use the path tool to create an outline of your level.
Step 3: If you haven't done it already, use the colorize tool to set the colour for the level.
Step 4: Use the path tool again to create some stripes. To prevent from doing too much work, copy and pasting can be done. However, it won't look as good as the in-game art does. change the opacity if needed.
Step 5: Draw some black around the edges, use a Gaussian blur at a value of around 75, then select the level and delete any of the excess shadow. Change the opacity if needed.
Step 6: Copy the level, select it, then use stroke selection. The delete any unnecessary lines. Delete everything except for the outline. Change the opacity if needed.
Step 7: Add noise for better effect.
Step 8: Use the path tool for the grass.
Step 9: Do step 5, but for the grass. You can also use the colour white if it looks better.
Step 10: Do Step 6, but for the grass.

I made goomods.

Thanks Gooey Goo! I've been working with those steps, and it's helped tremendously.

Potentially of interest may be files from the old project from around 2010: http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/public-discussion/2873

Also, more level concepts!

*Poosh!*
https://

For those interested in how I make art.

I made goomods.

Gooey Goo, how can we improve communications? I'm on the web chat right now if you want to chat about this project.

I'm having trouble getting the whistle to work in WooGLE, does anyone know what I can do to get the whistle to work when I'm testing my levels?