World of Goo Fan Sequel

193 replies [Last post]

Click multiple times? I don't really know. Also, is anybody still working on this?

I made goomods.

I'm still working Tongue

Tada! New level!

StarCastler wrote:

Tada! New level!

You should really publish some of these levels, they're really good.

If you don't publish this, could I upload the addin and make you author?

I made goomods.

I made some more additions after you sent it to me so I guess I could publish this. I'll try to work on another level soon and get that up too. Honestly that level is the best I've got so far. Tongue

Here's a level image for anybody interested: http://imgur.com/zQzPvG0

I made goomods.

I know it's a little late, but if there's anything I could do to help?
I've been working on my chapter and looking for info how to make it when I ran into this!
I'd LOVE to work on this with you guys, if it's still going.

...is it?

It's sorta still going, not many people still here though. I'd love to keep working on this, but I'm thinking this project won't be finished for a while at this rate.

I'd love help though!

Any thoughts on a storyline?

Hm... This is a toughie, but I think I have one.

I was for a couple days working on a "WoG2" kind of thing, when I trashed it for my new idea.

Basically the storyline was the gooballs from Chapter 1 found a new planet, and found new species of goo.

The WoGCorp. was going to use this new goo for advertisement, to raise money for "WoGCorp. 2.0!"

At first the gooballs help, transporting gooballs from this other planet to the original World of Goo.

But after the gooballs realized these gooballs were turned into drinks (hints within the original game point out that people actually drink goo), they realized that WoGCorp. had to be stopped.

Like I said, this just came from scratch, but it's something!

Sampson375 wrote:
Hm... This is a toughie, but I think I have one.

I was for a couple days working on a "WoG2" kind of thing, when I trashed it for my new idea.

Basically the storyline was the gooballs from Chapter 1 found a new planet, and found new species of goo.

The WoGCorp. was going to use this new goo for advertisement, to raise money for "WoGCorp. 2.0!"

At first the gooballs help, transporting gooballs from this other planet to the original World of Goo.

But after the gooballs realized these gooballs were turned into drinks (hints within the original game point out that people actually drink goo), they realized that WoGCorp. had to be stopped.

Like I said, this just came from scratch, but it's something!

I like the idea! However, there might be a gameplay issue. The first part would be easy, bringing goo balls to the WoGCorp through pipes. However, when they realize the WoGCorp is evil, what do they do? There's a couple options for finishing levels other ways.
-Completing a level by destroying all non-static geometry.
-Completing a level by reaching a certain height.
-Completing a level by getting two pieces of geometry to collide with each other.
By the way, there's other ways you can use the first alternate way to complete a level. You could make it so that there's certain goo that you have to get rid of. I'll find the level as an example. Also, I think this should be one really long chapter, instead of multiple chapters. It'd be similar to something like some of Inwog's addins.

I made goomods.

I'd have to disagree on that, because if it was just was one chapter, it wouldn't feel like an entirely new game. Sad

On the story, I had really only planned the beginning... but if any of you knew how to finish it, that would be nice. Smile

Sampson375 wrote:
I'd have to disagree on that, because if it was just was one chapter, it wouldn't feel like an entirely new game. Sad

On the story, I had really only planned the beginning... but if any of you knew how to finish it, that would be nice. Smile

I guess it'd be nice to have multiple chapters. Anyway, here's my idea for the chapters:
Chapters 1-3: These chapters would take place on a main planet of sorts, allowing the player to discover never-before seen goo balls, and send them to the corporation
Chapter 4: Unlike most of the other chapters, this chapter takes place at the corporation itself, the WoGCorp 2.0. This is where the goo balls realize the WoGCorp's scheme. To free the goo balls that are trapped, a make-shift pipe system is made to send the other goo balls to. Some levels are also about destroying goo capsules. At the end, the goo sent to the makeshift pipe system release all the collected goo into space.
Chapter 5: This chapter is about reuniting the goo from the WoGCorp with the goo from the planet. Most levels would consist of destroying space junk, or reaching the top of a level. The final level would consist of both goo balls meeting together. Either goo stays stranded in space, or goo returns to the goo planet.
You decide.

I made goomods.

I think them meeting at the end and going to this new planet would be a great ending!

I read your post and I already had some ideas for some chapters.

I'll let you know about them in a sec. Wink

(I'll also be working on a secret project, so I may be busy.)

Hello there! Is it okay if I can join in on this fan sequel to World of Goo? Ever since I've completed the final stage of World of Goo (Observatory Observation Station), I always felt like there was something missing...Until now. If I could join, you know, help make stages, story, and goo balls, then I'd be happy to help! If it's okay. I already have a bunch of ideas, and I like the story, too!

philiplolz wrote:
Hello there! Is it okay if I can join in on this fan sequel to World of Goo? Ever since I've completed the final stage of World of Goo (Observatory Observation Station), I always felt like there was something missing...Until now. If I could join, you know, help make stages, story, and goo balls, then I'd be happy to help! If it's okay. I already have a bunch of ideas, and I like the story, too!

No Problemo! Besides, the more, the merrier. I guess.

If anybody has custom level ideas, I'd be happy to draw them, that is, if I have the time to do it.

I made goomods.

This story idea sounds really good! I think we should go with that.

Here's an idea! Instead of WOGC being a mini-game, like a "build the tallest tower" challenge, let's put it where Chapter 4 was. And let WOGC be replaced by something called "Tower of Goo" or something like that, where (besides graphics) it's exactly like the concept of WOGC.

That way, WOGC can be a playable chapter!

I'm not sure how well that would work, I think it would give us a "Cheater" badge if we modified WOGC.

How about we keep Tower of Goo Memorial Park and Recreation Center?

I've been thinking about some chapter ideas, and I'd like your response.

Chapter 1: Sky-High Mountains (Where the gooballs land)

Chapter 2: (I haven't made a name yet, but it has to do with a desert)

Chapter 3: Transportation Innovation (EDIT: Where the gooballs transport to the WoGCorp2.0 )

Chapter 4: World of Goo Corporation 2.0

Chapter 5: The Travel Home

You can make changes if you want, but this is just my draft. Smile

I've been wanting to work on NotWoG2 for a while, and I have some ideas.

I was wondering if there was anyone who could give me some art (like platforms, gooballs, etc.) so I could start with some concept ideas.

That'd be greatly appreciated. Smile

Do you want some backgrounds? I need them as well so I'll try to whip some up soon.

Most of the levels I have worked on so far would fit in PERFECTLY to the 4 chapter/WoGC 2.0.

I think that that we should stick with this story and just go with it.

I think "Cave of Old Tech" would be PERFECT for Chapter 4!

Also, thanks! I would appreciate the art for my level ideas!

I'm also working on a solo project called "The Undiscovered Lands" so I'll be swapping back and forth in between the two.

I just made a little background, I'll put it up somewhere so you can download it.

EDIT:
Got it up here:
http://imgur.com/bNo7Vy3

I'm a little busy, but I will try to use it for the project (just figured out how to create my own platforms)

To gooey goo-

I made a platform similar to yours in the tutorial you made. May I use it?

I made a stage called "Sneak Peak", and I updated the textures! Smile

Take a look at version 2.0! Laughing out loud

Nice art! You missed one thing though, you have to clean up the excess blur otherwise it looks weird in-game. Just select around the edge of the object and then go back up to the blur layer and clear the mess off. I'll try to make a video to explain this more later.

I'll also put a little trick I found on how to create the outline in this video. (Assuming I make it Tongue)