Is WOG2 still alive?

13 replies [Last post]

Im just curious but is WOG 2/ Expansion still going to come out? i mean the WOG 2 forum has just gone down and I remember watching you guys make posts on the WOG 2 project forum. Anyway let me know!

- Jim2102 Wink

Nope, it's been dead for quite some time. See http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/public-discussion/2873 for the release-ish sorta thing.

Cool MOM4Evr!

But is there a simpler way of installing it? Its just, I dont want to spend 4 hours dragging all of these files into the levels folder

Hmm...

Can you tell me how to install it? Theres lots of files where I don't know where they go :/

BTW do you mind if I make a video about Wog2? I wont give the download link if you dont want me to, we could just keep it a private mod. Also is 2Dboy cool with this mod? Cuz im afraid if they see it, ill be in trouble. lol Wink

2D Boy has asked that people not use "WoG 2" in their mod names, hence the big disclaimer on the AP download page, and this mod officially being renamed to "NotWog2".

Other than that, they're fine with modding, and have supported it in small ways (such as allowing levels to be launched from the command line on Windows).

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Jim2102: There's no way to install it. It's just a bunch of files.

I've packaged a lot of James' levels here and my levels here and here, but there's no goomod package because a lot of what was done was art or new Goo Balls, and not really all that many levels.

OK thx I'll try installing it. BTw what are the other PNG images for like menuys.PNG or something. Also 2 more questions:

1: do I have to put the music in and the other stuff

2: in this project are there chapters?

Nvm. One more question tho. Where do I put the chapter folders?

Hmmm....

Theres no real way of playing this mod. When I installed everything it just crashes. Unless there is a way to install this easily, this mod is pretty much dead ;/

Id still like to play it i mean play it with the new chapters, i already tries yours and James levels MOM4Evr but i want to play theze onez Wink

OK o decided to get the chapters you said MOM4Evr and they are awesome. I'm already make a trailer sorta thing

I've condensed all your comments into one. Please don't post a comment if you've already posted one right before it. That's what the Edit button is for.

Jim2102 wrote:
BTw what are the other PNG images for like menuys.PNG or something.

I dunno. Look at them.

Jim2102 wrote:
1: do I have to put the music in and the other stuff

You don't HAVE to put the music anywhere. It's just music. You can listen to it, put it in levels of your own, etc.

Jim2102 wrote:
2: in this project are there chapters?

No. This is a random jumble of a whole lot of art, music, and maybe a few levels in various stages of disrepair. This is not an addin. This is not a level. This is not a chapter.

Jim2102 wrote:
Nvm. One more question tho. Where do I put the chapter folders?

There are no chapter folders.

Jim2102 wrote:
Theres no real way of playing this mod. When I installed everything it just crashes. Unless there is a way to install this easily, this mod is pretty much dead ;/

This is not a mod. You aren't supposed to install anything.

Jim2102 wrote:
Id still like to play it i mean play it with the new chapters, i already tries yours and James levels MOM4Evr but i want to play theze onez Wink

There are no new chapters. The levels I packaged were basically all the levels we had. If you find some more buried in there and can play them, then great.

k sorry :/

Ok I found out how to finally say this. Where do I put all these files? Do I need a custom WOG to play them?

NO! they cant be played!!!!! its just resources! its not finished and now abandoned!!
please read...

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

Oh ok. They were just random files that were never meant to be played, unless someone took it over

Exactly.

Hmm... I might mess around with it sometime but I'm busy making levels and stuff right now

well you can use some of the stuff inside to make levels!

P.S. why all the recent mods are all level mods? why anyone does not make themes anymore!?

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!