Badges related to the forum!

19 replies [Last post]

I got some new ideas for badges.They can only be achieved by a moderator giving you that badge.Almost all moderators should have the first badge.They are:

"Helpfull poster"If a moderator decides that you post helpful posts,you get this badge.

"Spammer"If you're spamming smileys,text,or anything but advertising(ban for that),moderator marks you to have this badge.

I think these are pretty good ideas.If you put them,I will Party and eat Sushi (kidding).

Thanks for reading and please comment Big smile

Crazeh man!

theese are really good, i think.

Thanks for the comment,I hope everybody else likes them Laughing out loud

Crazeh man!

Good ideas but i don't think davidc has the time and will to implement those in to goofans

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Thanks,can't you add new features? Puzzled

Crazeh man!

Um, no. I don't think he can. Moderators aren't all-powerful, you know.
Hmm, I think if these were implemented, a whole bunch of those second ones would be handed out without many of the first...

I know that mod's aren't all-powerfull.The only more powerful contributors are admins.The only admin is Mr.Croft.The thing is that there already is a drupal module for badges,and a badge that can be put on by moderators,the cheater badge.All we need is to add the almost same code as to the cheater badge,just remove some lines,and change it's picture properties.Actually,I was thinking about new users when I was writing this topic.Since the people who post regulary will get one of those two badges,then the new user will know who to trust.

Actually,spammers are really dangerous.On Newgrounds forums,one troll answered to a topic about a problem with transparent gif problem.The answer was some thing like this:

"The only way to solve this is to delete system32 folder"

And the guy deleted his folder,that eventually deleted Windows.His computer got fixed,the troll was banned.But still,that was damage to his computer,it lost all it's memory.

Spammers and trolls are really dangerous.

P.S.Lol,long post.Took some time to write Big smile

Crazeh man!

New badges!

"Ultra spammer"If you been banned,you get this badge.

"Evil troll"If you get all the bad badges(Spammer,Ultra spammer,Cheater),you get this badge.

They will help to new users,and to show that spammers will not het their liks clicked.

I will do the pictures soon!

Crazeh man!

Actually, I think whoever making the upgrade will need access to the server, via FTP or something. (Maybe Mr. Croft should make the site open-source? lol)

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Well,I'm just sugessting! Wink

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

That's right, you need file-level access to the server. Only davidc may install updates on the live system, so unless he finds the time (and provided that he is interested in the mentioned changes in the first place) new badges are not going to happen.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

I'm happy to add the "helpful poster" badge if someone e-mails me an image (cyan).

I'm not going to add the other one; spam posts can already be deleted and users blocked, so it's more of an unnecessary slap in the face.

-davidc

I second to everything thB said and I would like to add: How would ones post look like if he already has 5 standard badges (like thB and me) + the yellow ones + any new ons...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Yeah. Already I feel bad if I make a really short comment, because there's all that space taken up by the badges... Makes me feel like I should write a few paragraphs to have something worth saying. Wink

Now I would LOVE to have that badge Wink

Could the image be a black sign with a white border and white writing, to match the style of the others? Also for the text there seems to be too much spacing between characters for some reason.

Regarding the other comments about forum post height, I agree. Any suggestions how to fix this? I was thinking perhaps replacing them with a horizontal row of smaller versions of the badges (without the text), and showing the full badge when you mouseover them.

-davidc

what about 'badge trading'? I'ts like you get all three of the blue badges, all three are replaced by a dark blue badge.

sane for the yellow badges, get all three and your yellows get replaced by an orange badge**

*sorry cheaters, the 'take away and get cheater badge" rule would still apply
**architect badges wolud be discluded, as they would replace themselves

fr n00bs, badges are here
-the entire goomaster incorperation.

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

All that vertical space taken up by the badges has also always bothered me when posting a short comment... Maybe badges should be slightly scaled down so that all 6 do nicely horizontally fit below the signature? Only if they still look good afterwards, of course. Hope there are some higher-res originals somewhere.
Personally I don't think that a mouseover is a very good solution.

Edit: On the other hand, some people around here have pretty lengthy sigs...

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment