The new Spam Filter...

4 replies [Last post]

We've recently added a new Spam filter to the forums and pages...
However it may be being a bit "paranoid"... some of the log files seem to show it blocking "real" messages from some users.
Let us know if it's giving you trouble....

Edit: If it will let you post to tell us that...

Due to the last number of false positives, I've disabled it for the moment. Apologies for the inconvenience.

The idea is, if it thinks something MIGHT be spam, it's supposed to give you a CAPTCHA to prove you're human. And if it thinks something is DEFINITELY spam, it will block it outright. Unfortunately a number of posts have erroneously fallen into the last category.

I have raised a support ticket with Mollom to see if this can be solved.

David

Hmm... I haven't noticed much of a spam problem. Maybe whatever was there before was effective? Drupal isn't as common as some of the other forum software, so it seems to receive less spam.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

GMMan wrote:
Hmm... I haven't noticed much of a spam problem. Maybe whoever was there before was effective?

fixed it.
namely: Pavke, thB, Daft as Brush, ...

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

Hmm.. That's an interesting way of looking at it. I guess I've been too used to the ineffective spam management at the 2DBoy forums.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!