Progress report on the chapter addin and some questions

11 replies [Last post]

While editing the levels I thought of different mechanics and how some stuff could work differently. The level mechanics will be a bit different than I previously intended because they seemed a bit too simple when I first developed them, but the concept will mainly be the same.

For example the semy circle level, it will still be the second level of the chapter but it might as well be the hardest level in the chapter. I myself haven't finished the level because it's so hard. The changes are that the clouds will no longer be platforms but will have antigravity in them, making it a bit more challenging, thought I did place a platform at the start of the level. Flying up level will have no platforms, instead you'll see balls going inside the cloud and up out again.

I have a few things to change for most of the levels but generally speaking they are finished.

AP, I kinda forgot your email address again. Was it albinopokey[at]gmail[dot]com?

I have one problem in one level that I cannot resolve, so as soon as I can I'll upload it on Dropbox and give the link here. The priblem is that a machine I made keeps on wobbling and messes up thw rest of the level. I think it might be something to do with Gooproduct goo balls being attached but I'm not sure.

The other levels work just as intended. I will make some small changes thought.

About other promised stuff I wanted to make:

Wiki-world - I don't have many level ideas for this and some chapters are just completely ridiculous. Instead of making another MWV with 5 chapters, I'll put wiki levels into one chapter, which then will be thw final chapter of the world that will have the chapter I'm currently working on, The Goo Giant Plant.

Long ago I thought to make a short 3D movie, right? Well firstly I have worked with blender and made some stuff, but my skill level is not enough to make this movie and I completely scrapped the idea of it, because it's so ridiculous. Whether I'll make a fan WoG movie idk. Right now it stands with no, as I have no good ideas. Whatever I might have mentioned about 'Destroyer' level, just don't mention it.

I also thought to continue Tacomann13's world and chapters, but honestly, I have no good level or chapter ideas for that. I think it's something we all should work with in future, to remember him.

That's all I got right now. If you have any questions, please do ask. If you can help me in anybway for the development of my MWV and/or chapter please valounteer, I'd be glad to get some extra help.

The priblem is that a machine I made keeps on wobbling and messes up thw rest of the level.

More details please?

That email address is correct.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Mygod wrote:

The priblem is that a machine I made keeps on wobbling and messes up thw rest of the level.

More details please?

Just see it for yourself, here is the level: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3xc19m6pxbfay3/com.goofans.Wikigoo4evr.PropSh...

Btw, sorry for misspelling stuff and such. I was typing on my phone and you know how phones work!

Ok Wiki,
in the version you've uploaded are a few mistakes.
You forgott to set the "bounce", "histop" and "lostop" values of the hinge holding the "platformRight". I'd suggest to use the same as in Hang Low.
The two anchorsticky goos are not touching the basket.
The image of the basket isn't in the right spot. Copy paste the centre of the compositgeom in the "imagepos" value.

The wobbling basket:
Dynamic geometrys with a low mass always tend to wobble if they are attached to a sticky goo-structure.
In this case using a mass of 100 for each childelement of the compositegeom will stop that shaking. But it will get you a new problem, the basket will hang down low and at the beginning it will have a little bungie jump. Using a forcefield with geomonly=true to reduce the weight of the basket should do the trick.

goomatz wrote:
Ok Wiki,
in the version you've uploaded are a few mistakes.
You forgott to set the "bounce", "histop" and "lostop" values of the hinge holding the "platformRight". I'd suggest to use the same as in Hang Low.
The two anchorsticky goos are not touching the basket.
The image of the basket isn't in the right spot. Copy paste the centre of the compositgeom in the "imagepos" value.

The wobbling basket:
Dynamic geometrys with a low mass always tend to wobble if they are attached to a sticky goo-structure.
In this case using a mass of 100 for each childelement of the compositegeom will stop that shaking. But it will get you a new problem, the basket will hang down low and at the beginning it will have a little bungie jump. Using a forcefield with geomonly=true to reduce the weight of the basket should do the trick.

Okay, but what about the Albino chain I made? It's constantly loose. I don't know how much further I need to stretch the goos from each other so that the chain won't snap, yet would be almost straight.

And btw, what were you talking about copy paste center of compositegeom into inagepos? Cause this is what it copied and pasted from the center:

And weirdly, when I moved the basket image around a bit, the imagepos automatically put some coordinates in on its own (or whatever the number represents).

One last thing: are you talking about the gravity forcefield or do I need to make a new forcefield. If I need to make a new one, then do I make a linear or radial forcefield?

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

Okay, but what about the Albino chain I made? It's constantly loose. I don't know how much further I need to stretch the goos from each other so that the chain won't snap, yet would be almost straight.

The problem is that the strands will have the length you gave them and then will be stretched at the levelbeginning. The only way, I can think of to get a tense chain of Albinos, is to shorten the chain and get it tensed mechanically after the levelbeginning.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

And btw, what were you talking about copy paste center of compositegeom into inagepos? Cause this is what it copied and pasted from the center:
<compositegeom id="geometry2" image="IMAGE_SCENE_PROPSHIFTER_SHIFTINGBOX" imagepos="837.83,626.61" material="rock" rotation="0.0" static="false" x="900.12" y="623.18">

You forgot the code tags Wink
The centre of the compositegeom is at x="900.12" y="623.18" while the imagepos is at x="837.83" y="626.61".
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

And weirdly, when I moved the basket image around a bit, the imagepos automatically put some coordinates in on its own (or whatever the number represents).

WooGLE puts in the coordinates for you if you drag and drop the image. What's so weird about that? Tongue
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

One last thing: are you talking about the gravity forcefield or do I need to make a new forcefield. If I need to make a new one, then do I make a linear or radial forcefield?

Use a new linearforcefield. If you delete the size and centre attributes you will get a forcefield affecting the hole level.

goomatz wrote:
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

The problem is that the strands will have the length you gave them and then will be stretched at the levelbeginning. The only way, I can think of to get a tense chain of Albinos, is to shorten the chain and get it tensed mechanically after the levelbeginning.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

<compositegeom id="geometry2" image="IMAGE_SCENE_PROPSHIFTER_SHIFTINGBOX" imagepos="837.83,626.61" material="rock" rotation="0.0" static="false" x="900.12" y="623.18">

You forgot the code tags Wink
The centre of the compositegeom is at x="900.12" y="623.18" while the imagepos is at x="837.83" y="626.61".
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

WooGLE puts in the coordinates for you if you drag and drop the image. What's so weird about that? Tongue
Wikigoo-4evr wrote:

Use a new linearforcefield. If you delete the size and centre attributes you will get a forcefield affecting the hole level.

Now I have a bit of a problem. The box is too heavy (being 300 as total weight) plus with the rest of the goos, making the chain split. Any way I can make the box lighter without it wobbling?

That's why I suggested to add a forcefield pushing the box upward a bit to reduce the weight.
I tested a mass of 60 - 100 for each childelement. 100 was the lowest value without wobbling.

Nvm, I changed the concept a bit. Now there'll be no box/basket to worry about Smile

All thought the system just breaks either way (the chain snaps), so I got bored of trying to make it work properly and just made the Sign Painter tell the tale in the level. You'll see when the chapter comes out.

I'm more or less finished with level and the chapter concepts and stuff. All I need to do is make two simple movies and send it all to AP.

I'm going to be away for a week, so I'm afraid this won't be finished until I return. Sorry.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
I'm going to be away for a week, so I'm afraid this won't be finished until I return. Sorry.

It's allright. I hope you'll be able to get it done in like a week after you come back, AP, cause I'll be leaving for a week or so away too near the end of August. Hopefully this gets finished before the start of September!