???

20 replies [Last post]

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I don't know from where it is.
Is it a joke?
I don't get it. Sad

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

<--hi-->

what is going on? AP has been atacked by bots or somrthing?
I'm scared! Tongue

No, I haven't been attacked. It's a puzzle. Tongue

Maybe one of those encrypted sounds, like in Portal 2? Who knows Wink

Good thought there, those are called SSTV signals (Slow-Scan TeleVision, because it takes so long to send). Why not try it?

Is this actually related to the GooFans Game?

Decoded it. It's an old fashioned SSTV transmission, like NASA used on their missions.

Got this image. http://imgur.com/Uz58i

P.S. I'm actually Joris, from old goofans times, if anybody remembers me.

I'm actually Joris.

I remember the name. I think you popped in a couple of months ago with your old account.

About the message: as far as I can tell it's pretty much dead. As Red said it was a bit of a long shot, I mean it's easy to start a project like this but pursuing it till the end takes real determination and persistence. Not to mention it'd need proper organisation and some sort of periodic meetings (e.g. live group chats) would probably help.

Right now we're pretty much focused on modding Little Inferno. Once that kind of gets done and all the excitement dies down we can maybe go on with this, but for now it looks like it's at a halt. Maybe not dead, just resting.

Joris, you're back! And you might want to use MMSSTV, it gets a cleaner image.

Here's the clean version.

I couldn't decode the second video for whatever reason.

The second one isn't SSTV. Try listening to it a little slower, or looking at it in Audacity or the like.

Got it! Not sure what "emtse arss" means, but sure.

emtse arss this time, with the min and max from the help command and 50 pixels per second.

I'm still working on the last bit.

EDIT: Use ARSS this time, with the min and max from the help command and 50 pixels per second.

EMTSE? That might be a glitch in my transcription. The first word should be ..- ... . (with . being a dot and - a dash).

That explains it. I'm not sure what ARSS means. Google won't help.

It's a program to make spectrograms.

This seems a bit overdone. The announcement is already public.

Yes, I mostly just wanted to test out the image encodings for another project.

HA! I knew you had to decode the image somehow! I tried a sound to image thing, but it didn't work out for me.

-_-