I can't change profile directory!

5 replies [Last post]

When I'm trying to change profile's directory in Goo Tool, window appears. But when I select file with profiles, it has no effects! Window closes and profile path is the same...

Knows someone what it means?

Invalid path? Path with spaces? GooTool stuck bent on where the profile "should" be? No idea.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

I know why that happens! It happened to mine too. Have you played Time for Real, or a level with an invalid name (eg, "a" or "4444")? That's what caused mine, and the only way to fix it is to manually edit that level's data out of your profile...not fun. Puzzled I think I messed something up, too, because my third profile vanished when I was done and GooTool still didn't like it. The problem this time was that the current profile was "3" and there was no 3rd profile...the way to fix THAT is to simply start World of Goo (unmodded) and enter your name. Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Goo Tool doesn't tell "I can't read your profile", but just ignores I'm trying to change file path...

No, if the current profile is empty it won't say anything. Try just starting World of Goo. If it says "Enter your Name," that's what the problem is and you just fixed it at the same time Smile .

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

WoG works correctly with this profiles. I wanted to have my 1.3 WoG's profiles visible in Goo Tool to see my records in fan levels.