Gootool cannot update my profile

14 replies [Last post]

Ever since 2 days ago i downloaded gootool... its been showing me that...
I had played for 8mins 2secs
I had played 3 levels
I had goocorp unlocked
The 3 levels are...
GoingUp
Economic divide
Hanglow
Even though going up my best record is 10 balls, it shows 7 balls there...
I had tried re-installing gootool and world of goo already but its still the same
It says i had not built a tower when i have a 1.3m high one now... but even before when i had a 9m one it did not show
I had already completed all chapters and now i am just playing with the new levels downloaded from this website and building the tower... But its just not updating!
Whenever i click refresh nothing happened.
HELP!

Arg! GooTool Is so complicated! arg!

Oh and when i had created a new profile on WOG, the gootool did not show it and did not let me to choose between the 1st and 2nd profile, i could only choose the 1st profile which is the one stated above... Now i had deleted the 2nd profile as it was of no use...

This may be due to GooTool only finding an old profile. Did you play the World of Goo demo before purchasing, and where did you get World of Goo from?

Also, GooTool is an insanely simple program. You should try WooGLE. Wink

Hey! I did download the demo version before...
Then i downloaded WOG from SteamDePowered (mediafire)
So how? How should i solve this?

And then if you think WooGLE is complicated, try using WOG-Edit. It can corrupt your whole game for no apparent reason with no way to get it back, all because you tried to put an image onto a circle.

Anyway, it does sound like you have an old profile showing up. Go to GooTool and click the "Browse" button next to your profile path, and point it to %APPDATA%\Local\2D Boy\World of Goo\pers2.dat.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Well, it depends on where your pirated version of World of Goo saves the profile, which I can't help you with. You can search your computer for pers2.dat and find where the other one crops up, or, as I would recommend, you could buy the game legally and we'll be able to give you much more help. Wink

Hmm thats what i did, i went to the browse thing and clicked on local disk C/users/user/appdata/2Dboy/world of goo/pers2.dat

Super-cross-post!

Don't use a pirated version. GooTool is set up to not work with them. Get it from 2D Boy. The game's worth much more than $20.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Okay... so SteamDePowered is pirated... Sigh... buying it legally is also not really worth it... It will be at first, but now that i can still play the game with the new levels from this website, i guess a profile update is not that important... sigh... I did thought of buying it but i could not find it too... near my house... Also, i do not have a credit card, thus, cannot buy it online... sigh! i spent 2hours trying to solve this...

Anyways thanks very much...

Do you have PayPal? You could get it that way, either through 2dboy.com or Steam.

It's usually available at Gamestop upon request.

on steam, you get rewards. if you got it with the orange box (i did), you get all these other games too.

choose: steam, http://www.2dboy.com, or gamestop.

-_-

kirdneh, he said he didn't have a credit card...

oh. welllll, i guess you have to get it from game stop. or on amazon.

-_-

oh wait, you can only get it from game stop with hard cash or a check.

-_-