Key expired???

14 replies [Last post]

this may be silly, and i am asking because i am just beggining to use gootool and i aint familiar with it yet, but why now when i try to save and launch, it makes all the loadings and then gives me the error:"Your temporary key has expired. If you believe this message is in error, please contact the program's author."??
Plz help, and if it is something really obvious, i am truly sorry

That's not something obvoius at all, I've never even heard of that error before.

David?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

GooTool should never give such an error message. Are you sure it's GooTool and not World of Goo itself? Where did you get World of Goo from?

It looks like something the demo version of WoG would say. Maybe it's something that isn't supposed to be seen, but starting via GooTool triggers it.

Anyway, like AP I think David should know the problem.

maybe it's the game and because a i downloaded it. I played some level addins with gootool but now when it makes all the loadings, it still pops on my screen the image of " Pogo to go " and then appears the error message, it doesn't even start up the game. When i play the game without gootool it still works fine, so i don't know, i thought it must have something to do with the program !!??!!

Wow, I guess I didn't realize that Pogo even sells World of Goo.

I would think that it's an incompatibility with Pogo's version of World of Goo and GooTool. Pogo probably has some special kind of DRM or something that only allows the game to be launched in one specific way, and doesn't like it when GooTool tries to launch it.

How exactly did you get the game, and where is it installed?

EDIT: Just checked on pogo.com, and they don't have the game listed. Where did you get it from?

I downloaded it from a portuguese blog/website where they recommend everyday all kinds of things for download, and one day there was world of goo. they give you a link for a fileshare or easyshare webpage to make the download, but i don't where they got it from originally. Maybe the best solution is to try to get the game from another website??

Yeah. Definitely. Get it from 2DBOY.com directly.

EDIT: Or...

Download the PC demo from 2D Boy, then copy the EXE over your existing one. No more DRM.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

If you buy it, get it from Steam. Achievements make EVERYTHING better. Tongue

Buy it from somewhere, anyway, and stop using a pirated version.

It's a pirated version. You should double click on "Launch.exe" to launch the game.

Good point. GooTool just alters the files, so launching it normally should have all the addins and such installed already. Of course, since GooTool does a block copy of all data, if there's some kind of DRM or something on the file, it may only like being launched from one location.

Just buy the game. You get what you pay for when you pirate games.

I actually don't think this is a pirated copy, probably some DRM or something, but not pirated. If it was pirated, it wouldn't have errors, well, depends on the sourc-...I mean, um, I don't know anything about pirating! Stare

RuB3nPT wrote:
they give you a link for a fileshare or easyshare webpage to make the download, but i don't where they got it from originally.

Sounds like piracy to me. If you ain't paying for it.

Actually, forgot about that part, yes it is obviously a pirate, but not a good enough one we should tell the feds. Wink

This is the kind of piracy where he didn't know what he was doing. Yeah, you're copy is bad. I suggest you pay for it legitimately. It's only $15-20.