Terrible gootool crash

23 replies [Last post]

Nothing helps!Please help me!I have'nt played goomods for 1 month!I'm gona go CRAZY!!!MWUAHAHAHAHA!OMG I'M EVIL LAUGHING!I'M GONA GO CRAZY PLEASE HELP!HELP!Help...He-... X|

It says:

Uncaught expection (java.util.NoSuchElementExpection):null

Crazeh man!

I hate being ignored... Crying

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

You are not being ignored, but davidc isn't around and no-one else seems to know a good answer...

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

He was online few minutes ago

Crazeh man!

Oh,and lot's of topics are abandoned because i posted on them Sad

Crazeh man!

hey i have the same problem on my laptop and i don´t know what to do, too...

Did u found an error? Keep it yourself! ^^

Cool,i have that problem on my laptop to.

Crazeh man!

For the 2nd time Martin33,IT'S "NOSUCHELEMENTEXPECTION" NOT "NULLPOINTEREXPECTION",DAMNIT,learn to read!

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture

Joris, it's not "expection", but "exception".
Besides, the error "NullPointerException" also exists (and by the way is even more common). Just google it.
Maybe you should learn to read, too. Wink

No,i mean,in that topic he was talking about "NullPointerException" and i'm talking about "NoSuchElementException".About "expection",i just spelled it wrong Smile

Crazeh man!

I think it's a corrupted profile or something. Try reinstalling both World of Goo and GooTool. Then, delete (or at least rename) your profile and see if GooTool starts.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Yeah,like i would delete my profile,on which i completed hard levels.I'm goig to do that,if i hear it from someone i thrust.

Crazeh man!

...And I knew you were going to respond like that. I also mentioned to rename the profile to something else (such as _pers2.dat). Try that. (Hey, am I not trustable? I did make WoG Portable, which shifts profiles around. It works fine.)

P. S.: Who ya gonna thrust? Laughing out loud

You're just new in goofans.And i'm not really into the 2dBoy forum.

P.S.I trust all the moderators,MOM4EVR,jmeleven,thB and Enchanter12

Crazeh man!

Glad to know I earned your trust, Joris. Smile
Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how to solve your problem (and Mr. Croft isn't here!), but don't delete your profile without saving a backup first! What GMMan was saying is move your profile somewhere (where you can find it again to put it back later) or rename it. This will cause GooTool to give you the error message Martin33 talked about above. Run WOG long enough to create a new profile (create a user and play the first level or something), and then exit WOG. This will create a new, fresh profile that is (hopefully) error-free. If GooTool will run fine without any errors after this, it will mean that your profile has a glitch in it somewhere that WOG can ignore but GooTool can't. (I think only Mr. Croft can fix that) If you still get an error, we're back to ground zero.

I deleted it,there's a strange thing with my comp...I deleted WoG,then pers2.dat,i reinstalled WoG,and i got an old profile that i deleted!

Crazeh man!

Wow, that really is bizarre. Did you get back your profile that you deleted, or an earlier one? (most importantly, does GooTool work now?) Where is your pers2.dat located on your computer?

thB
thB's picture

Maybe this will help?
http://goofans.com/forum/gootool/suggestions-and-bug-reports/788#comment...
Also make sure your hidden files and folders are visible. See Pavke's post two posts after mine for this.

Joris: Did you get the latest version of GooTool that Mr. Croft created right after the comments thB linked to above?

Your "old version" would be from the demo version. They store the profile in different places, and the Full version copies over the old profile so that you can continue instead of starting over.

Nevermind,it's good now,everything works.

Crazeh man!

Great! Glad to hear it!

same thing happend to me (fixed)