[SPOILERS] HRM decompression/hacking thread

13 replies [Last post]

I received a residmap.dat from Allan, and have set to work decompressing everything I can. There's a lot of changes in each file format since LI, but I'll be posting results here as I find them.

For starters, The OST, since Kyle hasn't uploaded that yet as far as I know.

Secondly, in some unused images, Carol survived her jump from the building! (Pieced together as best as I could from a bunch of different images):

Do you have any ideas for modding the game?

None whatsoever. I'm not even sure if adding levels is reasonably possible; there's several binary formats I'd need to figure out first, and I don't terribly feel like it / feel like bugging Allan about it. Currently this is just decompression for fun.

I hear you. I haven't had enough free time to climb too far up the corporate ladder (and I know they're going to get a lot harder), but I have a feeling I'll want to continue to be challenged by more levels. I can see myself wanting to come up with some more levels, such as Outboxing only prime numbers (or is that one I haven't played yet?). Cheers.

Yay thanks! Just finished the game and I love it!

Btw shouldn't this be posted on InfernoFans? Oh I see. We don't have a more from Tomorrow Corporation forum on InfernoFans. I guess I will post my post here then. Tongue

Yeah, infernofans was never as popular, and this one is easier to moderate / has more active moderators, so I figure I'll just keep this here.

MOM4Evr wrote:
Secondly, in some unused images, Carol survived her jump from the building! (Pieced together as best as I could from a bunch of different images):

That image is used in the credits Wink

Hah, apparently I missed that somehow. Oops!

Do you see any potential for modding the tasks on each floor?

The only file I see that looks like it stores that is sdata/hrmData.bin. It's a big hunk of data that probably contains everything. Your guess is as good as mine as to how it's stored or if/how it can be edited.

Thanks anyway. They should have made a floor that accepts anything, then at least we could experiment with other tasks. It wouldn't self-check, but we could check for ourselves. Some tasks I'd like to try are "Send to the outbox only perfect squares" or "Round each number to its greatest digit and send it to the outbox". (I teach math to elementary students so I'm daily thinking about numbers.)

Yeah, that'd be a great learning tool! You should totally send Tomorrow Corp an email and ask for that.