Wikigoo-4evr's suggestions about addins and other

16 replies [Last post]

The first I want to suggest about Wiki-world. Thats the addin I want to make but I don't realy know how to make chapters and MapWorldViews. So I need the help. I know so far that I need to rename my addin to MapWorldView. I know where I need to do this but where I need to rename it in res/levels/[level name]/... I don't know. I know that I need to open it with something program but then over there - what I need to rename to put my addin in MapWorldView?

Read the help we've given you so far. What exactly don't you understand? 'res/levels/[level name]' is what is called a file path that basically tells you where to find what I was telling you about. 'res' should be a folder inside your goomod (after you've unzipped it), 'levels' should be a folder inside that, and '[level name]' is referring to a folder that is named whatever you yourself chose to call it.

Inside here should be 3 .XML files that you can open with Notepad. Right-click on one, choose "Open With...", then choose "Notepad". If it's not on the list, you may have to choose "Other..." and look for it in the larger list.

Other than this, follow the directions AP and I have already given you.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
This is another thing I would ask you to change to people who have got only OLD computers could make the levels WITH the pictures or other ways they can't!

As far as I know, GIMP (which I suggested also) works fine on older computers. If you can't get one program to work, try another. Or get a new computer. Wink

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
You know guys these things are making me crazy suggesting in one level page and another... May be we suggest it in forum so I could know where every body answering me.

Good point, and thanks. I was starting to get confused, too. Wink

About computers - Exactly! May be some poeple can't get new computers so they still CAN make WOG levels only without screenshots.

About changing level to mode - there I stoped. There are very much places where written [level name] so I don't really know which one I need to rename. Or may be all of the places. But then I'm not sure that it will change something. So I mean - res/level/[level name]/compile/res/level/[level name]/[level name].scene and over there. Where I have to rename it. Well I remember you said to open where is [level name].scene right?

What I said was:
Inside your goomod there should be compile/res/levels/[level name]. When you browse to here (after unzipping the goomod) you should see three .xml files. Open ALL THREE of them in Notepad and do a "Find and Replace" (Edit menu) to replace all instances of [level name] with "MapWorldView". Please realize that these are case-sensitive, so check the box marked "Match Case" when you do so. Ignore all the places where you find [LEVEL NAME] in all caps.

I don't remember whats zipping and unzipping. Wait no, what I need to type in that "find"? Hold on a minute... At first I need to finish my addin. Where I need to put something to buttons opens something I want to?

Say what?

In WoOGLE where I need to write something to my chapter I want to put in so when I press the button it will open that chapter I've been putted in that button. So where I need to write it? Is it just in buttons ID so it will open the chapter I chose?

Ask random questions on here, please.
As for the .ogg that you asked about on Goosweeks' "Platforms of Goo" page, you can open .ogg files in Audacity. You'll need to download Audacity. Google it.

I can't quite understand what you're asking here. Do you want to open your own chapter when you click a button in MapWorldView? The easiest way to do this is to leave MapWorldView itself alone, and override the chapter you want (BUT NOT CHAPTER ONE! Override Chapter 2 instead). If you're editing MapWorldView, you can do pretty much whatever you want, as long as you follow the guidelines here: http://goofans.com/developers/world-of-goo-level-editor/reference-guide/...

If you don't carefully follow these, your game will crash when you try to play it. Also, some things around MapWorldView and the chapter .xml files are hard-coded, so you may want to read up in the reference guide exactly what is hard-coded and what you can change freely. It's not always intuitive or simple.

MOM4Evr, I can't make MapWorldView with guide because there isn't anything lot about this. There are only the things I already know.

We've given you directions for editing MapWorldView already. Follow them.

I got one wiki-goo!
Now UNDERSTAND and follow me and MOM
1-open woogle(World Of goo level editor)IMPORTANT- have the latest version
2 go to the "Open level directory" there you have memorable levels like "Drool" "the worm" etc...Find one that says "MapWorldView" and open it, of course
3-Then there you have map world view in woogle ok??? up of the woogle toolbar you will see a button that says"Copy-level" or something like that , click it and you will rename your moved copy at "MapWorldView2" Or something like that, then in your moved copy....
I need to not type so much ,heheh

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

It's not so easy to just copy the map world view! You need to put in all things and... Wait a minute! If I just want to open the MapWorldView then... I JUST NEED TO COPY MAP WORLD VIEW AND EDIT IT? He, he... NO!

Yes. Copy MapWorldView and edit it. Like G0o-gle said.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

GOo-gle is right, Wikigoo-4evr. You'll need to first hit the "copy level" button in World of Goo Level Editor, then edit the level to make the changes you want, then make a goomod and change the XML appropriately in order to make it replace MapWorldView, then note the XML changes and make an XSL merge file, then patch the goomod together by hand. I'll be honest: this is way above your head at this point. You haven't even followed our directions to unzip a goomod yet, even though we've told you how time and again (and I've even written a tutorial about it). If you can't even do a simple thing like that, you are not going to be able to change MapWorldView.

My best advice for you is to keep making levels, and stick to that. You are starting to make better levels than you started out making at first, and we like that. If, after you've made levels for a while, you want to go on to more advanced goomodding, there are pages on this site that you can read about the game file formats. There are websites on the internet that will tell you all the basics of file extensions, and there are websites that will tell you the basics of XML. You'll have to go through and do what I did: teach yourself how goomods work and how you can make different addins with them. While you're at it, learn English.

Got it wiki-goo?
Ok. Next step, Open the directory of "MapWorldView2"
and edit in complete liberty the images
BUT NEVER EDIT BUTTONGROUPS Only the images that uses the buttton if you want.
ALSO NEVER ADD PIPES AND FORCEFIELDS
the only things you can edit are images, balls and effects
Now Start to edit your "MapWorldView2"
Then that you edit that we will do magic
Aha! Also Only save it ! If woogle says"There is an error here in the ADDIN" don´t pay attention and save it.DONT MAKE A GOOMOD ONLY SAVE.Now close woogle
Lets go to The "levels" folder
There you have all levels installed and there is "MapWorldView" And "MapWorldView2"

PAY ATTENTION
Open now MapWorldView2 And open with "wogfile.exe" the "mapWorldView2.scene.bin", also the "level.bin", and the "rescr.bin"
the BIN archives will change to XML magically then here goes the most boring of all.BUT first you need notepad++ or exel to do it, OK?
Open them you will se The instructions of the level, resource and scene
All that says in big letters "MAPWORLDVIEW2" change it to "MAPWORLDVIEW" in resources,level and scene.

Example-MAPWORLDVIEW2_BOOTH_IMAGE
Change to:
MAPWORLDVIEW_BOOTH_IMAGE

Pass this large process of 1 hour and ask again for the next steps.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

I only now get it what is XML and XSL. It's some kind of folder. Only what I need to write there? YEHA, MAMA MIA!!! So easy but takes long time... I think how that little "Wiki-world" wont come soon and I will work on it long time! Ehh... Oh well, that LITTLE thing will be example for the big, big game - "World of goo dimond catchers". If will be possible then I will make one full version for it. But at first I want to make DEMO later 3 stories and if it's possible then full version (5 stories). Or I just do the parts like Tacomann13 did.

Doing it in parts is probably better, as you cannot upload files here larger than 20 MB.

And .xml and .xsl are referring to files, not folders. Wink