Goomod format 1.1

12 replies [Last post]

I'm at work on the goomod file format version 1.1. This is targetted for the final beta prior to the GooTool 1.0 release.

So far, I have:

Definite requirements

• compile/ directory will compile .anim.xml and .movie.xml files, according to a format currently under discussion.
  • A way to specify the cutscene on a level in an island, to trigger movies.
  • A new text.xml to allow easy addition of text without having to merge text.xml via XSL

Possible additions

• A way to specify which chapter a custom level appears in, since this affects things like the Sign Painter sign style.
  • A way to influence the position of a level in the chapter.
  • A way to specify a required previous level (i.e. must complete X before you can complete Y) and perhaps a way to represent this graphically in the same way the current game does.

Thoughts on the above? Any other requirements I've missed? Is there anything that you currently have to hack via obscure XSL, or that you can't do at all?

Goin' into the future!
Uh-huh!
Keep rockingly coding!

[/goodstyles]

If you add all the 'Possible additions' then that will be fine.

I have one request make it bakward compatible so us modders dont have to update all are mods, so just make sure gootool can run goomod 1.0's and goomod 1.1's

iGoo

slightly off topic, but it would be nice if gootool would unflag a previous OCDed level, when it gets updated. (or you let the player choose if s/he wants that.)

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

Ghost
Interesting ideas, davidc. Can't wait for it!
Oh, yeah. A suggestion of mine would be entering coordinates to put the addin in on the chapter menu, like if it took place in the water, then the level would be just above the water on the menu.

[/goodstyles]

the ability to set the mod to require another mod installed, e.g. if someone made a level s/he could set it to require a graphical(theme) mod

iGoo

Stickybomb67: this could easly end up with levels on top of each other, I'd rather spend the time improving the automatic placement Smile

spazturtle: you can already do this with <dependencies>.

davidc wrote:

spazturtle: you can already do this with <dependencies>.

that does not work

iGoo

Hmm it works when you click Enable button, but isn't checking dependencies when double-clicking a goomod or when enabling via the checkboxes. Will fix for next version.

Stickybomb67: this could easly end up with levels on top of each other, I'd rather spend the time improving the automatic placement Smile

Let's say, a player enabled four goomod files in gootool. These mods will be shown vertically at the top-left corner of the chapter #1.

If several mods are enabled, I would prefer to see only one icon (possibly) named "mods" or "extra levels". A click on that icon would display a list of enabled levels.

Mockup :
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3180/screenshot002x.png

Come chat with us !
http://goofans.com/irc.php

I'll see what can be done there xanax, it's a good idea but it's unlikely to be possible as an overlay and instead would need to transition to another scene - thus resulting in the same problem preventing us adding a new chapter for new levels.

well, i still can't get my addin to work, because when i change it to a .goomod, gootool says that it had an error opening the zip file.

OVER 9000

nvm, i got it to work, made my addin, and requested it to be published.

OVER 9000