I was wondering If you could ask some questions
Yes?
Here it go:
Can I edit MOM´s texts????
Can I edit MOM????
Where is MOM texts????
Can I make MOM playable again??
How To zip a big goomod????
And who stole the cookies and the spam???
If anyone know something about this, please Don´t be lazy at the keyboard and answer!!

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Ok I found some answers:MOM texts are in text.xml
that give me the option to edit MOM but now
I dont know how to play again MOM´s Computer
I read something about "You need the patch of the latest version"
Ok now...
WHERE IN TRHE WORLD is that patch???
I installed 2 patch that update that and i cant still play the game

Also, Thanks for answering...
-the sarcastic g0o-gle

Hey You!

No matter what I've done, I haven't managed to play MOM's Computer more than once on one profile. I've patched it, OCD'd on the first try... doesn't work for me. Supposedly you can do something to be able to play it again, but it's never worked for me.

Could it be because the Linux version doesn't replay the MOM level for some reason? I can replay it, but when I beat it, it says "MOM is away".

Yeah, I dunno. I thought that there wasn't a Linux patch for the simple reason that they fixed it in the Linux version and didn't need it. I can't remember if I've OCD'd on the first try in Windows before or not.

Okay, I have the latest patch and it allows me to play the level and it does come up with the message "MOM has gone away", HOWEVER, I can still atempt to OCD the level after I click ok on that message because of the patch. Is that what GOO-gle wants to know or does he want to know if he could edit the MOM text and see what it looks like by playing the level again? If he wants to do that he could make a new profile and start over and check it then but then never finish the level by quitting until he's edited it the way he wants to... will that work? Big smile

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Yeah, he's talking about speaking to MOM again.

Maube he could just create a new profile and just start over till he gets to MOM the as he talks to her he can quit before he finishes so he could keep trying things? Would that work?

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

The goal was to see if he could talk to her WITHOUT doing that all again. Wink

Maybe copy/back up his old one after starting all the way UNTIL he gets to the MOM part, then replacing his profile every time he wants to talk to MOM again.

hey I am back in another pc because mine is crashed as a goo in a windmill!
I was talking about replay MOM`s level editing text and make a "MOM Comeback " level
But....I just got a idea or a suggestion, can we replay the level editing pers2.dat-Profile ??????
for now I am editing MOM text and I add the good idea of unlock the whistle i the first level of the chapter 6

Hey You!

But they already have the whistle after chapter 2... or will you edit it so it moves to having it after that level instead? Or...???

If MOM level cant replay
I was wondering in a backup profile, a newer one, and to have all the experience i put the whistle to be unlocked after the first level
so you dont need to wait until chapter 2 to get it
Talking about mom,
i had an idea
why not edit profile values???
I`m talking about editing pers2.dat
like giving the instruction "Ehhhmmm...mom level is not completed..."
is that even possible???

Hey You!

Yeah, I think so, but it'll be tricky. Definitely make a backup always before you start editing your pers2.dat file. I've edited mine before to change my profile name to MOM4Evr, and it took me several tries to do it without breaking it. Problem would be if that would also take out any later levels you'd completed, but if you're just testing your mod, that shouldn't be too much of an issue. I don't know much about editing profiles, as they're far more cryptic than the standard XML for levels and such, so I'm not certain how much I can help you.

I'm attempting to make it possible using FireGoo, by creating a hacked profile with only 3 levels completed: HelloWorld, with 1 goo ball in 1 hour and 20 moves; and the ones that unlock MOM's Computer, also with impossible scores. Would this still be cheating? All it does is unlock the level, and it wouldn't get any records.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Problem solved!
Here is my solution:
Make a dependancy of MOM with the level before and repeat the process
Example"Open MOM and Chapter 4 when TheFinalEscape is completed"
It works Perfectly!

Hey You!

So it basically would just create a new profile that had the levels completed that led up to that point? I don't see any problem with that. The only thing I would caution against is making the levels have too long of time played, so people don't suddenly get hours more of play time than they have (Or is play time stored in a global number, rather than adding times together? Whatever). Basically, it wouldn't be fair if someone could easily get the "Too Much Free Time" badge without working for it. Maybe you should just copy the scores they have so far into the other profile. Just a thought.

i has an idear!!
do you know in a custom island you replace levels? well, just make a chapter BUT only change the mom level.
Ta da!! MOM 2.0!!

-_-

Maybe you are in reason, hmmm thinking well that would be a problem because specially the final level is EXTREMELY HARD and I complete it in 10 minutes as fast as I can!!!!
The Good thing is that MOM level could only replay one time
so you will need to make a new profile because you can´t continue without doing MOM level
When you finish "Chapter 6" It don´t open any other chapter.
The problem solved itself.hahaha
Thanks for the suggestion!
MOM Knows Best.

"The best solution might be the simple"

Hey You!

Also i´m releasing NEW User image,Do you like it??

Hey You!

yeah, some where else i said so. Smile

-_-