World of Goo High Resolution Fix

4 replies [Last post]

Ok
1) I don't know if this belongs here or not.
2) I don't know whether I'm allowed to do this or not.
3) Was ONLY tested at 1920x1080, any other resolutions well....Good Luck.
4) If my grammar is off or I make typos I'm sorry I've been up for 20 hours.
5) IT'S NOT PERFECT! But it does allow access to the Continue Button when playing at 1080p. (I don't know if this was ever "officially" patched by 2dboys or not, mine is out of date (I assume))
6) I'm new here, just started playing with mods tonight (within last 6 hours) So I don't know how to post files on this site. SO I'm using an external site. Sorry Sad
7) Read the README.txt inside the archive for installation instructions and other info.

And because I know most of you won't read the readme I slaved over a hot keyboard to add, I'll post the text here:

This is a simple fix (It's not perfect in any definition of the word) but it allows you to play
World of Goo at 1920x1080 AND click the continue button....ONLY TESTED AT 1920x1080!!!!!

To install simply extract the images to your "World of Goo/res/images" folder. That's it. Don't launch
with World of Goo Tool as for some reason it replaces them with the old ones, thus making all of this useless.

Sorry if my grammar is poor, I've been awake for about 20 hours, this was just a "I wonder if this will work" Ideas.

Enjoy.

To recap: Set resolution to 1920x1080, move files to said folder, open World of Goo (WITHOUT World of Goo Tool) that means manually open the game, and enjoy. Smile

Here is download link. You need winrar to open it. http://www.mediafire.com/?6t004fxcww300ja

Hope this helps!

There's no reason not to do it with GooTool. Most people only install mods over a copied version of WoG, and when you disable/uninstall a mod it brings back any overwritten images anyway.

Not only does this make it simpler for people to install, but then you can also upload it on this site, since it only allows people to upload .goomod files.

If you need help with making a goomod please check out this page and this page.

Doesn't the official World Of Goo 1.3 patch fix the problems with widescreen already? Or does it not work with that high of a resolution? Have you installed the patch and tried it yourself? See the link in my signature.

MOM4Evr wrote:
Doesn't the official World Of Goo 1.3 patch fix the problems with widescreen already? Or does it not work with that high of a resolution? Have you installed the patch and tried it yourself? See the link in my signature.

Yeah, 1.3 patch fixes the resolution problem. I don't think there is a place where you can get the old 1.0 version of the game.
xialomain, where did you buy your World of Goo? maybe your version is old and you should re-download the new one

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I have 1920x1080 display and Patch 1.3 and it works.