What did I do Wrong

45 replies [Last post]

I'm trying to test a goomod, but, well, I don't know what went wrong. could somebody help? http://goofans.com/download/level/launcher

I made goomods.

Well only mods can test the link the now, sorry.

My Profile

I know Smile

I made goomods.

You could make a temporary co-author, then I would have acces to the download page and could have a look at it. If the help is still needed.

How do I do that?

(Bows to the "great" goomatz)

I made goomods.

Open the page click on edit. Tipe "goomatz" in the field below "Additional authors:" then click save.

Just updated it.

I made goomods.

ok I answered over there.

I tried to decrypt the files. If I did something wrong in the updated version, please let me know.

I made goomods.

The xmls are fine now, but there is a mistake in the resources. The path of SOUND_LAUNCHER_SQUEAMIN is incorrect.
And you have used some custom animations which are not included in the goomod.
Iirc Gootool doesn't support custom annimation. You could try to put them in the override directory but this may cause problems on different systems.
Other than that there are a lot of suicidal goos at the level begining. Spread the common goos to avoid that.

Yeah, I know that. but I have completed it. so it is absolutely possible

I made goomods.

It's less about the possibility to beat the level it's more about the negative feeling a player gets when he sees lots of gooballs dieing at the levelbegining. If all the goos are not needed to beat the level they are not needed at all and can be cutted out. Wink

Oh, almost forgot, when you upload a new version of your goomod please don't forget to change the version number in the addin.xml and on the download page.

That was a test, but I know what you mean Wink

I made goomods.

Animations and movies can be safely overridden as long as you include a 64-bit version of the movie as well. Animations are the same across platforms.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I make ball changing packs, but when I put them in gootool, it says there's no mainfest. I did everything to make the mod correctly, but it won't work.

I made goomods.

Did you add a manifest (that's the addin.xml file)? Tongue

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yes

I made goomods.

Can you post the content of your addin.xml here?
In  <code> tags. Wink

<addin spec-version="1.1">
  <!-- The unique ID of this addin. Used to check if it's already installed or compare its version -->
  <id>com.goofans.gooeygoo.natural</id>

<!-- name shown to user -->
  <name>Natural</name>

<!-- either "mod" or "level". For user display, and to determine whether to create a chapter 5 entry -->
  <type>mod</type>

<!-- An optional thumbnail image of the mod (goomod 1.1+ only) -->
  <thumbnail type="image/png" width="188" height="80">thumbnail.png</thumbnail>

<!-- Version. Must be numerically comparable at each "." boundary. You could also do it without periods. 11281 is a fine version number.-->
  <version>1.1.2</version>

<!-- description shown to user -->
  <description>This mod creates natural gooballs for a healthier world :).</description>

<!-- author shown to user -->
  <author>gooeygoo</author>
</addin>

I made goomods.

Looks fine to me. And it's called addin.xml in the goomod root?

What do you mean by that?

I made goomods.

What file is that in?

It's with the override file.
I was making a ustom gooball, but none of its textures appear(Except for the eyes) What did I do wrong?

I made goomods.

It should be in a file called addin.xml in the root of the goomod.

What do you mean. The override and the addin xml should be in a folder called...addin xml?

I made goomods.

What do you mean. The override and the addin xml should be in a folder called...addin xml?

I made goomods.

No, it should be in the root of the goomod. What part don't you understand?

So, in the goomod, there should be two things: The addin xml and the override. In the override, there's the res.In the res, is the balls folder, and in the balls folder, should be names of the gooballs I want to edit. Inside each one are textures.

I made goomods.

That is correct.

That's exactly what I did Stare

Can you tell me how to make a custom gooball? You know, not with gooble, but handwriting custom gooballs!

I made goomods.

That's too difficult to do, you know. GooBLE was made expressly made to don't make you handwrite gooballs.