Epic Fail - how NOT to do it!

36 replies [Last post]

Hi, guys!
James and I were having fun last night (it's insane what you'll do if you stay up too late), and decided to create our own YouTube channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicFailWOG

This channel includes all the latest videos of how NOT to play World of Goo.
More failures in more levels and more games coming "soon!"
Yahoooooo!

The most epic world of goo fails EVUR! Get an F on your goo-card today! Laughing out loud

Nice guys! I really enjoyed it! Laughing out loud

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I'm making the rest of chapter 1 today, and some of chapter 2. (Chapter 3 is a DEFINATE maybe.)

Chapter 5 done!

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicFailWOG

And working on chapter 4... I'll stop there so you can do 3, James.

"Yay! Let's play with the SimCommons!"

"Oh, you can't flip it upside down. That's not fair."

These are hilarious! Who did the voice?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Both of us did, really... our voices just sound similar. Glad you enjoyed it! Smile

Edit: And I finally found out what that circle was for in Server Farm: seems like it's there to prevent you from flipping the platform over! Doh. Smile

I agree about Virus/Pilot as well. You should post the videos into the forums so that we can see when a new one's been added. Laughing out loud

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Wow...what's behind the Ivy Towers...

I had a different idea. Can I post a video Smile

sure.

This is just sort of us failing, since all the others are about "freaky wicked stratigies". It's a nice change of pace, but be sure to expect more in the future.

Also, if you would like us to fail at another game, we would be glad to do so. (If we fail doing it, don't be surprised. Tongue )

New video!
Road Blocks....Failed!

Could you fail at PoG?

No..too easy. Tongue

Your levels are IMPOSSIBLE, Goosweek!

We can design levels to fail at.

If you make a level, send it to us by e-mail if you know it, or post it here and say "hear I made tis 4 u". Otherthings you can recommend is music, and we can use it if you can show it/give a link. PoG, your about to get FAILURIZED! Laughing out loud

Try Space Junk from AP.

Hmm... I had trouble posting a video in that last post...
Can only mods post videos, or am I doing something wrong?
Nevermind, here!

I also made a Central Processing Goonit fail video.

And a Flying Boxes Challenge fail video!

Well, it's been a while. James and I have been busy with stuff, but I downloaded Gish earlier today, and decided that it was hard enough to make a few fail vids of. James and I HAVE made quite a few failure videos, just none of them were for World of Goo (We've got a Supertux, a Commander Keen, and quite a few Halo fail videos), so I figured they would kinda be off-topic here (But check out our YouTube channel if you want to watch them! They're pretty good). But anyway, Gish is an indie game, like WOG, and he kinda looks like a goo ball, so hopefully this isn't too off-topic here. Here we go:

at 6:50: Your alive, your stuck, and not to mention a skull tar sandwich. Wink

@ Everyone: I'm usually the one with the free time, and my videos usually crash and burn, or are very big, so I'm not filming much World of goo, since it would take up a lot. I'm going back to it when I can, but till I can get myself a "Proper" failre (as if that ever existed), I'm gonna need some more time. I'll post when I make a new vid.

-James. Smile

More failures!
AB3:

Graceful Failure: (name kinda lends itself, doesn't it?)

Graphics Processing Unit:

Grape Vine Virus:

Bulletin Board System: (yeah, this one is kinda lame)

Hello World:

Product Launcher:

Incineration Destination:

I'll admit freely: I'm not quite as good as James at making fail videos. But he's having some trouble with his screen capture software at the moment, so you'll have to just endure my brain-deadness.

Epic Fails are something like opposite of WoGfan...

And there is Epic Fail of my level (C.P.Goo.)! It's so sweet! Big smile

Til I can wrap up enough money (or in a month, if Santa acts very kindly Tongue ) to get a better video capturing program, I guess I can only continue making really short film thingys.

Use ScreenSwift. It's free and works.

all I found about screen swift was that it was a free flash screen saver... and commercial use 69.95! Tongue

New failures! With bonus commentary!

You Have to Explode The Head:

Upper Shaft:

Super Fuse Challenge Time:

Second Hand Smoke:

More fails coming 'soon'.

Can you fail Landing?

Like, any level in particular? (The last one would be pretty hard to fail. Wink)
James and I have decided to take requests for failures, unless we get bored of failing. I think that we want to finish up the original levels first, however, so hang tight!

I mean the last one, also called Landing.

I guess I need to rename one of them. Wink

Hey, guys, happy Halloween!
I took a break from normal fails and did James' Halloween level.
Back to chapter 3 I go!

Don

Someone has to say it, these "Fails" are a complete waste of time. Maybe you should concentrate more on improving your Balls Collected score.

The Almighty Raisin

You may think it is, but we think it's a fun past time. World of goo isn't everything, but it is SOMETHING. That something got us started because we had the idea to take another step: Humoring the World (of goo) with Failure. If you don't like it, then that means we failed to make you appreciate. Wow, we sure do multitask. Wink

Don

You make blindingly obvious mistakes, and your saying were meant to find this funny. Puzzled

The Almighty Raisin

They're supposed to be funny, that means making awful mistakes. Intentionally.

I mean, would anyone build like that in Going Up normally?