Publishing Profile - Help

43 replies [Last post]

On Gootool I would really like if I publish my profile be when I click it i pops up "unable to publish profile, unable to decode profile." But when I was looking through the forums on help for this, I found out that you can publish towers manually by going to the leaderboards and clicking "Upload your on!" But when I get on to it it's a bit confusing and I was wondering if more advanced user could help me. I have a Microsoft XP PC.

Both don't work anymore. It's a glitch with the site's server, sorry. For now, bragging rights are halted.

Oh goodie. Now I have to wait until it's fixed to publish my 33m tower. And that could take forever. On the other hand, I now have more time to make a bigger tower.

i hope this problem gets fixed.
good luck on your tower, Slurms!!! Smile

-_-

And welcome to Goofans! It's good to see a new user who is not a spambot.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yes, it's always nice. Welcome Laughing out loud

Thanks guys. Also, did this bug start in December?

i forgot when it started. i had this problem when i joined, on 02/20/11. it's been for a while.

-_-

If it started in November then they'll be no towers on the "Tallest towers from last month" in January. But if it started before November then how did towers get published?

question mark.
Quest Quest

-_-

Hm. Good question. I don't know.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It was early this year, sometime around March or so.

Then how did towers get published? Does it only happen to some people?

It's universal, but if you're speaking the truth, it must have been around July or April. (quite a jump from my previous guess)

i checked. it you look where it says, "latest tower", it has none. That "this month's highest towers" is just an old image.
also: zoom in on that "this month's tallest towers" image, and look at some of those names. Fred? tower of goo master? i haven't even HEARD of them.
sorry, but you can't upload towers. it's been like that for a while. all badge-getting is slowed to a halt.
Hope you still have fun in World of Goo and this site! now excuse me, i'm going to play more cavestory+ Laughing out loud

-_-

Oh man. I really hope this gets fixed before I get bored of World of Goo because it's starting to get boring just trying to get the OCDs over and over again and I can't get higher then my 33m goo tower! Also, are you still able to post levels and mods? Or do you post it on the same thing as towers?

Yes, you can post levels and mods. And you can download them, too. That doesn't require editing the profile, so you don't need GooTool. It's just a direct upload without decryption.

Good. I'm going to try to start making some levels now.

Can't wait to see what you create! We haven't had many new levels on the site for a while now.

once you start downloading levels, world of goo isn't that repetitive. WOG + Gootool + WOGGLE = fun!!!
here are a few links to get you started:
http://www.goofans.com/download/utility/gootool
http://www.goofans.com/gootool
http://www.goofans.com/gootool/faq
http://www.goofans.com/developers/world-of-goo-level-editor
http://www.goofans.com/developers/world-of-goo-level-editor/my-first-level (watch the vids)
http://www.goofans.com/developers/world-of-goo-level-editor/reference-guide

These should get you started. Have fun!! hope your levels are better than mine Tongue

-_-

Yeah, levels from a new member would be cool. Maybe I should make one or two too...

Hey, what do you guys think about a new Level Creation Contest?

BLAH! I'm out of cash, so if we had another I wouldn't be able to give a prize. Maybe after Christmas when my parents send me pocket money. Tongue

Ah well, that's OK. It's just that the LCCs always make me more enthusiastic to create a level Tongue

We could continue the LCC2...

Lightbulb!!!!!
do you know the music contest we are creating? now, you have to put it in a goomod!!!!
tell me what you guys think of that.

-_-

Why are you saying that here?

Albino Pokey wrote:
We could continue the LCC2...

We could. I'd have to rename my original entry though, since it's listed as such.

puggsoy wrote:
We could. I'd have to rename my original entry though, since it's listed as such.

Why did you even name it something like that? All I said was to put LCC2 in the description. In the name doesn't make sense to me.

Let's actually make a new one. I think I want to participate this time, since there's no prize, and the "judge" could just be a vote by all non-participants? Yes? Alright. I also think the theme idea passed, so maybe we should come up with a new one. (post here your ideas)

I'll create a new topic when that's all sorted out.

I only named the addin page like that to make it obvious to people looking for it, and maybe to get people interested. The actual level name (and .goomod name, for that matter) is different (Frost for LCC1 and Pipe for LCC2).

Anyway, I think that a good theme this time round is Christmas. I know the contest will end after Christmas, but it fits, and it'll give more Christmas levels for people to play than Jingle Balls.

Or, we could have the deadline be New Years!

Oof. Possibly, but'd be quite tight. My idea for a level included custom Gooballs, and a whole lot of fine tuning Tongue

But if you like, we could, I'll just whip up something (very) quick. In that case it should start soon.

Should i change the deadline to two weeks after new Year's?

-_-